MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Hi!

I was just gifted this AWESOME hatchie by a very kind and sweet person, and am wondering if it's OK for me to name her Sunshine Pubic? (not a name I'd ordinarily choose, true, but look at the code! xd.png)

Thanks in advance!

This is something I've been wondering about- "viraginity"? It means "masculine qualities in a woman" but I fear it may be too close to a few other words.

Source here

This is something I've been wondering about- "viraginity"? It means "masculine qualities in a woman" but I fear it may be too close to a few other words.

Source here

I think that one is fine smile.gif

Not sure about yours, Princess Kiara. I think it should be ok since pubic is not censored but I'd like more mod opinions.

I'm naming my dorsals for the holly contest and i'm trying to name this dragon with the name: Tiga's Dorsal HC 117. However it keeps telling me this:

You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else.

The name you entered contains inappropriate words and cannot be used.

I don't see anything wrong with the name since all of my other dorsals have it.

Edited by Tiga

I'm naming my dorsals for the holly contest and i'm trying to name this dragon with the name: Tiga's Dorsal HC 112. However it keeps telling me this:

I don't see anything wrong with the name since all of my other dorsals have it.

Probably because you've already used Tiga's Dorsal HC 112. smile.gif He's hiding between 031 and 025.

Probably because you've already used Tiga's Dorsal HC 112. smile.gif He's hiding between 031 and 025.

Oh whoops I wrote it wrong, its actually 117 not 112, I use one name and copy and paste them and change the numbers for each dragon.

Oh whoops I wrote it wrong, its actually 117 not 112, I use one name and copy and paste them and change the numbers for each dragon.

Hmm, could you have maybe accidentally put a space at the beginning or end? That's the only other thing I can think of for why it won't take the name, unless for some reason someone else used it, and I can't remember the link to search by name to check.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

You can just insert an "n" after "view":

http://dragcave.net/view/n/[name],

e.g.

dragcave.net/view/n/Whaheeze

Thank you! I remember the /view/n/ part, I just keep forgetting to drop the /dragons from the address!

So thanks to Fly-by-Night, I checked and it's not taken.

Would naming a Black Marrow from parents Die x (faKE) "I've Been Shot" be okay?

I was wondering if there was a reason it wasn't taken.

Also some Zombie names: Evil Entity, Draconic Disaster, and Rogue Resurrection.

Are these names okay?

Would naming a Black Marrow from parents Die x (faKE) "I've Been Shot" be okay?

I was wondering if there was a reason it wasn't taken.

Also some Zombie names: Evil Entity, Draconic Disaster, and Rogue Resurrection.

Are these names okay?

those are fine

Ebola Victim or just plain Ebola for a Black Marrow (one of its parents is named Hazmat)?

Seems fine to me

Edited by rubyshoes

Not sure about yours, Princess Kiara. I think it should be ok since pubic is not censored but I'd like more mod opinions.

Mm, I will also hesitantly say the name is okay.

(I will say when I first say the code, my first thought was "Public". xD )

Hmm, could you have maybe accidentally put a space at the beginning or end? That's the only other thing I can think of for why it won't take the name, unless for some reason someone else used it, and I can't remember the link to search by name to check.

No, I tried renaming one my other Dorsals to number 117 and got the same result. The site must think 117 is inappropriate.

No, I tried renaming one my other Dorsals to number 117 and got the same result. The site must think 117 is inappropriate.

That's utterly bizarre. I tried naming one of my own dragons "Tiga's Dorsal HC 117" just to test it and it flashed the "This name is inappropriate" message... yet it let me name it "Tiga's Dorsal HC 118." Does 117 have some secret, hidden meaning that I'm not aware of?

Wait. Just tried "Tiga's Dorsal 117" and "HC 117" and the first one worked, but the second one didn't. Something about the phrase "HC 117" is setting off a filter for some reason...

Phew! Tiga, I stared at that name forever before finally figuring out what the site thinks is inappropriate. The c + 117 together looks like l33t for a term inappropriate for the cave. You'll have to skip 117 or maybe use 0117. I think will work.

Why can't dragons be named "0"?

It doesn't say it's taken, once I even got it to say I got the name but the dragon in question didn't actually get the name.

Also, what's bad about CIIT?

It's "leet speak" for a part of the female body.*

*I think. It's the only thing I can see that makes any kind of sense.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Phew! Tiga, I stared at that name forever before finally figuring out what the site thinks is inappropriate. The c + 117 together looks like l33t for a term inappropriate for the cave. You'll have to skip 117 or maybe use 0117. I think will work.

Oh thanks for all of your help! I'll try 0117 instead of 117, thanks! smile.gif

It took me so long to figure out what could possibly be seen as obscene by c117, I am actually stunned and baffled beyond a normal sense. Someone really went through the censor filter and decidedly chose to put the number-substituted word for a slang term for a vagina in there?

That is just so obscure and random, there's got to be a story behind it. Or it's actually a mistake of some sort? I'd definitely suggest looking into whether it's a mistake or not, because those just seem like such strange circumstances.

^ Cool, thanks guys ^.^

You're welcome smile.gif