MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Sat here for a while trying to figure out what may be wrong with this. I think the possible pronunciation is why you're asking? Unless I'm missing some slang or a word in another language, this is fine.

yea, I was worry that it can be pronounce into bad word or something like that.

Thank you.

Maybe we should add a sticky or something explaining what kind of names MIGHT be problematic. The thread seems to get a lot of questions by people who are overly cautious lately wink.gif

~If a name is inappropriate, please PM it to a mod rather than publicly posting it on the forum~

Found this name..

I don't really think it's ok in Chinese, but it could be a coincidence and since the user has scroll hidden...

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hello!

Are 'God Of Sex' or 'Sweet-n-Sexy' appropriate? (my dragon's name has 'seX' in its code, so I kind of tried to give it a matching name :3)

Thank you in advance for you time! smile.gif

The first one I'm hesitant to approve (I'm leaning towards it being fine) and the second one is fine to me.

The first one I'm hesitant to approve (I'm leaning towards it being fine) and the second one is fine to me.

Agree.

Is it okay to ask for help translating a name into a language you're not familiar with here or is there another thread for that?

Is Using Tinder ok in the name of a dragon? If not, i will change it.

edit: Thank you Ruby! smile.gif

Edited by aussieJJDude

Is Using Tinder ok in the name of a dragon? If not, i will change it.

Seems fine to me

The Blackest Of All Thuweds?

Seems fine to me

It's about after the destruction of humanity through war, but it is the prettiest thing I've ever read.

It's about after the destruction of humanity through war, but it is the prettiest thing I've ever read.

If you think about some of our children's songs, they can seem quite violent - Humpty Dumpty, rock a bye baby, Jack and Jill. I think the theme is fine as long it doesn't contain inappropriate words or sexual acts or contains graphic gore. =p

It is a pretty poem. :3

I named a dragon Seductiva because I believe words like sexy are ok as long as they aren't paired with anything inappropriate. Does the same rule apply to seductive, or is that word not acceptable?

I named a dragon Seductiva because I believe words like sexy are ok as long as they aren't paired with anything inappropriate. Does the same rule apply to seductive, or is that word not acceptable?

Seems fine to me.

EDIT:

I want to start a song lyric lineage, and this is one of the songs. It used to have one censored word in it, but I took it out. Would this be acceptable? (Putting it in a small font because it's looong.)

I think I lost my mind a while ago

Cause' I've been seeing some ghosts

And I'd be lying if I told you I'm fine

But I lie

Yeah, these thoughts I would never speak out loud

I've seen you cry but I've never seen you shout

Like a hurricane, these shots don't ricochet

Sight blurred I'm walkin dazed, girl I'm censorkip.gif*** faded

Or maybe wasted, I can't remember how it happened

Oh I don't know my limits at all

I'm sinking down into my thoughts

Oh my god

But so what if I drank too much

This ain't love, it's just a firefight

And even if it's not enough

I'll say it once I swear I never lied

But this is the last time

This is the last time

This is the last time

This is the last time

You'll ever bring me down

But girl you know I'm drowning

And I keep goin' down

But I'll swear that I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not

It's friendly fire and sunlight

The aftermath of one too many words I said, when I should've said nothing at all

At all

I gotta stop overthinking

And missing

What could have been

You were never even really here

And still were are spinning

Just liars and cheaters

Right back where we started

But it don't get easier

I am drowning

In liquor and apathy

Will be the death of me

But so what if I drank too much

This ain't love, it's just a firefight

And even if it's not enough

I'll say it once I swear I never lied

But this is the last time

This is the last time

This is the last time

This is the last time

You'll ever bring me down

Edited by Meg_752

Sounds fine to me.

I want to start a song lyric lineage, and this is one of the songs. It used to have one censored word in it, but I took it out. Would this be acceptable?

Did you take the word out of your post or did you mean you'll take it out of the dragon's name - because there's still a censored word in the posted song. Aside from that, it looks fine for a name.

Did you take the word out of your post or did you mean you'll take it out of the dragon's name - because there's still a censored word in the posted song. Aside from that, it looks fine for a name.

Yes, I took it out of the post and replaced it with asterisks. (**)

I'm also going to make the dragon's name contain ------- instead of the word.

That's good, since I was a little bit iffy on this one.

I'm probably being overly paranoid, but...

Is Hixxy acceptable to be in a name? Because it might be taken as something inappropriate.