TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I really hope it's TJ... otherwise we need a TJ-signal like the Batman's one. laugh.gif

Someone make that.

NOW.

I really hope it's TJ... otherwise we need a TJ-signal like the Batman's one. laugh.gif

I second that.

I should be working, and instead I'm refreshing DC and crossing my fingers tongue.gif

Technically . . . . there are (or should be) 2 sprites for every egg--or at least every holiday egg. 1 for the general public, and 1 for the spriters.

So, you might be seeing posts of the 'spriter alts'? We'll know in a few days . . . or whenever TJ's hatch. xd.png When in doubt, if there's only 2 eggs, then there's only 1 sprite for the players to collect.

Normally, yes .

But, the Snowangels have 4 different sprites (3 different wing colors + 1 special artist color) and the Sweetlings have 4, too (1 normal + 1 Alt + 2 special artist colors) .

The Snowangel colors caused a lot of drama back then, since we could only see the Gold Wing, which TJ has, back then and suddenly there were Gold Tipped and Tri-Colored popping up .

the eggs are not moving at all on my side they are like frozen cant get into anything never mind my scroll now thesr is defently a big problem at the moment i couldnt get the xmas or fall or halloween ones atall so i gave up on playing because i thinks its not fare that they bring out the new eggs and very few can get them and then theres the others who have caught most of them and they seem to get greedy with them.

Both the extreme left and middle eggs are database errors. Try clicking on the EXTREME RIGHT egg, at the moment, that is the only location you can catch an egg.

I just see 2 eggs, the left and middle.

Now the page wont load.

I just see 2 eggs, the left and middle.

Now the page wont load.

That is why the right one is empty pretty fast, since everybody is clicking on it and yeah, site is currently down =/ .

Edited by Shichibi

What is a new Holiday release without some lag???

Just when I looked if the problem was fixed, today the Datamonster and Lagmonster are angry with me... but I just wanna 2 eggs and I'll leave!

tis' a different type of lag though xd.png

It's not the slow type... But the annoying one... unsure.gif

Okay.. It's the slow type again sad.gif

Edited by Juzz

im in the same boat nothing moving atall on my side ether defently its broken down again this is happening way to often thats another reason for not playing for so long

I hope the site is down because TJ is doing something about the frozen error eggs :']

Normally, yes .

But, the Snowangels have 4 different sprites (3 different wing colors + 1 special artist color) and the Sweetlings have 4, too (1 normal + 1 Alt + 2 special artist colors) .

The Snowangel colors caused a lot of drama back then, since we could only see the Gold Wing, which TJ has, back then and suddenly there were Gold Tipped and Tri-Colored popping up .

The Sweetlings would have only had one colour if not for the random glitch that made them drop off scrolls (black alts are the replacements those people were given). The spriters got one colour each, probably because it was a joint project and they each put a phenomenal amount of work into them.

The Snow Angel drama, as far as a lot of us could see, was caused by people always wanting something they haven't got. TJ's scroll was obviously coded like the rest of us, to display a particular colour, so without putting up someone else's scroll, he could only have showed one colour. I was actually delighted to see the different colours (I got tri coloured). It was a lovely Christmas surprise and I'm sure that's how TJ intended it. But there are people who want to collect everything and a lot of them were really cranky that there were three colours and they could only have one. No pleasing some people, I guess. Still, I never really understood why there was a need for such drama over that particular incident.

This kind of crazy lag doesn't happen on Christmas, as I recall, nor does it to this extent on any other holiday. Just Valentine's. During last year's CF I just gave up. I didn't even get a bred sweetling egg this year. I have low expectations.

Edited by sylviamaris

Is the cave lagging or is it my internet? blink.gif

I really can`t wait to see TJ`s hatchies, I have no idea how they could look like.

The Sweetlings would have only had one colour if not for the random glitch that made them drop off scrolls (black alts are the replacements those people were given). The spriters got one colour each, probably because it was a joint project and they each put a phenomenal amount of work into them.

The Snow Angel drama, as far as a lot of us could see, was caused by people always wanting something they haven't got. TJ's scroll was obviously coded like the rest of us, to display a particular colour, so without putting up someone else's scroll, he could only have showed one colour. I was actually delighted to see the different colours (I got tri coloured). It was a lovely Christmas surprise and I'm sure that's how TJ intended it. But there are people who want to collect everything and a lot of them were really cranky that there were three colours and they could only have one. No pleasing some people, I guess. Still, I never really understood why there was a need for such drama over that particular incident.

I aggree on the Snowangel drama ~sigh~, it's sad that every little ''present'' causes drama all over this place @.@ .

And I didn't want to disaggree with the ''normally only one color Holiday'', I just wanted to point out some Holidays, that are not one colored (without the spriter colors, I mean) smile.gif .

Sorry if I have put it wrong or something ^^ .

the cave is lagging like hell xd.png

even saying the server is down every now and then :"]

@Shichibi: . . .

D'oh! *Headdesks* I thought I'd said 'at least 2', or words to that effect.

Now to go back an Ninja-edit.

YOU ALL DIDN'T SEE THAT, OKAY?

Okay. *Throws out slices of decoy!pie and decoy!cake*

@Topic: Well, DC is down for the whole world. And given that it's 5:30-odd AM TJ-Time, and he's a college-going-man, and tomorrow is not a Holiday . . . as long as he isn't snowed in, or unable to get to classes, I'm thinking he's not awake yet, and one of the his helper elves is mucking about with the code to make all 3 eggs clickable.

Or one of the mod-dragons beat him over the head with the emergency-wake-up-stick, and he's fixing it himself.

Now, for everyone freaking out. . . .

Halloween '10 (yes, last year) had problems too. I don't know what they were, I had caught my eggs then, and slept through it. Same with the Sweetlings incedent. . . ANYWAY! Something happened where people couldn't catch the eggs. TJ Fixed this by adding in more rows of eggs for the drops. I assume that:

1) TJ Did not announce when Val-Dragons could breed, so the old ones can probably for more than a week. If not, I cry.

2) TJ will either let these new ones drop for an extra day, or he will add more rows of eggs to grab from if he does not.

Will the extra rows help people who only have a limited amount of time to catch in a day? No. . . . Unless they have friends who can catch for them, or they can find trustworthy catchers to catch for them. The extra day might help people, provided they aren't someplace where they can't catch now, and won't get back before the eggs stop dropping. IN that case, they will have to wait for them to be bred next year.

So basically. . . . Hope for the best (More rows AND an extra day at least), but be ready for the worst (extra rows, and the need to wait for a year).

. . . Unless any Mod-dragons want to step in and say something to calm the rising panic? *Looks around hopefully*

i can understand you as a mentour where you stand but its still not fare that everytime a new eggs come out only certin people get them i have waited all day on many occasions to get the new ones and then they dont happen any more i waited for 3 days to get the new and holiday ones and still never got any so that tells me that it is only fav that get them itried 3 different browsers to get the new and limited ones but still to no avail seems its nothing new in the cave to not get any just fav goet them , ihave had left the game because it was really upsetting to get the new eggs and still not get any three days at a time can try on even the most pacent people and then they stop

I aggree on the Snowangel drama ~sigh~, it's sad that every little ''present'' causes drama all over this place @.@ .

And I didn't want to disaggree with the ''normally only one color Holiday'', I just wanted to point out some Holidays, that are not one colored (without the spriter colors, I mean) smile.gif .

Sorry if I have put it wrong or something ^^ .

Yeah, I know, it was totally unnecessary. And they were all so pretty, I was so shocked to see people saying how they "didn't like" this one or that one. Ungrateful much.

And lol, I just thought that I really should have added at the bottom of my post - I wasn't correcting you. More just explaining that point for anyone who wasn't around during the 2010 Vday drops. tongue.gif (It's quite late here. Brain is not good. Still, GLAD I DIDNT LEAVE DC TILL AFTER DINNER! I don't have to worry about when to catch mah eggies now. *g*)

i can understand you as a mentour where you stand but its still not fare that everytime a new eggs come out only certin people get them i have waited all day on many occasions to get the new ones and then they dont happen any more i waited for 3 days to get the new and holiday ones and still never got any so that tells me that it is only fav that get them itried 3 different browsers to get the new and limited ones but still to no avail seems its nothing new in the cave to not get any just fav goet them , ihave had left the game because it was really upsetting to get the new eggs and still not get any three days at a time can try on even the most pacent people and then they stop

It's never going to be fair, unfortunately. Some people have quicker connections than others and will ALWAYS manage to get their eggs faster. I used to have to get other people to catch my rare eggs for me, because I had a terribly slow connection. But there's no way that only "faves" can get them - the eggs drop in the cave for anyone fast enough to click on them. They're not restricted to being seen by certain people or specially given to people. They're just caught by someone faster than you and, when it's a limited edition like a holiday dragon, eventually they stop dropping. I remember crying from frustration on one of the early holiday releases, because I simply couldn't get the page to load fast enough. I clicked all day and then spent the next two hunting in the abandoned page. Four days after release, I accidentally snagged one from the AP by refreshing and clicking without looking. I was so shocked I almost fell off my chair.

If you really are desperate for one, maybe ask a friend with a faster connection to try and catch one for you. Many people do that, and many people here offer to try and catch dragons for others. It's your choice whether you allow someone access to your scroll or not, but it's an option.

Edited by alyelle

Well, people come here for different reasons. If you come here to collect sprites, it sucks that there will be some that you can't get. It sucks even more if you get, say, the white-winged variety, and you like the tri-coloured better. Just bad luck.

But what confuses me more is: Why make three different sprites, when people can only get one each? Maybe because I'm myself a sprite collector it seems ... pointless. From other points of views it might make better sense, perhaps.

As for the Sweetling incident, again, people were given an alternate sprite if they lost their first egg. I understand and appreciate the intention to do something nice, but again from a collectors point of view, it didn't really make sense. Apart from the fact that I didn't like the looks of the Alt Sprite (be that as it may, that was my personal matter of taste), again it means that I'm cut off from having the regular sprite. If Alt Sweetling had counted as a separate species, maing Alt Sweetling eggs and allowing me to collect regular Sweetling eggs this year, I would have felt I actually got something out of it ...

Anyway, I guess this will make people bash me for being ungrateful, but my point is not so much about gratefulness, as about doing things for a reason. History shows that when you make different sprites, of which only one is available to each, it courses some unrest in certain member groups. That's not saying one (TJ) cannot continue doing it, but I do think one should at least take that into consideration, and consider whether doing it is overall for the better. It's not about pleasing everybody, because that's impossible, but it's about pleasing as many as possible.

I caught one right after they started dropping, now I need to wait to unlock. only five more hours! laugh.gif

oh! is there or is there going to be a badge for this?

Edited by TTIOT

im in scotland its only is there a problem with it here in scotland or does it not work over here fully

theres a problem with the cave right now.. so it's not just you, it's everyone :3

Send some love, flowers, presents around...

user posted image

Yeah... some love

Thank you! *hugs tridy* Happy heart day yall!!!

New equipment, new problems. Anyways, TJ is more than likely sleeping peeps (like I should be *snickers* darn DC obsession).

If it doesn't resolve itself in the next three hours I'm screwed. T_T No eggies for me unless they (TJ and crew) decided to extend the time a whole day... even still, I set aside time for this today and it really sucks that it looks like I won't even have the opportunity to even try to get any all. All I get is "problem loading" or "loading." I can't even check my scroll or see the DC page.

Edited by priscel

This kind of crazy lag doesn't happen on Christmas, as I recall, nor does it to this extent on any other holiday.  Just Valentine's.  During last year's CF I just gave up.  I didn't even get a bred sweetling egg this year.  I have low expectations.

Were you not here on Hallowee'n 2010 ???? when it ended up that TJ created a whole extra line of eggs so we could catch up ?

I shall be breeding a Sweetling later - PM me.

@ fionajuneserena Cave is down all over. I'm in the Northern Pennines. But please do stop saying it's "unfair". We ALL have the same chance or lack of chance. I got two somehow, from that single available egg, and with an hour or so of error messages of all sorts. Patience is always needed.

TJ does an amazing job - all this stuff is down to ONE COLLEGE STUDENT, and how he does it I will never know. Shouting at him is not going to change anything. We are lucky he spends so much of his time keeping this place going so we can play.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I see, this is going to be one Valentine's Day that I'm glad not to have a date.

*rolls eyes*

Now I'll just sit, lean back and watch the drama. And maybe I'll actually get eggs. We'll see.