TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I certainly hope this event lasts more than today. The cave currently won't load, and I'll be at work most of Valentine's day. :/

Edited by CaityG

@ Happy Dragon : No prob =3

@ alyelle : I'm always thinking, I missed something or so or sounded rude xd.png .

On Topic :

Well, all we can do is wait now, maybe sending a Mod a PM and hoping for the best smile.gif .

TJ's eggs still having 7 hours till hatching, the last time I was able to check them ^^ .

I'm from Italy and DC is down for me too, so...

Crud, just when I was about to breed my Sweetling. >.<

i can see that its not just me that has the problem i just wondered is it just in scotland you cant get the new eggs for some reason as i said earlier i have waited for three days at a time for the new drops ect but i am in a diffrernt time zone i think to most of the world and it means thats the reason i cant get the new ones cos they arent relised over here

Well... the cave is down awesome, and and I can barely be online at all today so... *joy*

i can understand you as a mentour where you stand but its still not fare that everytime a new eggs come out only certin people get them i have waited all day on many occasions to get the new ones and then they dont happen any more i waited for 3 days to get the new and holiday ones and still never got any so that tells me that it is only fav that get them itried 3 different browsers to get the new and limited ones but still to no avail seems its nothing new in the cave to not get any just fav goet them , ihave had left the game because it was really upsetting to get the new eggs and still not get any three days at a time can try on even the most pacent people and then they stop

Ummm, no. There aren't any "favourites" (except for the spriters of the holiday dragons, and they deserve a little something special for their hard work). The people who caught eggs worked to catch them, in the main. I got up at 5.45am local time so that I could catch the new Valentine dragons, and they're special to me because I made an extra effort to grab them. There are tricks that you can learn to make catching easier, and a few people have already posted these tricks in this thread - I recommend you find and read them so that you can be ready when the cave is back up. It takes persistence and a bit of hard work to get new eggs, but they wouldn't be as precious if they just got magicked onto your scroll. Please stop complaining that it's not fair - it's as fair as it can be while still being a challenge and a game.

I think we should get something?

Why is the cave down?

I need to check on my dragons before i go to bed.

- It is insanely unlikely that you will get anything other than the chance at an '11 egg, so don't ask.

- The cave is down because it's been flooded with too many people. Or a dragon ate it. We don't know.

- A lot of us would like to do that, but we can't.

Repeating the same post in increasingly large text is extremely irritating, and will likely get the mods on you for spamming.

i can see that its not just me that has the problem i just wondered is it just in scotland you cant get the new eggs for some reason as i said earlier i have waited for three days at a time for the new drops ect but i am in a diffrernt time zone i think to most of the world and it means thats the reason i cant get the new ones cos they arent relised over here

They are released in the UK at the same time as everywhere else. For us, that's... 8am, I think. I did manage to snag one before the site died, so it's nothing to do with timezones.

I'm not too worried since they drop for a few days. I'm not even going to try right now. Late tonight when I am home things should have worked themselves out.

BTW... love the egg. I do hope it is a "Rose dragon" which would be an awesome one for Valentine's.

Ohhh boy. I haven't gotten any of the '11 eggs yet, but at the top of last hour was able to see and click at a "working" right-side egg. Cave's totally down now, all we can do is wait. blink.gif

If the downtime goes on for over 6 hours, think we can have a chance at the V-Day eggs tomorrow night too? It would be a real shame to miss these, they look so lovely.

also, there is no difference in the cave no matter where in the world you are. you may be in Scotland, but you would be seeing the exact same thing as a person in the US, or China, or Australia. so the eggs are dropping for you, too.

the cave is just down.

Not at all.

I'm in Scotland too and I managed to snag the eggs at the 8:00 a.m. drop here. And the new eggs always drop here. They tend to drop on the hour for a few minutes and get grabbed very quickly. And also three (I believe) eggs drop every five minutes.

So rest assured they do drop all over the world, the site isn't set to only drop in one particular area.

But what confuses me more is: Why make three different sprites, when people can only get one each? Maybe because I'm myself a sprite collector it seems ... pointless. From other points of views it might make better sense, perhaps.

As for the Sweetling incident, again, people were given an alternate sprite if they lost their first egg. I understand and appreciate the intention to do something nice, but again from a collectors point of view, it didn't really make sense. Apart from the fact that I didn't like the looks of the Alt Sprite (be that as it may, that was my personal matter of taste), again it means that I'm cut off from having the regular sprite. If Alt Sweetling had counted as a separate species, maing Alt Sweetling eggs and allowing me to collect regular Sweetling eggs this year, I would have felt I actually got something out of it ...

I never actually knew why TJ released the three colours. I always just assumed it was like an "extra surprise". I love to collect sprites, though I'm resigned to never having a few of them (Holly. Neglected. Those damn Pumpkins!) but it really didn't bother me much. I did think my names would have suited the white/gold Snow Angel better, but there you go.

The alt Sweetling made sense to me, but probably because I viewed it as an apology. After all, these people got on, caught their Valentines and then when they checked, lo and behold, they're on someone else's scroll. That's got to make you upset/angry/annoyed, and I can totally understand why they were given a special colour to apologise. What annoyed me was people complaining that they couldn't have one of the "alts" because they "weren't lucky enough to lose their first". If I'd been the one whose Valentine vanished for no reason, I wouldn't have been feeling lucky at all. And more ungrateful were the people who then turned around and called the sprites - whether regular or alt - ugly and went on and on about how much they wanted the other one. Spriters shouldn't have to come to a board and see people bashing their work, particularly when they gave permission for a certain colour to be used as an apology.

(I understand your point. And I honestly wouldn't call you 'ungrateful' for it. Some people will want to collect everything, because it's fun. It's how you phrase what you say about collecting those things that's more important, and the people who complained or bashed sprites, whatever the reason, are just not cool.)

I can't even see TJ's eggs. They are not posted in the first post of this topic. *waiting in anticipation* Please fix soon! >_<

Have anyone one of the new eggs?

(Have the Lagmonster eat them all up??!!)

Yes, some of us were able to get some new eggs, before the lag / down started .

The site is just down, because of an error, I think and as soon as TJ has time to fix it, he will ... that's what I'm thinking ^^ .

TJ is not unfair, he has no favourites in this kind of Holiday Releases .

He did a pretty nice thing, when the lag on Halloween '10 took place, where he added 6 egg rows, so nearly everyone was able to get eggs after the lag(s) smile.gif .

TJ please fix the site, we can't wait to see the valentines day dragons D:

Whew! I'm glad I caught mine early! I got both mine in the first hour of the release.

Good luck to everyone else! I hope the site comes back soon!

>.< that was probably the most insane thing I've ever seen.

all 1090 of us killed the cave T.T

but hey,

I GOT ONE!!!!