TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

I WANT TO CHECK UP ON MY DRAGONS NOW! I MEAN IT mad.gif  mad.gif

SO HURRY UP> mad.gif  mad.gif[/size]

if it bothers you that much go and help with the hardware rather then troll about >.>

we're all suffering our daily dragons fix withdraws so please stop yelling

Edited by KidaYuki

I WANT TO CHECK UP ON MY DRAGONS NOW! I MEAN IT mad.gifmad.gif

SO HURRY UP> mad.gifmad.gif

Hey, what's the matter? The site is down for hardware upgrade. It means a better and faster Dragon Cave. I prefer a downtime of a day or two rather than a eternal lagging cave.

So, don't be rude, and stop screaming ok? Thanks.

Hopefully it will be back up at some point tomorrow. *sigh* I guess it's still possible that it could come back in the next couple of hours but since TJ needs sleep and I'm sure has school to worry about I think my dragons will just have to wait until tomorrow to see me.

I WANT TO CHECK UP ON MY DRAGONS NOW! I MEAN IT mad.gifmad.gif

SO HURRY UP> mad.gifmad.gif

How rude. blink.gif

Came back from playing Poker with some soldiers to find the cave is still down. Hope everything is going alright sad.gif

It'll be back eventually, and I look forward to experiencing what new stuff might be there, even if it's something as simple as a faster loading time. tongue.gif

I WANT TO CHECK UP ON MY DRAGONS NOW! I MEAN IT mad.gif  mad.gif

SO HURRY UP> mad.gif  mad.gif

Please don't take your anger out on TJ. He's doing the best he can at the moment. Your dragons will be fine once the site is back up, so no need to worry.

Edited by fireball225

Maybe the hardware upgrades are to help when we get the changes to the cave. Downtown helps us know that we love/use DC sooo much! tongue.gif

I just really want to check on my dragons mad.gif

I just got back from work. smile.gif

I all ways check on them as soon as i get back from work. mad.gif

Here is a Strom we i am and if the power got off i wont be able to get on. mad.gif

It should be up be now. mad.gif

It been down sine 9:00am my time and it is still down. mad.gif

So please hurry up. mad.gif

Please stop being rude ..... TJ is working on the site and you should be happy, that he has given us the reason .

You should be thankful, that you even don't have to pay for anything on the site, so just stay calm o.O .

Actually, there's no "should". TJ never said when it would be back up. :]

So simmer down before someone comes after you with the banhammer.

Please leave the modding to the mods and be patient with us. We don't have a time when the cave will be back up, but I'm sure it will be back up at some point and your dragons will be compensated for the time you lost during this downtime.

Thanks. <3

Dixie- There is no set time, TJ is doing the best he can. Just wait, and be patient. Your dragons will be fine, and pestering never helped anybody. The reward for your patience will be a faster, better and maybe even updated Cave. Whatever TJ is doing obviously requires a fair amount of coding and installing, and he does have a life outside of DC- Like university, a social life, eating, sleeping and a lot more, as we all do. So just sit tight like the rest of us and give TJ as much time as he needs. :3

Edit- ninja.gif'd by Sock. o3o

Edited by Cheshire

Okay, knock off the drama.

The cave will be back as soon as possible.

Your eggs/hatchlings will get credited time if necessary, take the chat to pm. Forum rules do apply to this topic.

Edited by _Z_

i miss my babies  sad.gif

Me too :3

But I'm sure that DC will back quckly!! smile.gif

Edited by -Rinikka-

At least it's given me a chance to do some extra housework, although as the kids started back to school today after their summer holidays, I was hoping for some (guilt free) DC time!

Edit: _Z_, every time I see your name I automatically assume the topic has been locked laugh.gif

Edited by Aussiemum

Still not up.

Ah, but that's okay. I'm very patient and don't really have anything I'm expecting right now.

It's like 2am EST right now. So I'll bet TJ is sleeping. xd.png

Just my guess.

Now I go back to Magistream, even though it's slow there.

Edit: I made Chocolate Chip cookies tonight. *shares* Lets all sit around an munch on these yummy cookies while we wait.

Edited by GoldenPhoenix

do we know if its just mantanance(sp?) or if this is a precurser for some new items, like Biomes?

Am I the only one hoping for no time compensation? I mean, it's nice for egg death prevention, but I love faster hatch/gender/mature times biggrin.gif

Downtime for me means a nice surprise if all my eggs hatched & my hatchlings gendered... it's like getting something for not having to do anything at all. Kind of like sending kids to boarding school or boot camp or Mary Poppins.

DC will most likely be unavailable later today due to new hardware installation.

Reminder:

Am I the only one hoping for no time compensation?

Nope. I am also. Most of my hatchlings should/would be grown up by now so I hope they don't get time added so I have to wait longer.

Hopefully only eggs with like 1-2 Days left get some time added, or extreme ER's that would have died by now.

Well, it has been down for over 13 hours straight. That means either very serious problems (which TJ didn't talk about in his first post) or great enhancements (and I'm not necessarily talking about the new features). Maybe they are working on the cave lag. In the second case, we should be happy it takes them so long, because longer time means more updates to me.

And if there really is a problem with the cave I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

So, just be contended there is someone out there doing something that will eventually help you smile.gif

Am I the only one hoping for no time compensation?

I will be soo annoyed if all of my eggs/hatchlings gain the hours we've been down - I have a system, gosh darn it, and I don't want to be off-kilter.

Stopping the progression of time for eggs or hatchlings that would otherwise die is one thing, throwing off everybody's schedules is quite another.

Edit: Oh, I will be even more annoyed if this affects breeding/action timers.

Edited by tiktokism

No reason to get upset before it has happened.

Content of the average drama post in this thread:

Either

A.) Blah blah blah miss dragons blah blah bawwww, how will I ever live without my pixel dragons for multiple days blah blah baww.

OR

B.) Baww, how dare people rush TJ, blah blah blah he's mah heero Imma marry him some day blah blah baww blah.

Wow. I can really see why people are getting worked up. That's truly a cause worthy of getting upset over.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the site back up. I hope everything goes off without a hitch.