TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Eruru- You didn't honestly expect a thread like this without Drama Llamas? |D

I'm just whiling away the time wondering what's happening while it's down. :3 I'd love to see a feature or two added, but I'll be content with whatever TJ's doing.

Yes it is annoying not to get at your dragons! and yes the cave has been down for hours! so now that you have time to waste moaning that you can't access your babies why don't you find something better to do on the site instead, Once TJ gets things sorted and it is a few days after the event!.. all this will be forgotten and there will be nothing but praise for what he has done I am so looking forward to the improvements I am prepared to wait patiently for it to come back...

Just remember that before the cave came into your lives that you did quite well with out it and you survived...So please show some patients and just enjoy the fact the the forums are still up and running to give you something to keep you occupied..

Ok I am off my soap box now laugh.gif

Meh. I wanna try to breed some dragons but they aren't gonna be available for a few days anyway. As long as TJ doesn't add time on to THAT I have no issues. laugh.gif

Content of the average drama post in this thread:

Either

A.) Blah blah blah miss dragons blah blah bawwww, how will I ever live without my pixel dragons for multiple days blah blah baww.

OR

B.) Baww, how dare people rush TJ, blah blah blah he's mah heero Imma marry him some day blah blah baww blah.

Wow. I can really see why people are getting worked up. That's truly a cause worthy of getting upset over.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the site back up. I hope everything goes off without a hitch.

ahaha! you made me laugh biggrin.gif

I wonder will my Magma grow up during the time the cave is down unsure.gif I don't remember how much time it has left. on the one hand - I'm all for faster growing that means I'll be unlocked, on the other - it's a CB Magma and I wanted to trade it xd.png

Content of the average drama post in this thread:

Either

A.) Blah blah blah miss dragons blah blah bawwww, how will I ever live without my pixel dragons for multiple days blah blah baww.

OR

B.) Baww, how dare people rush TJ, blah blah blah he's mah heero Imma marry him some day blah blah baww blah.

Wow. I can really see why people are getting worked up. That's truly a cause worthy of getting upset over.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the site back up. I hope everything goes off without a hitch.

Oh you are so funny that's why I'll kill you last.

JK xd.png

But yeah, I am curious and not a patient man xd.png but I hope people are to wait without going crazy.

ohmy.gif OMG I have never seen so many drama queens in one place before *get a grip* laugh.gif

I will be soo annoyed if all of my eggs/hatchlings gain the hours we've been down - I have a system, gosh darn it, and I don't want to be off-kilter.

Stopping the progression of time for eggs or hatchlings that would otherwise die is one thing, throwing off everybody's schedules is quite another.

Edit: Oh, I will be even more annoyed if this affects breeding/action timers.

why are people getting annoyed at a new hardware installation? the fact that it's happening means that the site's getting better .-. just because YOU have a system doesn't mean anything. stop being so selfish :|

And I believe, only those Hatchies and Eggs who would have run out of time and died, get the time back, but those who hatched normally...

After all, one of my dragons hatches now, and the other hatchie grows up soon, I wouldn't find it that good to have the timer for MY dragons stopped.

I don't mind that the installation takes long. If it's something big, and it'll make the cave better, then I'm totally fine with it.

^ This ^ , completely.

I'm just hoping the long downtime doesn't mean there's trouble with the new hardware, I hope everything runs smoothly for TJ's sake.

Thanks for the post TJ.

And for all those drama queens/kings, just remember.

TJ provides us with hours upon hours of entertainment, for FREE. You don't have to pay a thing to enjoy the site, to sit and demand is totally outrageous and no one has a right to do that. Just enjoy the site, and that he cares enough to upgrade.

Wow, Pixel dragons to collect and immense Comedy to go with it! biggrin.gif Haha, now I know why I signed up! tongue.gif

Wow, it's still down? Thought it'd be back by the time I woke up. Hope there's not problems causing delay or anything.

Still not finished, eh? Darn, that split I hadn't gotten a chance to influence is gonna be female, I know it. Nice code, too, but the name I had for it won't fit a her. dry.gif

Oh, well. Easy come, easy go. It's for the good of all DC after all. rolleyes.gif

*waits for DC to come back up* Off to school with me then.

xd.pngD Good thing it's a busy CNY this year! I didn't even notice that DC was down until now.

Hope the updates and all go smoothly!

Can't wait for the site to be back. ^___^

I want to check on my babies. I had a silver egg about to hatch among them.

Ooh, the site is still down! I wasn't expecting this, a lot of hours have already passed. I hope that there isn't a problem.

I'm curious when it is going to come back. Guess I will have to wait and check after work tonight. At least I am confident that even without time added all my dragons are still safe.

The site has been down for a while. I hope everything is going okay. (:

TJ replaces the time lost to your eggs and hatchlings during maintenance, so they'll be in the exact same state that you left them in.