TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Ooo, good point and wouldn't the limit increase be wonderful if it came just in time for Valentine's Day? No doubt everything else coupled with the holiday would cause mass confusion but then holidays cause that already so what's a little more? laugh.gif

I was thinking that the fertility BSA would be a good thing for Valentine's Day, especially considering what difficulties we had last year with the 2009 Valentine dragons not really reproducing as was expected.

But in the meantime...

user posted image Aiiie! I can't check on my dragons! user posted image

Sorry...dragon withdrawal. I'll behave now. xd.png

Thanks for the info smile.gif I was kinda worried 'cause I have a thunder baby and a silver baby that need to be put in an ER...I'm really excited to see if we get biomes and a limit increase biggrin.gif

I might get slapped for being off topic, but it is somewhat related, as DC is known for both scheduled Downtime, like this, but also surprise Downtime, like when the infamous Lagmonster was born.

If you're not sure if DC is down because of an internal problem or if it's just your computer, a great site to check out is Down For Everyone or is it Just Me? I discovered it through the xkcd forums! No more wondering if my computer is glitching out the Cave for me!

I don't think we'll be getting any new features from this...

_Z_ herself stated that TJ usually tells us before new features are implemented. smile.gif

It would, nonetheless, be a nice surprise.

Heading towards three months since the first announcement of the new features.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as this is most likely just going to be the hardware update but with so many exciting new features still to be implemented it's hard not to hope that at least one or two would come up.

exactly. and even though tj has posted it as "downtime" he is kinda notorious for keeping things close to the vest and surprising all of us!!! laugh.gif

You know, I should probably check the forums more often for this kind of stuff...

It's down right now... And I was hoping to snag some more eggs, as 2 of mine grew up and made room. *wonders what will be found once DC is back up* It's not likely there will be any new eggs, it's too close to Valentine's Day.

I don't think he's going to put new features in quit yet...I think it would be too soon.

Why am I suddenly afraid? >__<

There's nothing to be afraid of!

Or is there!?

~Spam Removed~]Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN![/url]

Edited by _Z_

There's nothing to be afraid of!

Or is there!?

~Spam Removed~]Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN![/url]

If we could give karma, you madam would be inundated in it. xP

Edited by _Z_

I don't think he's going to put new features in quit yet...I think it would be too soon.

why too soon? he first annoucned them 3 months ago.

I hope the site comes back up though, I want to check on my black hatchie, it's a checker board even gen with gold in it

I think for the DC it would be good when we get some big changes, we all waited long and some "older" people don`t have much to do at the DC (they have all the dragons they wanted,...).

Thanks. I thought it was down forever or something.

Just one thing. Are our dragons saved? Just because I have an Ochredrake about to hatch, and want to see it grow up.

oh good. i need to start checking this a lot more. i hope hes putting in the biomes or new egg limits.

Thanks. I thought it was down forever or something.

Just one thing. Are our dragons saved? Just because I have an Ochredrake about to hatch, and want to see it grow up.

Well, only ER eggs/hatchies have time added back to them, as far as I know. It'll probably be hatched by the time the site gets back up.

Btw, you should probably delete one of those double posts. >w>

Yikes, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw DC was down... Glad to hear it was a planned downtime!

Wishing TJ luck with the installing of new hardware - I know that can be a pain.