TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Funny, but during St. Patrick's day lag, I was anxious to see the Cave working again, as most members in this thread are now. But currently, I don't worry about the downtime at all, just realized I didn't check my scroll after the site went down.

Probably, I'm more into Mystic Grove game and Forums than into actual DC right now.

He is good at telling us about downtime, and holliday breedings and stuff. He does occasionally suprise us with an update though. Several new releases, the new egg textures, and other updates have been completely unannounced.

I don't recall any new releases not being announced.

from internet if I use the dragcave address, I get nothing at all....google says down for all.....but if I use this direct to forums address, I can get in and find forums/pm/IRC are working. I know I am computer illiterate, but how come

this happens or is it really just me?

EDIT 2: It's taking quite a bit longer than anticipated (obviously). My host doesn't seem to have the same sense of urgency that I have, and there's not much I can do about that.

Well that sucks. *Smacks host with fish*

Thanks for the update-update, TJ. smile.gif

Edited by Kanakha

The Forums, etc aren't hosted the same server as the main site.

Hope things get back to normal soon TJ. How long did the host anticipate the maintenance would take?

Thanks for the update TJ.

Shall we get the tar and feathers for your host? Boiling oil, perhaps?

EDIT 2: It's taking quite a bit longer than anticipated (obviously). My host doesn't seem to have the same sense of urgency that I have, and there's not much I can do about that.

Thanks for the update, TJ.

It's a shame your host doesn't understand the necessity of dragons in our lives *snicker*

*Sigh*

Withdrawal is not a pretty thing! wink.gif

Sorry the host does not understand that. Oh well, thanks for letting us know.

Best wishes to the installations and whatever else going smoothly. If they're this slow with the installation, I'd prefer to not know how slow they'd be with solving a problem, if one should arise.

I don't recall any new releases not being announced.

But they've been announced when they happen, not in advance, right?

I don't think a surprise implementation of features would be impossible - besides, telling us if there were going to be features added just would have made people more impatient for downtime to be over, lol.

Thanks for doing your best for us TJ, you'll get there. smile.gif

I'm having a mental image of about 100 DC's armed with pitchforks and torches gathered around the bedroom window of the siteadmin, growling. Sort of like an old Frankenstein movie.

The main problem with DC downtime is just that although the clock is stopped during downtime, it might happen that the downtime ends at a time people aren't checking for the cave coming back up that often any more. So eggs might hatch, and then the hatchlings get sick - even if everything else is in a relatively safe state.

One of the new features some people have requested - not one of the ones that may be coming soon - was some way to put scrolls in some kind of a sleep state for going on vacation. If something like that is added someday, it could be used to completely eliminate the risk of eggs or hatchlings dying as the result of an outage.

Then, no one would really have to worry at all, except for not having DC around to play, if there was extended downtime.

I'm having a mental image of about 100 DC's armed with pitchforks and torches gathered around the bedroom window of the siteadmin, growling. Sort of like an old Frankenstein movie.

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows that a good mob starts with about 300 people.

P.S. Thanks for the update. May the fearsome and persnickety gods of Technology be kind to your host, TJ.

Thanks for the update, TJ. smile.gif

On a happy note, we still have the forums to enjoy. I spend a lot of time just playing games, etc.

Thanks TJ for the update. We WILL survive! ....now I may have to do more things around the house that have been waiting....or maybe not laugh.gif !!

Thank you for the update TJ.

Reminder: Members when you post telling members, "Not to post sounding like a mod". You are mini-modding also.

Use the report tool and leave the modding to the mods.

Well,

I saved my tabs on my computer when i shut it off last night. When I turned on my comp. and the internet came up it went to my scroll and my eggs had a lot of views/unique views, which helps me a lot, but i don't know about others. So I thought YAY! it's back up, but upon reloading it, well let's just say it didn't reload.

thanks for the update, TJ!

it's evening at my place and I hope very-very much that DC will be on before I go to sleep smile.gif otherwise I will not be able to fall asleep at all xd.png