TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Can our hatchlings/eggs get views when TJ is fixing the cave?

Can our hatchlings/eggs get views when TJ is fixing the cave?

I really do not think so. If you look at a fansite, nothing loads.

Now i'm worried, because I had incubated my eggs because they were getting a lot of view/unique views. but now i feel like i needed the extra day i lost......

I'm sure TJ will compensate for the downtime. He has in the past.

TJ has added time to all the eggs for downtimes much shorter than this, so just hang in there and your babies will probably be fine. As far as I'm concerned, the more time he takes making sure everything is right, the better the site will be for all of us. If there are problems, TJ will make it right. That's one point where I think everyone can agree.

Certainly agree, dragongrrl. Well, since nothing's going on, I think I'll call it a night. See y'all (and hopefully the cave) tomorrow.

I really wonder what "hardware installations" TJ means. Hmmmmm....... huh.gif

He mentioned server upgrades in the donation thread. Probably just things like more room and whatnot so the cave can run faster and smoother. :3

He mentioned server upgrades in the donation thread. Probably just things like more room and whatnot so the cave can run faster and smoother. :3

If downtime means a faster cave, no complaining from me. And anything that helps keep the site up works good in my opimion.

i never quite realized how much i love the cave until now. i check it every day, and sometimes spenf hours on it. if it means a faster cave, then WHOOPEE!

Well, the Cave working faster sounds perfect cool.gif

...I'm going through withdrawl.

It's weird how much you can miss staring at eggs for hours on end when they do nothing but crack here and there.

wow still down?

here's hoping it will be up and fine when I awake in the morning

nite everyone

and although he didn't say new features

I really hope he surprises us LOL

gonna scroll back a bit to see if TJ popped in with an update to time it will be down/back wink.gif

As said earlier in this thread, don't get excited about new features. TJ is good about announcing what he's planning and when he's planning. As he said nothing about new features, I don't expect any. :3

I just bred an egg the day before the downtime... I hope it is ok. sad.gif

It'll probably be okay. TJ has in the past added time back onto eggs and hatchlings affected by the downtime so they don't die. It's not your fault you couldn't get them views happy.gif

eh. just woke up and it's still down. I'm missing my dragons so much xd.png

in my dream I saw that the Prize dragons were distributed and that we had a new release of commons in the cave xd.png I'm DC-crazy biggrin.gif

i never quite realized how much i love the cave until now. i check it every day, and sometimes spenf hours on it. if it means a faster cave, then WHOOPEE!

I am with you on that one, though now I realize how much I check my scroll...I haven't been able to all day and its getting weird. I think I am showing withdrawal symptoms.

As long as this doesn't result in another attack from the data monster, I'm okay with this much down time. I'm just nick fitting for my dragons... which is sad.... they are just drawings on a scroll.