TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

Hmm hopefully its up by tomorrow, I'm leaving for the weekend and won't be able to take care of my eggs/hatchlings for the whole weekend. But in any case, thanks for the heads up! (Plots to try finding wifi for my ipod while I'm gone so I can feed my addiction.)

DC withdrawals...taking effect...immediately...

DX I know its down so TJ can make it even better, but I can't wait to have it up. Lol ><

I'm so grateful for the forum so I don't fret unduly about not being able to access my scroll. Whew! I did see the message about upcoming downtime but it's been down for something like six hours now, which is unusual for DC. I'm sure it will be back up by tomorrow though, so I'll relax and do something else.

Good luck everyone with your ongoing projects!

Hmm hopefully its up by tomorrow, I'm leaving for the weekend and won't be able to take care of my eggs/hatchlings for the whole weekend. But in any case, thanks for the heads up! (Plots to try finding wifi for my ipod while I'm gone so I can feed my addiction.)

FYI... wifi can be found in just about any McD's.... have used it all over the US and in many different countries smile.gif

I'm doing amazingly well without DC to keep me occupied. I didn't even realize that it had been seven hours until I looked at the clock and remembered when the downtime started. blink.gif

Must be some srs hardware being installed there.

Edited by AngelKitty

FYI... wifi can be found in just about any McD's.... have used it all over the US and in many different countries smile.gif

Thanks for the tip! I know exactly where to find a McD's in the city I'm going to, and its not too far away from where I'll be staying. Yay! xd.png

I am suffering from DC withdrawal and I haven't even been playing that long. I need to clear my scroll for v-day!

i wonder if this is going to affect our egg time and hatchi times, i remember when we have had downtimes before that it showed me the same time left as when the downtime started.

i wonder if this is going to affect our egg time and hatchi times, i remember when we have had downtimes before that it showed me the same time left as when the downtime started.

I really hope that time is only frozen for ER hatchies and eggs because I had two dragons planned to be grown by midnight so my scroll would unlock. Not really a big deal but was looking forward to hunting a little more before Valentine scroll clearing.

I'd like to see the site back up soon so I can see if that Whiptail egg is still sitting in the cave =) I think I might just adopt the fellow if it is-- deserves a good home after being in limbo for hours.

Funny thought: What does the cave look like during downtime? I kind of imagine it being completely dark and all the dragons stumbling around eachother while TJ the knight sneaks in and pokes at the back of the Cave with some high-tech stuff. >w>

I really hope that time is only frozen for ER hatchies and eggs because I had two dragons planned to be grown by midnight so my scroll would unlock. Not really a big deal but was looking forward to hunting a little more before Valentine scroll clearing.

it depends on how long the site is down as to what gets frozen time and what doesn't. If it's only a few hours, then usually just low time eggs/hatchies get their lost time back.

Look at all those people, just waiting. Just hiding in the thread, hoping to see the latest. >w>

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Meh, no withdrawls here, but I do want to check my scroll. I forgot how to a neglected. Anyone know?

-waits for downtime to finish-

it depends on how long the site is down as to what gets frozen time and what doesn't.  If it's only a few hours, then usually just low time eggs/hatchies get their lost time back.

*sigh* Well I think we've hit the nine hour mark now so I guess my little guys are going to be off their schedule but better that then to have others with low times kick the bucket.

Edited by Sir Barton

*headdesK*

this is sooo throwing off my every other day hatching and growing up rhythm. just when i got my hatchlings from growing up late in the evening and leaving me to wait all day.

Obviously, if someone is aiming for a neglected, unless they are continuously monitoring the cave when it is down, based on how close the egg was to its time when the cave went down, there is a very real risk of the egg hitting its time before they come back.

Even with time being stopped during the downtime, the main risk for ordinary Dragon Cave participants is that their eggs will hatch, and they won't return to the cave quickly enough to hide the young hatchlings before they become sick, once they're exposed to views again.

Eggs actually running out of time, under the 7-day limit, presumably is a much less serious problem for most people, but there may be some who do have a hard time getting enough views and often have to use fan sites at the last minute, so this may be a problem if the timing is bad.

Funny thought: What does the cave look like during downtime? I kind of imagine it being completely dark and all the dragons stumbling around each other while TJ the knight sneaks in and pokes at the back of the Cave with some high-tech stuff. >w>

Nah, the dragons are just sitting around small fires, playing cards or maybe roasting marshmallows & telling ghost stories.

Except for that one dragon who is completely losing it because their laptop battery is dying.

Umm well in that case, what would it look like regularly? (i mean besides the way TJ describes it to be lol)

Funny thought: What does the cave look like during downtime? I kind of imagine it being completely dark and all the dragons stumbling around eachother while TJ the knight sneaks in and pokes at the back of the Cave with some high-tech stuff. >w>

Lulz.

Hope the site is back up in a few hours. Mah hatchlingz need their daddy D:

I feel for my friend who had an ND experiment to do today. I think it died. Question: Will TJ do anything to save these that ran out of time? Or does time just not pass when the cave is down? (If you think about it, that would make some sense x3)

I know he usually does something, like add a day, but I'm just wondering. *yawns*