TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

I have DC on the brain. I was dreaming that the sweetlings were bred and I had one that was second gen, but I got pissed because the other one was badly lineaged and inbred.

Hey TJ (or any informed) mods when will the site be back? It's been asked countless times, or is this like the time a squirel got into the wiring at TJ's host for DC ?

Hey TJ (or any informed) mods when will the site be back? It's been asked countless times, or is this like the time a squirel got into the wiring at TJ's host for DC ?

I just thought I'd just copy this because I wouldn't want to read through dozens of pages. biggrin.gif

We don't have a time when the cave will be back up, but I'm sure it will be back up at some point and your dragons will be compensated for the time you lost during this downtime.

Thanks. <3

I just thought I'd just copy this because I wouldn't want to read through dozens of pages. biggrin.gif

ehh that works too.

Thanks for answering the question I didn't feel like it either.

I hope the updates/hardware make the site work better. and aren't just required by the hoster.

Oh dear.

People, this downtime is nothing compared to the giant lag of St Patrick's day in March 2009. Which was without warning in advance and lasted about a week if I'm not mistaken.

So try to relax and see what happens. There's nothing we can do anyway.

Indeed there isn't. I just hope nothing HAS actually gone wrong.... *thinks about (assumed) Valentine drop....*

I'm quite excited what is new after the updates. But they take very long now, right? I mean, some updates took about 1 hour.

Am I the only one hoping for no time compensation? I mean, it's nice for egg death prevention, but I love faster hatch/gender/mature times biggrin.gif

Downtime for me means a nice surprise if all my eggs hatched & my hatchlings gendered... it's like getting something for not having to do anything at all. Kind of like sending kids to boarding school or boot camp or Mary Poppins.

I hope for no time unless I have an egg about to die

I have 2 'reminds you of the sea'

which will be my last 2 of 6 so tha goal is done

I don't know when they were due to die, just know it was getting close for me to add them to hatcheries (I do that around 4 days left). I think they will be fine, but would much rather ER them than have them still be at 3/4 days when it returns wink.gif

had babies that were just waiting on the 3 day 23 hour mark to hatch (had big holes) and to mature into dragons (more than enough views) so for sure I'd like them to continue on and not be stuck at that time biggrin.gif

Am I the only one hoping for no time compensation? I mean, it's nice for egg death prevention, but I love faster hatch/gender/mature times 

Well, I hope that too

when the site went down I had one just ER hatchling and most other eggs/hatchies with 4-5 days left, and if they don't gain time when the site goes up again they are probably going to hatch/mature very soon and I'll be incredibily unlocked tongue.gif

I hope we get the 'moar eggs' feature. :B I wanna go hunting later.

edit for grammar fail.

Edited by earthgirl

I hope we get the 'moar eggs' feature. :B I wanna go hunting later.

edit for grammar fail.

Reminder.

HARDWARE upgrade.

There has been NO announcement about the added features, and as _z_ has said repeatedly - TJ lets us KNOW when features are going to be added !

Reminder.

HARDWARE upgrade.

There has been NO announcement about the added features, and as _z_ has said repeatedly - TJ lets us KNOW when features are going to be added !

she said "hope." who knows? perhaps he'll throw in a little surprise. no need to sound like a mod :|

OT: when did the upgrade actually start? o-O;

Well, he did say a while ago that new features will be added soon. ^^

really hope its the new egg limmits. I'm locked with a CB Sunrise and Nocturn and I really want to frezze the Sunrise when it hatchies and the Nocturn at stage 2. I really miss my babies ((plus hubby is wondering about his as well)) and hopes the cave comes back soon.

WB

Reminder.

HARDWARE upgrade.

no need to sound like a mod, please leave that to the mods :|

In 3 hours, the whole installation already lasts 24 hours.

But well, I don't mind if my dragons are still alive til then.

I realized the hatcheries stopped as well, so probably the timers stopped.

At least it's given me a chance to do some extra housework, although as the kids started back to school today after their summer holidays, I was hoping for some (guilt free) DC time!

Edit: _Z_, every time I see your name I automatically assume the topic has been locked laugh.gif

*snickers* I have to agree. I thought the same thing when I saw Z's name (happy.gif My niece is nicknamed "Z" *hugs*). I was wondering who was being insubordinate and got the thread closed.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Wow the Cave is STILL down??? Someone go help TJ with the wrenches and hammers and other hardware!

:< i hope it doesnt take much longer.... i needs to check my babies and i cant.... must be some hardcore hardware

edit:

lol never knew a squirrel got into the host for DC thats funny.

Edited by MoonlitSnowWolf

He is good at telling us about downtime, and holliday breedings and stuff. He does occasionally suprise us with an update though. Several new releases, the new egg textures, and other updates have been completely unannounced.

Meh, I'll live. Glad I'm in a safe scroll lock right now. Seriously maxed out though.

I don't think we'll have features added guys. Not to be a pestimist, but I should think if TJ intended on adding features at the same time as he was upgrading hardware, he would tell us to get us ampted up or brighten the time the site's down a little. Granted he could always surprise us, but I don't really think so.

BAWWWWWWW *headdesk*

I had only a vague idea of how addicted I was to DC until this installation. xd.png