TJ09

2011-02-02 - Site Downtime

*In the meantime, prays the God of Rapidity to send a lightning to the technicals for haste them*

Seems that he heard my prayers! xd.png

Sooo.. the "Database Error" is related to that and my dragons are NOT all gone? It's just because TJ is awesome and everything's gonna be even greater? Phewwww good to know ^^ for a moment I was really shocked x'D

Database error. Database will hopefully be back soon so i can see what my pixel babehs are doing. ^__^

It's relieving to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this "Database Error" problem. I can't see a single egg in the cave nor abandoned ones. I can't see my scroll either. Hope to see my scroll with all my darlings soon. ):>

Ah, so others have already noted that Dragon Cave at least has its web hosting back, so that the page background displays, but the underlying database is still not available - so all one sees is the background, the title, and an error message.

It's a step. It may still be a few hours before the cave is available again, but it's a positive sign. I wish TJ every success, and I thank him for his efforts on our behalf.

Ah, so others have already noted that Dragon Cave at least has its web hosting back, so that the page background displays, but the underlying database is still not available - so all one sees is the background, the title, and an error message.

It's a step. It may still be a few hours before the cave is available again, but it's a positive sign. I wish TJ every success, and I thank him for his efforts on our behalf.

Oh praise be. First I thought it was me, then I tried my mates' scrolls and then I came here ! Yay TJ. It's HAPPENING!

Sooo.. the "Database Error" is related to that and my dragons are NOT all gone? It's just because TJ is awesome and everything's gonna be even greater? Phewwww good to know ^^ for a moment I was really shocked x'D

TJ regularly backs up the database of dragons in duplicate; there is little need to fear for your dragons' continued integrity smile.gif

I was like "DC is back up!" then he was like "lol no scroll for you" so now I'm all DX.

Nah, the dragons are just sitting around small fires, playing cards or maybe roasting marshmallows & telling ghost stories.

Except for that one dragon who is completely losing it because their laptop battery is dying.

Cute but I like the dark cave with TJ at the back working on some high-tech gadget ... (lol I have Star Trek type images of this)

.... now I realize how much I check my scroll...I haven't been able to all day and its getting weird. I think I am showing withdrawal symptoms.

Ditto blink.gif

As long as this doesn't result in another attack from the data monster, I'm okay with this much down time. I'm just nick fitting for my dragons... which is sad.... they are just drawings on a scroll.
Something like 2 weeks when it was so laggy that almost no one could access their scroll at all. Started on St Patrick's Day, but I can't remember when it finally ended. Seemed like forever!
ohmy.gif That is a scary thought

.... just remember.

TJ provides us with hours upon hours of entertainment, for FREE. You don't have to pay a thing to enjoy the site, to sit and demand is totally outrageous and no one has a right to do that. Just enjoy the site, and that he cares enough to upgrade.

biggrin.gif BRAVO!

We definitely (with an I, not an A) need to put ourselves in TJ's shoes... If everyone was getting mad and yelling at you, wouldn't you be tempted to just flip em off and walk away from the whole thing? Where would that leave us?????? Be nice!

Now that I sat here and read through 21 pages of this thread I guess I'll go get some breakfast. Hugs to all of you, TJ will reunite us with our babies asap.

Thank you TJ, for all of it...

Edited by Linda4atc

I had typed up a couple of descriptions in between the backup yesterday and the beginning of the update last night, I wonder if they'll still be there? I wonder was the backup a precaution in case something went wrong, or was it meant to be the re-starting point all along...?

At least the Cave loads again, even if nothing is accessable.

I hope my GoN hatchling is fine and I am looking forward to see if there is something new.

To everyone complaining about forgotten ER eggs and stuff: The maintenance was announced more than 24 hours before, couldn't you just have frozen/ERed or done whatever before instead of complaining now? I am sure everything will be fine. rolleyes.gif

Happy to see there is some progress!

Get up.

Turn on computer. Connect to internet. Pull up browser.

downforeveryoneorjustme.com says it's just me! YAAAYYY!!!

Cave loads, no eggs, no AP. Maintenance message is still there. Go to my scroll.

Error

Sorry, a database error has occurred blink.gif All my babies! Think. "In big friendly letters, DON'T PANIC!"

Check the forum. Six new pages of news. It's not just me. TJ is trying to give the Host a sense of urgency. Guess we'll just wait and see what happens. If TJ does need a mob to convince the Host to speed things up, I'm sure we can raise one pretty fast! If he doesn't need a mob, well, it will just take the time it takes.

(leaves massive platter full of warm, fresh baked cookies for all to share!)

Edited because I need my coffee.

Edited by dragongrrl

I can't get to my scroll yet,so I hope my eggs are doing ok

Haven't been to the forum lately,but i am back now and TJ you just ROCK!!!

Thank You

just curious, will we give given any extra time? or will it be like our eggs were on pause?

I'd cry if my first ever guardian of nature egg croaked due to site downtime

just curious, will we give given any extra time? or will it be like our eggs were on pause?

I'd cry if my first ever guardian of nature egg croaked due to site downtime

Its just a day, if it does die, tj can prbably reveive it for you.

Lol. The site is just mocking me, cant view scroll, no eggs...

And look, the wilderness is empty! http://dragcave.net/wilderness

It could be worse. Last time I was on a site that took itself down for an ungrade things went horribly wrong and they stayed down for about a week. They managed to recover MOST of the data...

*whistles innocently as she wanders off*

Thanks for the update TJ biggrin.gif

Too bad your host doesn't have the same urgency issues you do, they never do seem to understand these things do they? lol *shakes head, and smiles*

oww.

I can't see my scroll , the abandoned page and look , the wilderness page it's empty . o.o'!

I was like "DC is back up!" then he was like "lol no scroll for you" so now I'm all DX.

lol, owned by the DC xd.png

I have to say, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "Database Error" message. Good to know that nothing's wrong!

does anyone else have a screen shot still of the halloween thing when it said brb as the error message? I'm surpised that we haven't seen that again yet.

Either wayI hope dc is up again soon

OH whew...this just totally freaked me out...

Error Sorry, a database error has occurred

/blink in horror

/but now i can breathe again lol...

take your time hun do what needs to be done and i thank you for your hard work.