Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Are CB Silvers less valuable these days? I know they aren't on par with CB Golds, but they used to be like just below the Golds... Could I get a Dino for one, or a Chicken?

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are CB Silvers less valuable these days? I know they aren't on par with CB Golds, but they used to be like just below the Golds... Could I get a Dino for one, or a Chicken?

From what I can tell, CB Silvers are still a lot more valuable than any unbreedables. I agree that they do seem to have lost a bit of the value they used to have, though. I've noticed this particularly with the number some people have been offering in exchange for 2G prizes. Even though they're lower than CB Golds, they're still more valuable than anything else CB, as far as I can tell, including unbreedables. :)

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think you could get several Dinos or Chickens for a CB Silver. I've seen 2G Prizes go for 2 CB Silvers, if that offers any sort of "value" insight.

My question: how much is a 2G Metal with an uncommon mate worth? 

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

My question: how much is a 2G Metal with an uncommon mate worth? 

It might depend on the mate and what people are looking for to find mates for their own dragons. The 2G metals I've traded recently have been for 3-4 CB common hatchlings, if that helps. I think often having a common mate can be more desirable since it can be a hassle trying to breed metals from uber-commons. :P 

Is asking for a chicken AND a cheese fair for this hatchi? I don't think it is really worth it but I wanted a second opinion. I was browsing the trade function and they claim it has a good lineage, but its kinda blah when you really look at it to me

riiigggghhhhtttt.png

1 hour ago, FaeMyst said:

Is asking for a chicken AND a cheese fair for this hatchi? I don't think it is really worth it but I wanted a second opinion. I was browsing the trade function and they claim it has a good lineage, but its kinda blah when you really look at it to me

riiigggghhhhtttt.png

I'd say no (unless you are someone who isn't picky about lineages). It's easier to pop out avatars than it is to catch a chicken or a cheese, let alone both. 

2 hours ago, FaeMyst said:

riiigggghhhhtttt.png

A lot of people posting on the Trading Hub seem to not really understand the general worth of things, possibly because they never really traded until it became an in-game thing. I've seen a LOT of messy lineages and/or commons being posted asking for rares in return, hopefully those will become less common as people slowly learn the general worth of different things. 

3 hours ago, FaeMyst said:

riiigggghhhhtttt.png

I don't think so. Unbreedables don't usually go for lines like this, unless you're specifically looking for something messy. Holiday lines themselves are also don't usually go for much unless they contain an alt. Marie's comment about value in the Trading Hub seems pretty spot on.

Could I get a CB Blusang for a CB Zyumorph? Would it matter which color the Zyu is? If that wouldn't work, how about two CB Zyus? 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Could I get a CB Blusang for a CB Zyumorph? Would it matter which color the Zyu is? If that wouldn't work, how about two CB Zyus? 

I think that's fair! Certain Zyumorphs seem to be worth more (white and yellow), but Blusangs are relatively low tier when it comes to player driven value.

Would a 2nd gen Astrapi Xenowyrm be worth anything? What if I hatched it first?

2 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Would a 2nd gen Astrapi Xenowyrm be worth anything? What if I hatched it first?

It would possibly be better to hatch it first... I honestly haven't seen much want for bred Xenos, though I think Astrapis are on the more uncommon side of the Xenos so that may help. 

What are Unbreedables like in terms of trading among them? Like, is asking for a Dino from a Paper trade too unbalanced? (Also, what are Khusas like, are they more uncommon or common? Could I possibly get two messy Khusas for a Paper, or is that too much?)

Saw a really nice Silver Shimmer in the trading section, and made an offer for it. I was so excited when it showed up on my scroll a little while later: this baby.

I precogged it to make sure, and it's a female =[

The user who put this up took two CB Truffle eggs and two CB Pyrovar hatchies from me and sent a misgendered shimmer, does that seem pretty rude to anyone else? I assumed that people putting up trades were decent, and if they were sending a hatchie then it'd be precogged/influenced already. Was that too much to expect? I only have one new release adult because i've been happily trading the ones I had for other things, but this was really disappointing. I've never had luck in raffles but was always keen to pick up 3G+ shimmers in trades to continue the lineage, and now I have a hatchie I can't do anything with. I can't find the owner through the dragon's page or the trade, so I can't message them.

Anyway, tldr: traded 4 CB new releases for a misgendered 3G Shimmer hatchie from a lineage I really liked and wanted to continue. Is it wrong to be pretty upset about it?

Imo, yeah, you are overreacting. Not everyone cares about lineages or even looks at lineages, honestly. If you wanted the dragon specifically to continue the lineage you should've made sure it had been influenced correctly, by trying to PM them on the forums first or waiting for it to gender or whatever. It's not their responsibility to make sure an ungendered hatchling is going to gender to your preferences, especially if neither of you communicate anything regarding gender. Honestly, a lot of people would love a 3rd-gen Prize without caring at all about the lineage or how it genders, and that's probably what the trader was thinking. I very much doubt they did anything intentionally or maliciously, they most likely didn't even think about influencing for lineage or about the fact that someone might be disappointed if it gendered wrong. 

edit: I'm assuming by the way you worded your post that the trader didn't say anything about it's gender in the 'wants' text box. If they specifically said it would be a certain gender, and it's not, that's something else entirely. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Ughhh how I would love a function that would let you precog' the stuff in public trades!

I'd say you are perfectly justified to feel upset about it. That happened to me a few times and I was definitely not happy haha. Once even from trading with a forum member whom I would consider a reputable trader, so it's like...no one is safe. (Then again, you don't know if they just don't care about lineages, never bothered influencing, or if they got screwed first from somebody else trading that misgendered hatch to them and were passing it on as-is).

If you know the breeder and they bred the dragon themselves, you can PM and see if they'd offer a replacement. Other than that, I'd say it's not really worth it trying to go after the trader and "make them face the consequences" and whatnot. After all, you saw that the hatchling was ungendered before you offered (and nobody made you put an offer on that trade yada yada yada). It was a risk you took.

Try to stick to trading for eggs and gendered hatchies, and avoid trades with ungendered ones that make no mention of influence, if you feel like you would lose a lot if the dragon genders wrong.

If I want a specific sex, I ask for verification -  a screenie of the action log showing influence or precog result. If they didn't say it was male, you have nothing to complain about, and no. it wasn't rude. If they did - fair enough; you could always ask if they would breed another....

But to be upset - sure. My first EVER shimmer misgendered - I pinked the egg my own self and it still went wrong :(

https://dragcave.net/lineage/iJbJ2

I'm still upset abut that - but am working on a lineage like the one Laura-Lana suggested.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@HeatherMarie: Thanks for the different opinion. I’m used to influencing/precogging if I send hatchies, so I expected other people to do so, but that's not their fault!. However! Part of DC’s welcome message is about breeding, so I think it’s fair for people to put that kind of info in a trade message. It’s not hard to say “not precogged”, and I’ve seen it a lot! I also see a lot of Prize dragons in the Trading area now, so I don’t consider ‘lower’ generations to be as rare, but that's just me =0 But I defs don’t think what they did was intentionally malicious, I’m not trying to ‘out’ anyone or accuse people of something awful.

@Laura-Lana: Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve never seen a lineage pattern like that before =0 I’ll defs try it!

@Yhme: Thanks for the input, am going to stick to egg-only trades now ^.^’ I don’t know the breeder, but I don’t think it’s worth wasting their time over, and I defs aren’t trying to ‘make them face consequences’ x0 If I knew I would’ve just messaged them to ask about the background there.

@Fuzzbucket: Thanks for the advice! I’ve seen a lot of scroll names that were different to forum names, thought it’d be too much trouble to double-check at the time! My fault, will have to remember in the future. And I’m defs not trying to complain (or start a fight here!) Just wanted to see if I’m getting too into it. Sorry about your first misgendered shimmer! Even with the dimorphism, the Silver Shimmer/Moonstone looks really good! The lineage Laura-Lana suggested is a really good idea (wave?) and I’m excited to try it!

Appreciate all the feedback. I’m an all-over-the-place kind of person and tend to get emotionally caught up in things that don’t matter, and usually need to get a reality check. After finding out about the ‘wave’ lineage- no longer upset! V interested in trying it ❤️

2 hours ago, LittleBlueMoon said:

@HeatherMarie: Thanks for the different opinion. I’m used to influencing/precogging if I send hatchies, so I expected other people to do so, but that's not their fault!. However! Part of DC’s welcome message is about breeding, so I think it’s fair for people to put that kind of info in a trade message. It’s not hard to say “not precogged”, and I’ve seen it a lot! I also see a lot of Prize dragons in the Trading area now, so I don’t consider ‘lower’ generations to be as rare, but that's just me =0 But I defs don’t think what they did was intentionally malicious, I’m not trying to ‘out’ anyone or accuse people of something awful.

@Fuzzbucket: Thanks for the advice! I’ve seen a lot of scroll names that were different to forum names, thought it’d be too much trouble to double-check at the time! My fault, will have to remember in the future. And I’m defs not trying to complain (or start a fight here!) Just wanted to see if I’m getting too into it. Sorry about your first misgendered shimmer! Even with the dimorphism, the Silver Shimmer/Moonstone looks really good! The lineage Laura-Lana suggested is a really good idea (wave?) and I’m excited to try it!

Appreciate all the feedback. I’m an all-over-the-place kind of person and tend to get emotionally caught up in things that don’t matter, and usually need to get a reality check. After finding out about the ‘wave’ lineage- no longer upset! V interested in trying it ❤️

Don't feel bad. Whenever I remember about Elizabeth I get upset again... it was a BEAUTIFUL unexpected gift, and :(

But yes; wave lineages are fun. And one other small thing - at these times people often forget that influence doesn't hold up on an egg....

Do Blue Dino's have any value?  I don't normally collect them, and accidentally just caught one looking for something else.

When the cool down is up, I'd like to offer it on trade. Could I ask for a Truffle in exchange? I need just one more Truffle, to make a very lonely gal happy and they've eluded me in the cave recently.

Thanks!

I think you probably could, actually.

I have been away for sometime now and i lost the track of the value and rarity of the dragons so can i have a small hint about whats the next after the xenos and metals?

Thanks

On 7/10/2018 at 9:02 PM, Godzalla said:

I have been away for sometime now and i lost the track of the value and rarity of the dragons so can i have a small hint about whats the next after the xenos and metals?

Thanks

Up

What is a Sunsong Amphipmere worth? I'm trying to do a lineage project and I'll probably need lots of them. I'd like to know what would you trade for one. Would a CB uncommon be enough, or?

Edited by KajkaElina

Individual threads about trades are usually considered spam. We have a number of help threads here already :)

Here's one that should suit your needs: