Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hmm, that's less than I expected.

Maybe I just keep stalking the prize trading thread :3 My problem is perhaps more that I'm looking for something quite specific than that what I have isn't enough?

I can breed you a 4G if you want ^-^

We can set a trade smile.gif

My experience while looking for a specific lineage : find someone who can breed it and directly ask them if they would be interested in trading with you. It is much easier than post an offer and hope someone able to to breed what you are looking for sees it smile.gif

For a prize you can look for some longer lineage of what you are looking for, then see who owns the 3rd gens and PM one or two of them.

That'll probably be what I end up doing when I run out of other things to look for :3 I don't much like the feeling of PMing someone out of the blue to ask for something if I don't know ahead of time that I have something they want for it.

*hopes to find a Copper*

I can breed you a 4G if you want ^-^

We can set a trade smile.gif

None of the dragons on your scroll quite fit what I'm looking for I'm afraid (though you've got a couple of really lovely longer lineages :3 Bronze Shimmers are pretty with so many things).

Well, if you were looking for a Shimmer, I really don't have low gens. But I have this pretty Bronze Tinsel that's third gen. ^w^

I also think that the best way is ask for people who have the 3G, because it's really difficult that someone takes the offer if it's not exactly what they're looking for.

Edited by Ylvanne

That'll probably be what I end up doing when I run out of other things to look for :3 I don't much like the feeling of PMing someone out of the blue to ask for something if I don't know ahead of time that I have something they want for it.

*hopes to find a Copper*

None of the dragons on your scroll quite fit what I'm looking for I'm afraid (though you've got a couple of really lovely longer lineages :3 Bronze Shimmers are pretty with so many things).

I might have what you're looking for. I'm not too sure! I do have quite a few low-gen prizes and will be receiving some more soon.

Also, how much do you think the following are worth? I'm looking to trade for some this valentines. smile.gif

1. 2G valentine from CB prize

2. 2G valentine from CB holly

3. 2G valentine from CB spriter alt

4. 2G valentine from CB hybrid

5. 2G regular sweetling from alt sweetling x silver

Thanks for your help!

My friend Katty grabbed a 2nd gen Heartseeker from Snow Angel (gold). She has the scroll for gold snow angels, but no CB snow angels of her own and no mate already lined up. How hard would it be for her to get a mate for it? Could she get a 2nd gen sweetling with common/uncommon or nebula mate for it (she's a nebula hoarder)? If not, what would it be worth?

About how much are 2nd gen valentines (other than the actual Valentine dragon) worth? I'd like to collect a few for future breeding.

@synditrix

During Halloween and Christams I was lucky enough to find a 2nd gen from spriter's alt and a 2nd gen from cb prize. I traded both and easily got 2x cb golds for the first and 2x 3rd gen prize for the second.

For the 2nd gen from cb prize you can consider that now there are 600 more cb prize around, and most of them will be bred with valenines this week, so it could be easier to get one of these.

@JBluewind

There are quite enough people with a cb gold snowangel to be able to get a 2nd gen from heartseeker next Christmas, especially is your friend arrange the trade before the breeding start.

On the other end I think she could easily get a 2nd gen sweetling from a random mate for it, while a specific mate could be quite hard.

@Lily14130

It depends on the valentines : while 2nd gen from 09 val or sweetlings can be harder, 2nd rosebuds, heartseekers, arsanis and radiend angels can be easily found in the AP. If you are looking for a specific lineage you could try write it in your signature.

Regarding heart seeker x goldwing- I think there would be plenty of people who would be willing to breed a snow angel next Xmas. Just check the holiday trading thread and the eg thread- we love to help people make checkers over there!

Thanks yall! The rarity of them was lost on me. Is the wing color an even distribution or is one color easier than the others? I have a white scroll myself (which I love!) and have always wondered if mine was the common type.

I'll copy and paste what you said in a text to her. Maybe I can get her to trade here instead of me being her proxy. I'm guessing her 2nd gen Shadow Walker x Val '09 she just caught won't be as bad as I thought then? If only I had her luck. I have TERRIBLE luck when it comes to grabbing 2nd gen early holidays (on a cell phone).

@jbluewind- it's always really hard on a phone the first day of holiday breeding. I bet it will get better as the week goes on, because more people will be locked. Don't lose hope!

On topic: is a 2nd gen holiday from spriters alt worth the same as a second gen from prize, or less now since there are more prizes?

@jbluewind- it's always really hard on a phone the first day of holiday breeding. I bet it will get better as the week goes on, because more people will be locked. Don't lose hope!

On topic: is a 2nd gen holiday from spriters alt worth the same as a second gen from prize, or less now since there are more prizes?

I'd say 2G holidays from spriter alts are worth significantly more because there are hundreds more prizes than spriter alts.

Is a 2G RA from spriter alt worth a 2G gold tinsel? I just got offered that trade for mine and I'm wondering whether I should accept. (I own the RA, and one more from the same lineage).

@Lily14130

It depends on the valentines : while 2nd gen from 09 val or sweetlings can be harder, 2nd rosebuds, heartseekers, arsanis and radiend angels can be easily found in the AP. If you are looking for a specific lineage you could try write it in your signature.

Thanks for the advice... and the egg. smile.gif

I'd say 2G holidays from spriter alts are worth significantly more because there are hundreds more prizes than spriter alts.

Is a 2G RA from spriter alt worth a 2G gold tinsel? I just got offered that trade for mine and I'm wondering whether I should accept. (I own the RA, and one more from the same lineage).

I don't know, really, but I feel like if you own the RA and have already met your goals for breeding it, you don't need the 2nd gen anyway---- so I guess it depends on if you want the tinsel.

I personally feel like those are pretty equal. Plus your alts are GORGEOUS, so there's that!

What is this worth? http://dragcave.net/lineage/gdn2E

Pretty and unique but I don't think particularly valuable. It would be a challenge to make a mate for it, though it might make a nice stairstep.

You might be able to trade for a semi rare, maybe along the lines of blusang, gold wyvern, some bsa hatchies (if anyone has those available) or a different nicely lineaged valentine of course.

A few questions, since I was on semi- hiatus for much of last year

1. How much are 3rd gen shimmers worth nowadays? 4th? 2nd?

2. What are CB pyralsprites worth?

3. CB Almandines?

4. What about undines?

What are 3g checkers with a spriter's alt (or two) grandparent at the base worth?

Asking because I'm wondering if I should keep my 2g arsani from alt desipis, I'm pretty fond of it but I got some hella nice offers.. unsure.gif

Edited by bouken

What are 3g checkers with a spriter's alt (or two) grandparent at the base worth?

Asking because I'm wondering if I should keep my 2g arsani from alt desipis, I'm pretty fond of it but I got some hella nice offers.. unsure.gif

I think spriters alts are pretty much like thuweds: people pay an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen, while 3rd gens are traded for swaps or gifted.

I think spriters alts are pretty much like thuweds: people pay an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen, while 3rd gens are traded for swaps or gifted.

Yep, that's pretty much my experience too.

A few questions, since I was on semi- hiatus for much of last year

1. How much are 3rd gen shimmers worth nowadays? 4th? 2nd?

2. What are CB pyralsprites worth?

3. CB Almandines?

4. What about undines?

No one can tell right now, after the new release, where prizes will settle, but before the new 600, yiu could basically get multiple cb metallics for second gens, and 1-2 for 3rd gens. 4g for hatchies or semi-rares.

Pyralspites are not really worth much in the long run, as they are only rare tdue to enormous,demand. Right now, though, they are dropping far and between, especially the almandines, so people overcharge and overpay often.

Undines are commons. only things of worth are bred undine alts. They'll settle around alt black value eventually.

I have a few questions, I didn't really see anyone addressing these: Is there any way at all to trade adult dragons? I have two female Frilled dragons from way back when, and I recall someone saying that if bred with other breeds, they don't produce any Frilled eggs.

Also: what's more valuable, cave-born (these are the randomly spawned ones, right?) or bred?

(Sorry for my total noob-ness biggrin.gif )

Edited by killerkitty

killerkitty, adult dragons can't be traded at all. cb dragons are the ones without parents on their view pages. If you change "view" in the link to "lineage", you'll only see a single tile for a cb dragon, if there are more tiles, your dragon is bred.

Some people collect 2nd gen dragons from a cb frill parent and another dragon, but what they'll pay depends a lot on the person (and the breed - a 2nd gen gold is worth more than a 2nd gen common). Offspring from bred frills is usually not worth much.

Edit: Or was the question about the generation a general one? In general, cb is more valueable than bred. For bred dragons, low generation is more valuable for rare dragons. For commons, it is often the other way around, because building a lineage takes time and effort even if the breeds in it are easy to find. This only holds true for lineages with nice patterns though, otherwise the dragon is considered "messy".

Edited by Ha-Ki