Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

How rare are CB GW eggs? i accidentally got one.

Not very rare. CB Red Dorsals and Tan Ridgewings are worth more, but not too much, imo.

So, what are people asking for CB ice? I realized I don't have a CB male and needed one for the Breeding Gifting thread (I'm late for the gift, but it would be nice to just have one, just in case).

Likewise, what are Silver and Gold going for? (CB)

I'm not expecting to be able to afford them, from what I see in the trading threads most of what they ask I can't catch, but I'm asking just in case.

I've been trading for CB Trios lately so I'm really confident for this advice:

1:1 ratios are 5g Prizes (you will have better luck with silver/gold, bronze would probably take a bit), Unbreedable, CB Tan Ridgewing, CB Gold Wyvern, CB Red Dorsal. And Swaps of course.

2(possibly 3):1

4g Prize, 2g Metal PB or x Holiday.

So out of the lists I gave you (btw, by recently traded, I mean a couple weeks ago to a few days before the new release) I have successfully traded off:

5g Prize (I asked for 1 CB Hatchling), 4g prize (got a whole set!), 2g Metal PB and 2g Metal x Grave (I got 2 each time)

As for gold wyvern thing, that was way back when I was a newbie, I'm not sure of the odds of a CB Gold Wyvern --> CB Trio. o:

As for CB Golds/Silvers:

3g Prizes, and 4g prize (just 1 CB Silver, unlikely to get a CB Gold, but it isn't impossible), Neglected (2 CB Silvers or 1 CB Gold is fair), Multiple CB Coppers, 2g Thuweds (2 CB Golds or 3 CB Silvers)

What is 2nd gen pb alt vine worth? I'm interested in things like metals, cb hatchies, 2nd gen colored nebulas and 2nd gen alt blacks from a specific lineage.

What is this worth?

Thanks Dragonessdown and Saynna!

Edited by Avarule

What is 2nd gen pb alt vine worth? I'm interested in things like metals, cb hatchies, 2nd gen colored nebulas and 2nd gen alt blacks from a specific lineage.

Not worth a CB Metal, but 2g metal it is. smile.gif I think depending on the nebula checker you could generally get at least 5 hatchies rightly colored. o3o And for the 2nd gen alt blacks x specific lineage. You're better off trying to find someone that usually breeds 2g-4g and asking them to try and help out.

@Avarule: Not very much, but if it was a CB with all numbers, that would have made a big difference. I don't think you could get a CB Red Dorsal/Tan Ridgewing for it, but I could be wrong on that one.

Not worth a CB Metal, but 2g metal it is. smile.gif I think depending on the nebula checker you could generally get at least 5 hatchies rightly colored. o3o And for the 2nd gen alt blacks x specific lineage. You're better off trying to find someone that usually breeds 2g-4g and asking them to try and help out.

Thank you smile.gif Nebulas sound very tempting. I guess, I'll post trade and see what happens. As for the blacks, I'm looking from 2nd gen from whites, so it's not something very picky wink.gif Some nice people are helping me with it, but it wouldn't hurt if I trade for some as well.

What should I trade to get Falconiform Wyvern hatchies/eggs? I don't always have the patience to stalk the cave for them, and I'm not sure how rare they will be in the coming weeks/months.

I haven't been around the forums for a couple of months, I just want to know how rare CB Coppers are nowadays.

They're rare, but not as rare as they used to be. A handful has noticed that (myself included) and another handful likes to argue against that. Is it at the point of a CB Trio? No. Is it at the point of a CB Blusang? No. It just means that they are easier and more spotted than they have been recently, but hasn't dropped down ridiculous at a 1:1 ratio find like a CB Trio for instance.

@Irercha: You're welcome! smile.gif And good luck finding a good trade biggrin.gif

@Ashes: Atm, there's not that much players that still have hatchies on them so it's going to be a bit harder to compete with others that are still trying to max out their new release hatchies. I say a 2g-3g metallic can get you just 2 or 3 if you're lucky. But if you make long clean metals than just ask for 1 as 2 is pretty much pushing it.

Otherwise for catching, I suggest CB Springs at 1:1 ratio. Nothing else since it doesn't seem like you are particularly hunting in biomes.

Is 10 random CB hatchlings a fair offer on a 2nd gen Silver (common mate) or is the person asking too much?

Edited by RulenneClarissa

Is 10 random CB hatchlings a fair offer on a 2nd gen Silver (common mate) or is the person asking too much?

Sounds quite good for me - I would go for it. Once I went up to 14, but that was because I really really needed that 2G.

How much are CB blue 2 headed lindwurms worth these days? Would they be worth a CB Green Lindwurm?

Hi *Waves at people who are wiser than I*

First question: Somehow, I managed to snag a CB Red Dorsal and a CB Magma in my last hunting, I incubating and I'm going to let them hatch before I put up for trade, but I was curious for what those were going for atm, since I'm tempted to keep the Dorsal.

Second Question: I'm hunting CB Springs (Nobody seems to be snagging them so it is easy to pluck them from the Forest at the five minutes drops and all) but what are they trading for atm.

Thank you for reading!

Hi *Waves at people who are wiser than I*

First question: Somehow, I managed to snag a CB Red Dorsal and a CB Magma in my last hunting, I incubating and I'm going to let them hatch before I put up for trade, but I was curious for what those were going for atm, since I'm tempted to keep the Dorsal.

Second Question: I'm hunting CB Springs (Nobody seems to be snagging them so it is easy to pluck them from the Forest at the five minutes drops and all) but what are they trading for atm.

Thank you for reading!

@Rulenne: That sounds really fair as long as it's not an uncommon/rare CB hatchling they're asking for. I haven't been trading 2g metals off for CB Whites, but I have gotten someone to offer up 15 CB White Hatchlings (I didn't PM them, they PM'd me) for a 2g PB Silver so 10 for a common mate sounds like a really good deal.

@Emarald: Imo, CB Green Opals are worth less than CB Blue Opals. They were really rare before the Halloween event, but then became way more common and became a bit like cave blockers. Now they're not as common, but they're still not worth much. The problem with trading a CB Blue Opal for a CB Green Opal is who would have a CB Green Opal and would need a color swap. It is really fair, but that variable is what makes getting a trade offer hard.

@Rue: I would say put the magma up for trade as an egg since it sounds like you don't want to trade off the Red Dorsal. This will give you a bigger audience because they can influence. If you influence it Female then the people who are looking for Males will be turned off and vice versa. Of course there are some that just don't care. A CB Magma could get you a CB Blusang (odds of that isn't too good but it is possible for a 1:1 trade), CB Trio swap, Any Unbreedable (1:1), Tan Ridgewing, Red Dorsal, Gold Wyvern, 2 CB Springs, 2-3 Nebulas, 3 CB Blacks, 3 CB Stripes, 3 Red/Pink hatchies (you can try asking for nice lineage, but if you ask for messy ask for 4). A CB Red Dorsal is worth an Unbreedable, but it would be hard to swap it for a CB Trio. Again, not impossible, just not likely (and when I say unlikely I mean 15-20% chance)

@Rue's Second Question: If you want CB Springs I suggest breeding 5g Prizes if you can and ask for CB Springs or 2g Metals and asking for multiple (2-3). Or of course, since you have the Magma you can put that up for 2 CB Springs, though I suggest if you want to try and maximize your trade revenue then you should say "Looking for 2 CB SPrings, but I'd really like 3 and if offered it will be auto accepted when I see it."

Also if you like IOUs (like me) then you should put in your sig "I accept IOUs smile.gif" that way you can hint that you will take an IOU when you say in your trade post, "Look in sig biggrin.gif" making it more tempting for them to PM you.

Last and finally, it's getting near the end of the season so you might not want to take the IOU of course. If you're going to hunt for CB Seasons again I suggest you think way before in advance because if you don't you'll most likely change your mind later in the season and panic for CB Seasonals which may end up with you not getting a single one. Better safe than sorry. :3

Thank you, Saynna! I've got 18 adult CB Springs (9 female, 9 male), so I've got a nice little grouping, been collecting since they changed. Hadn't really thought about the gender of the Magma (blonde moment), so I see your point. Thanks again!

What's this guy worth?

I'd say... not much. You *might* get two hatchies, but considering that his lineage isn't really "special" to 99.99% of the people on DC...

Edited by car340

Oh, I thought he might be worth more because of his code... Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply. smile.gif Second question: what do silvers with decent lineages and second gen opals usually go for?

Edited by Avarule

Oh, I thought he might be worth more because of his code... Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply. smile.gif Second question: what do silvers with decent lineages and second gen opals usually go for?

The code only matters if it's a CB, in most cases. For "cool" codes that have messy lineages they are often really bad to trade off because most of the active trading population either seek 2g or CB dragons, sometimes even longer, but of course those are usually checker lineages or clean stairstep lineages. If it had alted then it would have been great for someone to freeze (as most like to freeze messies) and you could have gotten possibly a CB Trio/Unbreedable (Alts make that huge difference).

Also it depends on how decent we are talking about here. Are we talking about messy, yet not that messy? Or are we talking about PBs and checkers? And is how short/long going to play a part of that "decent" factor? :s

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wJg3W

http://dragcave.net/lineage/gOSAw

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8alD0

Do you mean like the first two shown or the 3rd? I don't think I had any sort of "messy" silvers for an example. unsure.gif

Second can go for quite a bit, for example, I trade off 2g Metal x Grave for 2 CB Trios each. o: The first one is more of a lineage swap, I've never really traded off 3g checkers for anything but 3-4 new release hatchies so can't help on that too much. tongue.gif I know ADP trades off her 3g's for 1 CB Copper.

2g Opals don't go for anything.

By decent I meant nothing like this. Long stairsteps and sloppy checkers are fine. I'm also okay with this.

By decent I meant nothing like this. Long stairsteps and sloppy checkers are fine. I'm also okay with this.

That's just horribly messy xd.png There are some that consider some dragons "decent", but it still has a bit of a mess of it. Like a 3rd gen EG being bred with a CB, etc. o-o

For prizes that are long gen you just need to hang around the "Take An Egg - Leave an Egg" or "Departures" thread in the trading section and usually people will gift these at least once per page.

Dragon Cave Community Notice Board, Departures.

Take an Egg - Leave an Egg

As far as Silvers/Golds those are a little bit hard to come by through those threads.

They're rare, but not as rare as they used to be. A handful has noticed that (myself included) and another handful likes to argue against that. Is it at the point of a CB Trio? No. Is it at the point of a CB Blusang? No. It just means that they are easier and more spotted than they have been recently, but hasn't dropped down ridiculous at a 1:1 ratio find like a CB Trio for instance.

Thank you.

I am not sure what you meant here:

Is it at the point of a CB Blusang?

Are CB Copper eggs rarer than CB Blusangs?

Edited by Dark

Are CB Copper eggs rarer than CB Blusangs?

Yes, CB coppers are not worth as much as CB gold or silver, but more than blusangs, gold wyverns, or trios.

Yep they're rarer than Blusangs even though they appear in 6 biomes. And as Tawanda said, they're worth more too.