TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

There's on thing I still I want clarified....I know that ornaments that aren't 'on' the tree will not be visable by the public when viewing comes. But how far 'off' the tree do they have to be to count? Part of me was kinda hoping to do a 'magic' tree with the ornaments floating around it.

I still don't like this. I'm glad the rules and such have been clarified, but I definitely don't like this.

I have always loved that DC is basically a game of luck and skill. You click-click-click like crazy to get those eggs that you want, figure out how many stats they need, etc etc. This game has never been about special groups of people getting special dragons, it's all about clicking and grabbing and trying. This "exclusive" contest goes against one of the things I love so much about DC.

I'll keep complaining and griping, but I'll deal with it. If these exclusive contests and exclusive dragons become the norm, tho, I may have to give up on DC. This isn't the game I used to like.

I'm aware that the majority of users seem to like this contest, and that's wonderful. I'm glad. I just don't.

I feel so much better about this now. (I was worried about fairness and such...) Love the voting system and the fact that the prize dragons will in fact be breedable.

Thanks for such a fun event. cool.gif

There's on thing I still I want clarified....I know that ornaments that aren't 'on' the tree will not be visable by the public when viewing comes. But how far 'off' the tree do they have to be to count? Part of me was kinda hoping to do a 'magic' tree with the ornaments floating around it.

if you take the ornaments far enough away from the tree they turn "transparent" or ghostly.. that means they are "off the board" so to speak. If they stay in full color then they are in the viewing area.

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for this event! I'm so pumped and ready to go! laugh.gif I, probably like everyone else, really hope I get on to at least the honorable mentions list. smile.gif This is going to be a very fun time.....

I'm also really glad that the prize dragons are going to be breedable. I was kind of afraid I'd have to "stalk" someone's scroll so I could see the prize dragon when I wished to do so. >_< I'm relieved I don't have to do that.

......come on.....you all would of done it too..... >.>

I do appreciate the clarification about judging, times, and prizes. While I will still just have fun decorating my tree, I will keep a little hope in my heart for an honorable mention. smile.gif

Thanks for the official rules, TJ. It makes it so much easier to understand.

I'm soooo going to review trees! It sounds fun!

Man, I REALLY want the prizes now, as unlikely as I know it is. I gasped so loud when I heard about custom codes, my dad came and asked if I was okay. xd.png

I'm glad the dragons will be breedable. Maybe eventually, I'll get one. smile.gif

Good luck everyone!

Psssh. I'd get a GoN =D But I might change my mind for a Holly, especially knowing that the prize dragons can be breedable.

Oh, and I saw someone ask something about Bronze dragons existing.

They aren't literally "Bronze" dragons. TJ was using the terms Gold, Silver, and Bronze to show which dragons would go to which place. i.e., Gold= 1st place, silver=2nd, etc.

So first place isn't going to get a Dragcave Gold dragon, it's just going to be the equivalent of a first place dragon.

^^

I know ill gift mine as much as i can if I get one. Except in cristmas... then i might trade for a holly...

I wonder if the Gold, silver, and bronze eggs will just be reskins of the same dragon, like the sweetlings or snow angels, or they will all be seperate dragons.

Edited by superguy16

I like the sounds of this event!

New eggs = epicness.

And the choice to choose old ones... lol I'd want either one of the new ones or a Holly. biggrin.gif

I'll have to get someone to decorate my tree though, seeing as I'm visually impaired. :-\

Thanks for the info!

Winter forum skin looks great~ I was wondering when it would change. tongue.gif

Happy that the prize dragons can breed.

It's great to have a competition, right? So..please, no more complaints. -crosses fingers- biggrin.gif It's just a game, don't take things so seriously. wink.gif

Sounds great! I've got my decorations off to the side and am making my design plans even now.

Edit: Oh oh question - if custom codes are available, do they have to be four-character codes?

Edited by tiktokism

Thanks for this opportunity, TJ! Although I don't I will have a strong chance to get in the list of winners I will try just for fun. biggrin.gif

Edited by NekoA

Thanks for clearing things up....even though I was one of the people who absolutely hated that DC was having a contest, I am slowly warming up to the idea. Also a big mushy thank you to Lyth for letting the frills be available again this one time :3

I think I just might enjoy this contest yet.

I don't know how many people watch the Olympics but I think what TJ said about the Gold Silver and Bronze are like the medals that the Winners get in the Olympics.

I wonder if the Gold, silver, and bronze eggs will just be reskins of the same dragon, like the sweetlings or snow angels, or they will all be seperate dragons.

I think they will be the same sprite but different colors. smile.gif