TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

What if you don't want some ornaments? D:

Drag them off the tree and drop them on the side. If they fade, they won't be seen when it comes time for judging. If they don't fade, drag them to the side a bit more.

I've been checking my tree since early Sunday evening and I've only got one batch of ornaments. Nothing new has been added. Is there something I should be doing to get them?

As far as I know, all you have to do is click on your tree. I've been going to mine after midnight every night [i'm in Arizona time, so two hours behind DC time, making it only 10pm for me] and I get new ornaments. unsure.gif

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

I redesign my tree as new ornaments pop up tongue.gif Just so I have time to really think about how I want my tree to look, and so that I have a visual to help me in doing so.

'Tis what I'm doing also.

I'm waiting until I get more ornaments to start designing. I always come up with new ideas and change my old ones, so it's kinda pointless for me to start now.

And I love the winter layout on the forums... I missed it.

I've been checking my tree since early Sunday evening and I've only got one batch of ornaments. Nothing new has been added. Is there something I should be doing to get them?

You have to click on your tree and go to the decorating page to get ornaments. happy.gif

Drag them off the tree and drop them on the side. If they fade, they won't be seen when it comes time for judging. If they don't fade, drag them to the side a bit more.

Ah, thanks! biggrin.gif

Question about the Frill Egg:

Will this Frill be able to reproduce more Frills when its an adult? Or will its action breed only produce the egg of the other parent it breeds with?

Just curious. ._.

There will never be any more Frill eggs through any "normal" means.

Frill dragons breed basically like holiday dragons, except there is no "in season" for breeding.

You'll always get the other parent, when you get an egg at all, and they won't breed with rares.

There will never be any more Frill eggs through any "normal" means.

Frill dragons breed basically like holiday dragons, except there is no "in season" for breeding.

You'll always get the other parent, when you get an egg at all, and they won't breed with rares.

Aww... and here I thought these honorable Frills will be special; able to finally reproduce more of its kind.

I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.

Yup, can't get a Leetle. I have five eggs, my two '10 Xmas eggs, my Yule egg, an egg I was traded, and another egg. How long will the Leetle's stay up? I have about another 15 hours before I have some space.

omfg Leetle trees -lurks cave-

Are the new holiday eggs still dropping? My parents' internet was crap, couldn't do anything with it. If not, no prob- I'll arrange for a catcher or something next year. smile.gif

OK i'm confused if we aren't at the limit for the hollies can we ask for a cb holly?

Got a Leetle on my first try. 8D But is there a way to make ornaments go in front/behind other ornaments? My candy won't go in front of the bag anymore. D:

That's what it looks like. smile.gif

And my question was answered in the first post in the Christmas thread, so I will make a new post to say- D'oh!

I haven't actually seen some things asked yet, and am curious.

Will the exclusive dragons reproduce themselves at the ratios of common, uncommon or rare dragons?

(If they breed like Golds they may not reproduce themselves for years or only once or twice a year - if they breed like commons, there may be one produced every second breeding.)

Will the OTHER eggs and hatchies on the scrolls of the exclusive dragon winners be protected?

Their scrolls will see a lot of traffic for a very long time, and it would suck if they were forced to hide them to keep their other babies alive.

TJ, will you have representatives of each exclusive sprite on the Tree Decorating thread that we can watch growing, and refer to through the years?

That would, I think, at least reduce the problem of chronic overViewing of the winners various babies, and allow us all to share in that aspect of the event.

(Although I strongly believe that the scrolls with exclusive dragons really should be allowed total protection for ALL babies also, so that 'normally viewable' is still a scroll option for winners.)

I'd like to say thanks to TJ & the spriters for our lovely trees and ornaments, and for this interesting contest!

Also, would like to note generally that if the exclusive dragon winners choose to keep all or most of their dragon's eggs, they will be *their own dragons to do as they will with*.

'Hoarding' (collecting) is the main purpose for which people join DC - people are not obligated to gift or trade to anyone else.

Someday, eventually, the rest of us will likely get those sprites and we'll just have to be patient about it.

It's not like we don't get lots of lovely dragons Released and upcoming delights of all sorts to keep us busy and amused while waiting.

(Yeah, right, lol. xd.png We're virtually all greedy hoarders at heart, but still. laugh.gif )

I got a ordainment that looks like it could be a pot or something, it's red- anyone know what it is?

Just got myself a leetle tree! *ded of excitement*

Mmhmm, this is officially an awesome DC Christmas. Thanks, TJ! <3

I still haven't got a leetle tree yet, but I'm still giving it a shot.

...I actually have room now. >.>

Some of these ornaments... I have no clue what they are.

Like the very large circular one that kind of looks like a plate? Or the red/purple pot-type things? Does anyone have any idea what they are?