TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

My two cents about the trading of the Prize dragons:

People will definitely offer them up as trades, especially at first. I know that if I got a Prize dragon I'd want to try for the other varieties of the Prizes, and a couple CB metallics with the first few I bred--simply because those are things I know I'd have trouble getting on my own. Nearly three years of trying now, and still no CB Metallics, for example.

But I wouldn't ask for an ND since that's one I want the joy of getting one through my own hard work and luck (even though I know it will take me a very long time once I buckle down and start trying).

However, once I got the limited number of really valuable things I still need, I would find some way to gift that wouldn't swamp me in PMs all the time. And if I offered up a trade that wasn't taken, I'd probably gift that too.

I read the first post and several pages after, but the way I read that part was that the voters would be anonymous. It doesn't say anything about the tree owners being anonymous. Thanks for clarifying.

You missed this post then....

It's all anonymous. You don't know who you're voting for, and you don't know who voted for you.

Thanks for the info on the contest TJ. sounds like fun.

I never knew we had a bronze egg, it it something new or has it always been around?

exactly. Hollies are uber rare due to once a year breeding.

These exclusive dragons are year-round breeders.

I figured that if all 30 dragons breed like commons (or even uncommons) and are bred every week for 1 year, then just in that first year alone, they and their 2nd gen offspring are capable of producing at least 50,000 eggs and that's not even counting the 3rd, 4th, etc. generations offspring breedings. Even if they are not as fertile as a 100% within a year, pretty much anyone could have the ability to get one. Look at how fast vampires were able to populate the game despite their 1 bite per month deal.... 6 months before they were generally available to the masses.

Actually, I worked it out and if they breed true one in five times (which seems like fairly standard uncommon breeding), then in two years there will be over 5 billion of them. xd.png Of course, that's assuming everybody breeds them every chance they get, but yeah.

And on the vote thing will the name show up on who's tree it is?

It's anonymous, if that's what you're asking.

Another question: will it be announced who are the winners? I think they are in for a lot of a PM's if they are.

But it would be nice if you are in the top 30 and decide you want a Frill instead (I think I would go for that because there's no chance for getting one otherwise and as the prize dragons are breedable there's still a chance for them...) to be able to contact whoever gets a prize dragon because you refused it to ask to breed it for you biggrin.gif

I know, I know, greedy much... unsure.gifdry.gif

Haha, wouldn't it be funny if all the top 50 decided they wanted a Frill laugh.gif

Another question: will it be announced who are the winners? I think they are in for a lot of a PM's if they are.

But it would be nice if you are in the top 30 and decide you want a Frill instead (I think I would go for that because there's no chance for getting one otherwise and as the prize dragons are breedable there's still a chance for them...) to be able to contact whoever gets a prize dragon because you refused it to ask to breed it for you biggrin.gif

I know, I know, greedy much... unsure.gifdry.gif

Haha, wouldn't it be funny if all the top 50 decided they wanted a Frill laugh.gif

I wouldn't be surprised rolleyes.gif

Oh! I just noticed the little branch things in the corners of the tree page have sprouted leaves. biggrin.gif I wonder what they'll turn into by the last day?

i started decorating mine today :D

i wish i was more active on the site

then i wouldve gotten the other decoration when this started D8

i started decorating mine today biggrin.gif

i wish i was more active on the site

then i wouldve gotten the other decoration when this started D8

Don't fret, missing a few won't make too much of a difference. You don't need an ornament from every day to make a nice tree. :>

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm so happy that the special dragons will be available! And because we'll have many days to decorate the trees! ☺

This post has assuaged most of my misgivings. Thank you TJ for another exciting development in DragCave smile.gif

Yeah, I think Dis said there will be too many to fit them all on the tree anyway, so missing a few won't really hurt you.

Personally, I'm putting all of mine to the side until we get them all, that way I won't miss doing something really neat with the ones from the last day or two because I'd already set my mind on something to do with the first ones.

One question: Are we allowed to put some of them under the tree in the present area, instead of on it? Because some of them seem like they'll work better for me as gifts than ornaments.

Oh! I just noticed the little branch things in the corners of the tree page have sprouted leaves. biggrin.gif I wonder what they'll turn into by the last day?

I was wondering when someone would notice that. tongue.gif

Yay! biggrin.gif Now even if my sad sad attempt at decorating doesn't win, I can still hope to get the exclusive dragon(s) from people whom breed them. Haha. Thanks, Teej!

Yeah, I think Dis said there will be too many to fit them all on the tree anyway, so missing a few won't really hurt you.

Personally, I'm putting all of mine to the side until we get them all, that way I won't miss doing something really neat with the ones from the last day or two because I'd already set my mind on something to do with the first ones.

One question: Are we allowed to put some of them under the tree in the present area, instead of on it? Because some of them seem like they'll work better for me as gifts than ornaments.

I think putting them in places like under the tree is alright, because they don't become translucent there.

I'm not sure,though. just a guess.

thanks TJ! maybe now the whining will stop... (I can hope right?) and I hope everyone has a great time decorating their trees even if they don't win (including me if you're think I left myself out) biggrin.gif

oh wow all the grate things that can happen

and Hollies could be WON! that to as CB that's just too AWESOME!

but while i was reading i thought MAYBE just maybe those Old Pink egg might also be in the list but as i almost finished reading ............ sad.gif there it was "can not ask for: Bright Pinks"

and i had been thinking about if one day there would come a day i could get my hands on that!

oh will its not like i'll win but by any chance i do that holly sounds just soooo awesome!

but thats jut my dream

anyway thanx for the grate info

Has it been clarified if Leetle Trees will be able to be chosen as an HM gift? It does say past Holiday dragons...

Anyway, MollyElizbeth, we don't know about that. There might be a reason why TJ has not answered that question yet (Technically, its not a dragon)

Edited by Xythus

Congrats on being a troll. How original. ^

Anyway, MollyElizbeth, we don't know about that. There might be a reason why TJ has not answered that question yet (Technically, its not a dragon)

No idea what happened above, I guess I refreshed after whatever was deleted.

Anyways, TY for the answer, and yea, I guess it's not technically a dragon dry.gif