TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

(some holly parents ask for such)(or at least dragons that the majority of people cannot get/give, CB metallics/Neglected ect.)

The only thing I worry about, with the epic win dragons, is like hollies, everyone will want one, but no one will get one. And unlike hollies, if you have one, you arnt limited to a set number, so you can horde all you want. (and there are way more holly's than just 5/10/ 15,) yet still, every christmas, holly's are what people crave

I was gifted a holly. Not everyone is a mean opportunist. Some people will gift their trophy dragons, don't worry.

This contest is made of epic awesome. My family ritually removes the Christmas tree by New Year and I'm always so sad to see it go, so the tree decorating on here is worth it for that alone. But shiny new dragons and the honourable mention idea? AWESOME, I say. biggrin.gif

(Also I had no idea people were whining about this. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? o.O)

*cough*

Better cough louder, I don't think people are gettin' it. rolleyes.gif

I'm not the type that would ever 'beg' for a thing. No thanks. I'd do without first. If I don't have a certain dragon, I don't have it. It's not that big a deal.

Good luck to everyone, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the awesome tree designs that people come up with! smile.gif

Don't bother bolding it Lythr*, I guarantee you someone will ask the same question again.

MedievalMystic, I agree. Unfortunately, thats what we dragcavers do. tongue.gif

(edited typo. Sorry ifail)

Edited by Xythus

Better cough louder, I don't think people are gettin' it. rolleyes.gif

Iunno, I'm not sure I've gotten over my evil flu of DEWM that I got in early November. ^_~

(some holly parents ask for such)(or at least dragons that the majority of people cannot get/give, CB metallics/Neglected ect.)

The only thing I worry about, with the epic win dragons, is like hollies, everyone will want one, but no one will get one. And unlike hollies, if you have one, you arnt limited to a set number, so you can horde all you want. (and there are way more holly's than just 5/10/ 15,) yet still, every christmas, holly's are what people crave

yeah sure, in months and ages, if the dragons are kept on a strict breeding program, refusals are minimal, eggs produced each and every time, perhaps, 20/30 people might have one... But for the 200,000+ other people who would like one, it will be another begging thing like Holly's... But it isnt my game, or dragon, so TJ will do it as he pleases.

I look forward to at least viewing the prizes.

Good Luck to everyone!

But the main thing keeping Hollies rare is that they only breed once a year, so they're only on the fourth generation now. Even assuming a fairly conservative breeding success rate, there will be thousands of these within a year.

Oh, wow. This is truly epic.

For me, its the breeding thing that makes me smile. Will they be next to impossible to get? Oh yes. But they will be out there, and eventually, people will be able to get some of the winner dragons.

Awesome! Glad that prize dragons are breedable.

Thanks you, TJ09! I'm glad to know that I have time to edit my tree before I enter it.

Now what to choose if I'm a honorable mention... hm.

Edit: Also yay for being able to breed them!

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Iunno, I'm not sure I've gotten over my evil flu of DEWM that I got in early November. ^_~

Yikes! *hides, just in case* lol

Well, I'm going to opt out of the contest this time. However, I think the entire thing is a great idea, and I hope to see similar contests in the future. I gotta say, these hunts and other events that have been going on lately are a ton of fun, both to watch and participate in. Keep 'em comin'! happy.gif

I for one, have no clue who the 'popular' people on here are, and could care less! I wouldn't give them a high vote just because they were known on this site! Someone that noone has ever heard of, or who just joined not long ago might come up with a design that's breathtaking. Who care's about popular? If someone who's popular has a tree that is sloppy, I'm not giving them a high vote! Jeez!

I'm glad it's anonymous. That's a load off right there.

A "popularity contest" doesn't mean that you vote for the most popular people. It means everybody votes for their friends, so in effect the person with the most friends wins.

thanks for more information, TJ! I'm really glad the specials will be breadable smile.gif

the new layout of site looks cool! biggrin.gif

There is a little hope of people winning the exclusive dragons.Say,a person who had won a gold exclusive dragon bred the dragon but already has x amount of eggs and the gold exclusive dragon bred x amount so the owner couldn't keep them all.Chance is that a kind person stumbles across and gets the egg,breeding a bunch starting a gifting thread,saying that any person who receives an egg from the thread must give away five eggs to other people who don't have any before using any gold exclusive eggy breed from their first eggy in a trade.Then we just gotta work out the problems if they're any.Then boom...crash...you got a system and everyone gots a gold exclusive eggy(well,at least hopefully a lot of people get some).Though this is only a dream a Dragcave player can have. biggrin.gif

I'm very glad that the voting is going to be done anonymously it certainly helps those of us you normally just lurk around on the forums.

This question has ben asked already and stated in the first post. Voting is anonomous. You could be voting for your best friends tree and not even know it.

I read the first post and several pages after, but the way I read that part was that the voters would be anonymous. It doesn't say anything about the tree owners being anonymous. Thanks for clarifying.

smile.gif Great to know the details. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at tree decorating regardless of whether I win or not. Good luck everyone!

But even if the prize dragons only successfully breed 50% of the time. There is a chance of a multi egg breeding. And all the previous eggs will have a chance at breeding too. And I am sure that not every single DC user is stingy and unwilling to gift or even trade.

I read the first post and several pages after, but the way I read that part was that the voters would be anonymous. It doesn't say anything about the tree owners being anonymous. Thanks for clarifying.

Ah I see, it doesn't actually cleary state that. My bad. But its all anonymous smile.gif

@Sorrowgrave (beneath): AHH Now I have the thought of doing a CB alt in my head. (Not that I would win I would imagine) In a way I almost feel kinda sad to the winners and HM's. Decisions, decisions! I have a hard enough time choosing my socks laugh.gif

Edited by Tatrina

For me it'd have to be a Frill those are my favorite dragon sprites. then getting a gender change on a marrow I already have so It'll be a CB female, but that's not gonna happen because TJ didn't say a word about switching the genders of pre existing dragons if you win. Next a CB alt black (if only for the lols)

I have all the christmas dragons but the holly, but frankly It's low on my want list..

sense the Exclusive can breed I'm pondering about grabbing one, but it would forsake my chances of getting a frill

if anyone said " I'd perfer a Frill over a holly" a year ago they'd be stared at like their crazy. Which perhaps I am. tongue.gif

Nice to see the details ironed out! I think the hardest part of this contest is going to be the waiting untill judging time!

I would say a no-point, process of elimination judge system would be nice.

You are shown a single page with a random cut-away of 4 trees so that you can see them all at the same time (a quartered page still leaves the trees with enough detail to be viewable). You get to pick only one. You get another page with another 4 random trees and pick one.

No point system means you take out the troll factor completely. A troll who wants to pick only the worst trees of all those they view is only helping someone with no creative skills to win just as much as someone who only picks the nicest looking trees as much as someone who only picks the average looking trees.

All "picked" trees then go to a 2nd round of voting, and those new picked trees go to a 3rd round, etc. until you whittle the numbers down to the 200 that TJ then looks at. Pretty fair I think.

The only negative point I have is I have no clue what some of these ornaments even ARE!! xd.png So I just leave them off.

Where does it say they are muli-clutch eggs though?? Only holidays are multi-clutch.

I am going to decorate with the goal of a event dragon. smile.gif But I know if I get honorable I'll be asking for a holly as I have everything else. biggrin.gif

But the main thing keeping Hollies rare is that they only breed once a year, so they're only on the fourth generation now. Even assuming a fairly conservative breeding success rate, there will be thousands of these within a year.

exactly. Hollies are uber rare due to once a year breeding.

These exclusive dragons are year-round breeders.

I figured that if all 30 dragons breed like commons (or even uncommons) and are bred every week for 1 year, then just in that first year alone, they and their 2nd gen offspring are capable of producing at least 50,000 eggs and that's not even counting the 3rd, 4th, etc. generations offspring breedings. Even if they are not as fertile as a 100% within a year, pretty much anyone could have the ability to get one. Look at how fast vampires were able to populate the game despite their 1 bite per month deal.... 6 months before they were generally available to the masses.

Thanks for the info! Love the forum decorations by the way ^^ love snowflakes and though there is snow on the ground I was unfortunately sick and couldn't see it falling so this is a nice surprise laugh.gif Happy Holidays everyone!