TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Will Purples become more common due to the new BSA? It seems like, when I first started, Purples were as common as Mints. Now I see one egg every hour on the AP and two every half hour on in the Cave. I would be really happy to see them become a little more common, if only for a little while. ♥

Most of these I'm excited about, but I'm a little bit concerned about the biomes. I have a feeling that the site will be a lot different after it's implemented. What biomes would papers (UNCOMMON, NOT RARE), Stripes, Blacks, and some other dragons be found in?

I think it was SockPuppetStrangler who said that the artists for these dragons had written where they come from... and just didn't put it in the descriptions. So we'll have to wait and see tongue.gif

Edited by SilverDragonTears

Anyone know what 4/12 total, 5/15 total, etc. mean? Also, is scroll pages optional? I think that if there are pages, it kind of ruins the point of calling it a scroll, considering scrolls don't have pages.

Edited by PieMaster

Anyone know what 4/12 total, 5/15 total, etc. mean?

It means that you can have 4 eggs, and 12 eggs+hatchlings (or 5 eggs, 15 eggs+hatchlings)

They've increased the number of hatchlings you can have.

Edited by Sir_Read-a-Lot

Anyone know what 4/12 total, 5/15 total, etc. mean?

It means that egg and hatchling limits are not combined. You are limited to 4, 5, 6, or 7 eggs depending on how many dragons you have, and you can catch hatchlings up to 12, 15, 18, or 21 total between eggs and hatchlings. So if your limit is 5/15 you can have up to 5 eggs and 10 hatchlings, or no eggs and 15 hatchlings, etc.

I'm really getting excited at these new features, especially after I saw the post by TJ.... These features are already coded! Then it's only a matter of time before all these magnificent features are implemented xd.png

I really like the trophy-more eggs held feature and BSAs.. anybody clicking magi and purple's action with anticipation? well I do lol

Thank you testers and TJ...and I'll start poking you guys also *poke*

Also, there will probably be lots of people willing to send Magi eggs to new players.

Yes, once Teleport is enabled, I assume that there will be no shortage of people with orange armies willing to breed eggs and teleport them to newbies who need them. I certainly would. It's not as if they're stripes or silvers or something... magi breed very easily in my experience.

And purple eggs are quite common to see in the AP, so I can't imagine anybody would have trouble getting those.

Also, is scroll pages optional? I think that if there are pages, it kind of ruins the point of calling it a scroll, considering scrolls don't have pages.

The pages themselves aren't optional, but you can set them high enough that it can seem like it. :3

I have waited and watched this news and reactions with a fear growing more hour:

What is going to happen to all the lineages if dragons names are changed, especially unlimited times? Tracking nightmare for sure, and I have not seen an answer to the myriad problems I see here.

I spend a lot of time and effort and do not see rares as it is, with little chance to get what I might see. I am not the only one who depends upon the fastest/most equipped to get scroll locked and then compete among the slower/lessor computers.

The teleport would seem to reduce greatly the "valuable" lineage and rares that

might be possible to catch on AP. I get the feeling of a widening gap of the more

dedicated players of cave & forums, versus the limited cave player who may not

be into forums & IRC(whatever it is).

Are my bifocals not seeing things clearly?

Edited by grammydragon

All of these are excellent, except the vampire lineages. I do NOT want vampires to show who bit them. Otherwise, what's the point of a "CB" vampire?

You do know that what you are calling "CB Vampires" are NOT "CB Vampires". So your argument about lineages is flawed.

ANY vampire that was created through the BITE BSA is NOT a "CB vampire" even if you bit an egg that came from the main cave.

CB Vampires were originally a limited holiday release for Halloween 2008. Only the original 2008 vampires are "CB vampires".

Since Vampires can't breed like other dragons, for Halloween 2009, they got the BITE feature to reproduce. Unlike other holidays that only breed true during their specific holiday, vampires were allowed to go mainstream and bite year round.

I can't wait! biggrin.gif While all of them sound great, I most anticipate the Renaming option to come live, oh goooosh do I need that one *headdesk*

All this features sound awesome, can't wait for them. Thanks!

One question though, S1 Freezing means that even if you freeze an S2 it'll stay S1, or that the one frozen in S1 will always stay in S1 and won't turn S2 after a few time?

All this features sound awesome, can't wait for them. Thanks!

One question though, S1 Freezing means that even if you freeze an S2 it'll stay S1, or that the one frozen in S1 will always stay in S1 and won't turn S2 after a few time?

It means, whatever stage you freeze it at, it will stay at. :3

I have waited and watched this news and reactions with a fear growing more hour:

What is going to happen to all the lineages if dragons names are changed, especially unlimited times?  Tracking nightmare for sure, and I have not seen an answer to the myriad problems I see here.

I spend a lot of time and effort and do not see rares as it is, with little chance to get what I might see.  I am not the only one who depends upon the fastest/most equipped to get scroll locked and  then compete among the slower/lessor computers.

The teleport would seem to reduce greatly  the "valuable" lineage and rares  that

might be possible to catch on AP.  I get the feeling of a widening gap of the more

dedicated players of cave & forums, versus the limited cave player who may not

be into forums & IRC(whatever it is).

Are my bifocals not seeing things clearly?

The dragon names thing is a bit problematic. I wish it wasn't unlimited. I mean, sure, there's a few mistakes in my dragons' names that I'd like to clean up, but let's not be fickle.

I'm not sure what you mean about Teleport, though. How is it supposed to reduce the value of something? o_O And, as has been stated over (and over and over and over and over...) again by breeders in the Teleport thread, there are so many breeders who drop rare eggs in the AP just for other people to find. Some announce FFAs in the IRC (internet relay chat, since you asked; DC has a channel, so we have an official cave IM system) or on the hatchling/rare egg departure announcement thread; others just drop 'em. Furthermore, quite a few eggs that go through AP trading never actually show up in the AP; I've dropped numerous eggs, then gone to check on their page only still see "Get Code," meaning they were in egg limbo until the person I was trading with/gifting to refreshed again. (I've also lost eggs in trade before, so some do indeed show up on the AP -- but some never do.) I really doubt we'll see a noticeable decrease in rares in the AP.

Oh, and any word on exactly how many biomes there are going to be?

I've heard the number 5 tossed around, but don't take my word for it.

Ugh, want everything NAO. So impatient ;_; My lock only makes my impatience worse!

All this waiting made this image form in my mind:

Most of the population of DC sit around the spot where TJ's secret lair is rumored to be. Some have lit campfires, and others are carrying bags of marshmallows. A number of dragons, mainly Magis, are also sitting around in anticipation (and aiding in the lighting of fires). Every time there is a rustle of leaves, a snap of a twig, everyone stops what they are doing and look around, hoping the great TJ is coming forth with newfangled magic.

xd.png

Most of the population of DC sit around the spot where TJ's secret lair is rumored to be. Some have lit campfires, and others are carrying bags of marshmallows. A number of dragons, mainly Magis, are also sitting around in anticipation (and aiding in the lighting of fires). Every time there is a rustle of leaves, a snap of a twig, everyone stops what they are doing and look around, hoping the great TJ is coming forth with newfangled magic.

xd.png

Those marshmallow's are mine xd.png

I imagine magis and purples would gather around, flapping their wings in anticipation..

xd.png

This is a great image. Lol xd.png

*pokes testers*

Edited by fireball225