TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

All this waiting made this image form in my mind:

Most of the population of DC sit around the spot where TJ's secret lair is rumored to be. Some have lit campfires, and others are carrying bags of marshmallows. A number of dragons, mainly Magis, are also sitting around in anticipation (and aiding in the lighting of fires). Every time there is a rustle of leaves, a snap of a twig, everyone stops what they are doing and look around, hoping the great TJ is coming forth with newfangled magic.

xd.png

Now I want s'mores. . .

I really can't wait for all this new stuff to come out. It all sounds so cool! *glares at her magis and purple who refused to breed*

Most of the population of DC sit around the spot where TJ's secret lair is rumored to be. Some have lit campfires, and others are carrying bags of marshmallows. A number of dragons, mainly Magis, are also sitting around in anticipation (and aiding in the lighting of fires). Every time there is a rustle of leaves, a snap of a twig, everyone stops what they are doing and look around, hoping the great TJ is coming forth with newfangled magic.

xd.png

Hold on, I have an internet around here for you somewhere. *rummages about* Ah, here it is! *wraps it in a pretty bow and delivers it to you on a silver platter*

In other news... SO. IMPATIENT! laugh.gif

What is going to happen to all the lineages if dragons names are changed, especially unlimited times?  Tracking nightmare for sure, and I have not seen an answer to the myriad problems I see here.

Well, this already happens, though. I have had members of my dragons' lineages lose their names (it happens whenever an account is inactive for too long), be released to the wild, or killed. Renaming won't wreak more havoc than those things do.

The teleport would seem to reduce greatly  the "valuable" lineage and rares  that might be possible to catch on AP.

I think you'll find this is a misplaced fear. If your connection isn't very good, then the chance of your grabbing rare eggs that were meant for a trade are very small. You can only steal eggs that are being traded if you have a much better connection than the intended recipient, or if they happen to have terrible luck (i.e. their computer crashes mid-trade.) If you have a bad connection and succeed at getting a rare from the AP, it was probably abandoned there on purpose and you got to it first. That will still happen. :-)

I am not the only one who depends upon the fastest/most equipped to get scroll locked and  then compete among the slower/lessor computers.

It never happens. The best equipped/most dedicated players never stop grabbing the best eggs. They just get other people's passwords, log onto their scrolls and catch for them instead. You could see them posting on Halloween, "Oh, I caught 45 Halloween eggs this morning..." It's just something we all have to work around if we want to catch our own eggs; increased egg limits won't increase the difficulty of catching eggs one bit, any more than decreased egg limits would make it easier.

Edited by tjekan

xd.png

Yes, I keep leaving, or think I'll be leaving, and then, somehow, (teleport?) I am magically back in front of the dumb computer. huh.gif Anyway, here are some chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven. biggrin.gif I hope this helps!

Stop poking me! I'm in the middle of testing things right now! x3

We can't help it tongue.gifxd.png

WB

this put a great image into my head. smile.gif and nao I want s'mores.....

well whattaya know..... TJ's on. HI TJ!! I hope you're having a great day and that you are able to survive the madness!

All I can say is AWESOME!!! Thanks, TJ. Considering I just lost an egg in transfer I can't wait for Teleport and all the other features are fantastic!

You shouldn't have given them permission to poke you.

:B I needed it - I did actually get to testing. :3

::offers cookies, popcorn, and soda to the testers:: Thanks guys!

-noms-

Mm, thanks!

Stop poking me! I'm in the middle of testing things right now! x3

Aww...but you said we could! unsure.gif

Fine, I'll spend my poking on people's eggs instead. Then at least I can pretend I'm doing something useful. tongue.gif Anyone care to join me?

*POKE POKE POKE POKE*

Test faster! xd.png Even if nothing else gets implemented yet, please just give us Teleport before the Holiday dragon breeding season starts! It may be my only chance for a Holly!

Fine, I'll spend my poking on people's eggs instead. Then at least I can pretend I'm doing something useful. tongue.gif Anyone care to join me?

Dude, I'm ALWAYS "poking" people's eggs; why do you think I frequent this thread anyways? XP

*whacks pokers* ok, that's enough. the testers are motivated (poked) enough, anymore and you'll distract them O:<

lol It's like waiting for Black Friday. Fortunately the resulting stampede should only result in a few lagdeaths. xd.png

Edited by Gyps13

:B I needed it - I did actually get to testing. :3

-noms-

Mm, thanks!

Do tell, how is Teleport? =D

do, do, do, do, da, da, da, da. Anything happening yet? How much longer? It's like waiting for christmas morning! I don't like waiting. Pout.

All I want to know is...

Will we be told how the biomes work when they're released, or will it be some super-secret place like the Wilderness that we'll have to find on our own?

I don't know if I'm too hip to the idea of having to scan four or five different Dragon Caves.

www.dragcave.net/desert

www.dragcave.net/lake

www.dragcave.net/temperateforest

www.dragcave.net/littlecaveontheprairie...

:::pullsallhairout:::

All I want to know is...

Will we be told how the biomes work when they're released, or will it be some super-secret place like the Wilderness that we'll have to find on our own?

I don't know if I'm too hip to the idea of having to scan four or five different Dragon Caves.

www.dragcave.net/desert

www.dragcave.net/lake

www.dragcave.net/temperateforest

www.dragcave.net/littlecaveontheprairie...

:::pullsallhairout:::

I bet there will be links in the main cave, or something of the sort. Otherwise, everyone who doesn't use the forum would be very lost.

"little cave on the prairie" lol!

Maaaaan this is too exciting! When will it happen? Wheeeeeen? *bounces around*

While we're waiting, let's actually discuss something.

Obviously, the upgrades will be released in the order they're completed, or some other order that TJ feels is best. But assuming that all the upgrades were ready, but could not be released all at once, what order would you want them released in?

My order is:

1. biomes

2. egg limits

3. refusals

4. Teleport

5. Fertility

6. Rare v Rare breeding

7. Pages

8. Renaming

9. S1 Freezing

10. Vamp Lineages

1. Changed limits