TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

*Sigh* I wish I could get a silver badge. That would be nice.

It's true... all BSA's won't always be 100%.

Edited by Kandycat

soon... very soon. early december is here....

*look at TG*

(edit. TG is too admin to be nudged.)

Edited by sueprin

Getting a gold badge is hard. I fell like it takes forever for the hatchies to grow instead of only 5 days.

WB

I'm not sure I like the idea of biomes...it just seems like it will make it too hard or too easy to get specific dragons.

When they do get added, I wont complain. Who knows, maybe Ill like them!

Getting a gold badge is hard.

I have a gold badge. I am actually hoping we will get a higher badge at some point, like a diamond badge or something. xd.png But it probably won't happen...

Biomes could be like another forum I'm on - the link to "cave" would be called something else - like "Hunt" and that takes you to a page with a list of regions.

But yes - please not using a map...

I kinda hope the "outfit" and design of DC won't change too much. I really love that simple design. It would be pretty sad if DC resembled the so many other adoptables sites... -.- Please keep the old charm alive! *^-^*

Well, I think that they'll be like the wilderness, a description of the place, and the eggs there. Nothing unusual, and to get to them, instead of the main cave, there'd just be links saying " To sea" or " To plains" in the fancy DC font.

....You realise that the Biomes are /replacing/ the Maiin Cave, they won't both be there?

Yeah, I know. I was just saying that we should earn them somehow. It makes it more fun. ^^

Well, I think that they'll be like the wilderness, a description of the place, and the eggs there. Nothing unusual, and to get to them, instead of the main cave, there'd just be links saying " To sea" or " To plains" in the fancy DC font.

I think it'd be cool if there were little icons instead of fancy DC font to take you to the places. And if you didn't know what one was, you could mouse over it and it'd say where it'd take you, like if you mouse over a Magikarp badge it says 'Magikarp'. o3o

@Ashes The Second: People complaining about not being able to get the eggs they want is fun? :P

Looking forward to this but it'll all happen in due time. Rome didn't rise nor fall in a day. And I guess I'll take this opertunity to thank TJ and all the others who work on coding. I just had a web design class and you'd be shocked at just how hard it is to make a simple website, much less anything as complex as dragon cave. Sometimes, all you're missing is one little dang letter to make somthing work...its maddening.

As far as the gold badge limits, was it ever official stated how frozen hatchies affect your count? I found the discussion thread on it and it seemed inconclusive. Some people said they counted, some said they didn't. I'm wondering if it's the ungendered that matter? Especially if we get a tool to keep S1 hatchies. I'm at 504 total dragons with my frozen, but still a silver badge.

Vhale, greg-kennedy com said, you need 4 more dragons/frozen hatchies for gold badge. smile.gif

good luck!

Edited by Absolute

As far as the gold badge limits, was it ever official stated how frozen hatchies affect your count? I found the discussion thread on it and it seemed inconclusive. Some people said they counted, some said they didn't. I'm wondering if it's the ungendered that matter? Especially if we get a tool to keep S1 hatchies. I'm at 504 total dragons with my frozen, but still a silver badge.

The "growing items" doesn't count. The valid dragons are only adults and frozen hatchies. smile.gif

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

Frozen hatchies count. Growing ones and eggs don't.

Hrm... so... about the S1 Hatchies?

If you have something you want to freeze in S1, what are the limitations? 4 frozen hatchies with S1, maybe? I would rather there was a limit to it... ^^

E;

People complaining about not being able to get the eggs they want is fun? tongue.gif {QUOTE]

I just think it would be more fair. He doesn't have to take my idea into account, i just think it would be nice. If you don't like it, don't comment.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Hrm... so... about the S1 Hatchies?

If you have something you want to freeze in S1, what are the limitations? 4 frozen hatchies with S1, maybe? I would rather there was a limit to it... ^^

Er, very unlikely I should think - and not an idea likely to make many people happy. What about the people who want to collect one of each sprite? They'd be stuck picking their four favorite breeds?

I don't really see why there should be a S1 limit, any more than a S2 frozen limit. Unless, of course, it's just a limit to the number frozen within a length of time, as with the S2s.

Er, very unlikely I should think - and not an idea likely to make many people happy. What about the people who want to collect one of each sprite? They'd be stuck picking their four favorite breeds?

I don't really see why there should be a S1 limit, any more than a S2 frozen limit. Unless, of course, it's just a limit to the number frozen within a length of time, as with the S2s.

I meant as a length of time, seeing that they are generally just used up. :|

I wanted to make it fair.

After a 3 day period, something like that? tongue.gif

What's wrong with the current limit - 10 in two weeks total ?

What's wrong with the current limit - 10 in two weeks total ?

Echoing this. We already have so many freezes per week, why tack on another limit to freezing? How is that "fair"?

Also, if you suggest an idea, you will get comments agreeing and disagreeing so saying things like "Don't comment if you don't like it" is very one sided. You are only suggesting things so people can agree with you?

Actually, I just ran your stats and it's 505, but that includes 5 eggs and 3 hatchlings that have yet to grow up. So you need those hatchlings to grow up (or be frozen) first, and then you'll hit the 500 mark. The cave only counts them toward your badge once they stop growing but stay on your scroll, since you theoretically could still trade them away before then.

I wonder what will happen if I use fertility on a rare x rare breeding. Will that be possible? If so, it would drastically decrease the chance of a rare x common rare, since the cave would be "forced" to give rares to those who have rare pairs with purple fertility-angels.

Fertility does not guarantee an egg, especially with a pairing like a rare x rare. It just increases the chances. :3

I can't remember, but it did say at one point that new eggs will drop in all of the biomes when they first come out, correct?

Correct. :3

I'm not sure I like the idea of biomes...it just seems like it will make it too hard or too easy to get specific dragons.

Keep in mind that there are still thousands of active DC players and you'll still be competing against a big number of people to get the eggs you want, so it won't be too easy - you'll still have to be able to quick fast for some of those eggs.

But neither will it make it too hard. With eggs split into biomes, you'll be going through less types of eggs to find the one you're looking for, and it should help bring back commons which have become really hard to find. :3

It's December 4th, so that makes it early December right? right? Oh my I need to calm down or I'll never make it through the Christmas Season. I had to move two silvers in the last two weeks both that were being gifted and, although it all went well, it turns my hair prematurely gray every time i have to make that kind of attempt. Teleport can't come soon enough for me.

Edited by Misha

Keep in mind that there are still thousands of active DC players and you'll still be competing against a big number of people to get the eggs you want, so it won't be too easy - you'll still have to be able to quick fast for some of those eggs.

But neither will it make it too hard. With eggs split into biomes, you'll be going through less types of eggs to find the one you're looking for, and it should help bring back commons which have become really hard to find. :3

Does that include CB Blacks? *Crosses fingers*

Hehe, yes, technically early December, but we still have more days to go before hitting "mid-December", which to me, is the week containing the 5th in the middle >.>

I've learned quite a bit more about DC, so I'm definitely looking forward to more of these features. The re-naming will come in handy, since I need to add Dusk and Thuwed to my Dorkface Lineage Dragon's name. The change in Egg/Hatchling limits will be really nice as well!

I'm not sure really about the whole S1 Freezing thingie 0_o

The biomes sound fun, and may also help reduce some of the lag that accompanies with having so many people going for eggs on one page. Being new, I haven't run across the whole "lag accompanying new releases" mess yet, but I imagine I will here soon.

Hoping to see the re-naming come first. It'll certainly be helpful!