TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Uh, oh! Looks like a few people are getting a wee bit too antsy! Time to calm down people!

I have been reading the posts, and I am with the one's who don't want a map - that's just too.......cutsey. Dragon cave biomes would be best as a map free zone.

Not sure how access to the different biomes will be, but it's fun reading everyone's slant on things.

Well, back to studying for exams - 4 next week, two the week after.

It is nice that TJ updates on these things, mostly b/c I can plan accordingly. I do hope they come AFTER the Christmas dragons...so, there is less confusion at least on my part.

Plan? How can we plan anything when we don't know when it will happen? huh.gif

Personally I would prefer if we had gotten some dates on when the updates will happen - or that they had just suddenly happened without us knowing about it.

All this waiting is making me crazy. xd.png

That said, I really hopes that they don't happen too close to x-mas. It will be crazy enough around here then.

Oh. I have another question: I have a gold badge, so the new limit is 7 eggs/21 total. Does this mean that I can still obtain hatchlings if I have 7 eggs?

Edited by Elisabel

This I agree with- teleport and other upcoming updates will make things easier, and sure we're all excited- but we don't have to be rude about it...

*Now imagining... that if the adults were further into the cave than the egg closer up... what if there was a few "smaller paths" we didn't notice before?... one damp and smelling like the salty ocean... another humid with sweating walls smelling of thick trees and vegetation...*

Hmm cool.gif

OOOH..... "the heat becomes intolerable, and....."

YES !

Was not teasing, was reassuring! X3

Socks is perfectly fine!

Yes, TJ and the artists really have done awesome. And thank you. I shall attempt to go through tomorrow (it's very late here and I should go to bed soon!) and test a slew more things and hopefully turn up some positives and reveal any bugs still going on. :3

Oh yes and before I forget (and please let's all be thankful for them) a HUGE thank you to TJ, the artists and the testers. God Bless and thank you from all the members at DC. smile.gif

Edited by Misha

That would take an image map, which is a pain in the * to code, and more trouble than it's worth for this particular purpose.

Image maps are not all that hard to code. I have done it myself, and I have definitely gotten the impression that TJ knows more about coding than I do.

Oh. I have another question: I have a gold badge, so the new limit is 7 eggs/21 total. Does this mean that I can still obtain hatchlings if I have 7 eggs?

Yup! You can have up to 14 hatchlings at a time with the gold badge, if you have 7 eggs. (I think.)

Edited by Rosieknight

Image maps are not all that hard to code. I have done it myself, and I have definitely gotten the impression that TJ knows more about coding than I do.

Even if he does - he will do what he wants, and I'm sure he has already decided. Socky has already said it all looks awesome.

(I would actually HATE a map like that, not that I would want to tell him what to do, but... It just doesn't have the FEEL of dragoncave.)

And to those who "can't wait", "can't plan" and the rest - why not just assume the cave is going to stay as it is, then - until the day that it - isn't biggrin.gif I'm not stopping playing while I wait, I'm telling you. I shall make sure I have space around holiday dragon time, but other than that - it happens when it happens.

All these changes are long term, and don't stop us doing ANYTHING we have been doing - except for the trading thing.

I am with the people who agree that its better that the new features are as bug-free as possible, even if it takes longer. Its better to do it right, than do it fast.

lol I had a dream last night where all the new features came out... I think I'm getting a little too obsessed with the internet.

I hope that new egg limits and BSAs come out first. But I couldn't really care, as it all sounds awesome. I'm still trying my best to be patient. After all, it was only a MAY come out in early December.

I have a question with the bioms and what is truly considered rare and all of that. Things like Pinks and Sunsets/Sunrises are rare only becouse of the ratios right now but they were meant to be common, the bioms should help bring them back to common status. But I was wondering about stripes were they intended to be rare dragons or are they accidental rares like pinks and now the march maddness eggs?

Stripes aren't rare since they will breed with rares. I think they were uncommon; maybe even common. Hopefully the biomes will see them placed somewhere different from the Spitfires so we can find them easier.

Edited by Sir Barton

Come on we are talking to you

any one esle

Come on we are talking to you

No, it's only you acting like this.

Have you ever even coded anything in your life? Have you ever tested anything for bugs?

I just realized just how stupid some of my dragon names are...and I will glad for renaming to finally be here. My Valentine dragon is certainly getting a rename along with probably all my flamingos and several stripes. Now I kinda like that naming is unlimited ._.

I got my gold badge this morning smile.gif

And as much as I'd love these new features to start appearing, I certainly would far rather wait for all the testing to be done and until TJ and the testers are confident things are as spot-on as they can be. And if that means waiting until next year, so be it. Far better to be sure than to end up with lots and lots of problems.

I'll be happy for re-naming too. I've got some that need changing...

The OP says "Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it." Will there eventually be an option to remove names altogether?

I'll be happy for re-naming too. I've got some that need changing...

The OP says "Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it." Will there eventually be an option to remove names altogether?

You could call it unnamed 1, 2, 3 ... but why would you want nameless draggies ? Just curious...

He said they MAY appear in December. And would anyone here who's shrieking (which is rude and if I were TJ I might take my ball home !) REALLY want the cave to fall over for weeks if it all went pearshaped ? Christmas will be hell without teleport - no more so than previous holidays. CHILL, people, read a good book. There is life out here. Have you all done your Christmas shopping ?

Haven't really been following the thread, but it does see people need to calm down. Things will happen when they happen, and whining will not make it happen sooner. We're only five days into December, there's still plenty of time left. Reading a good book is a good idea. I'm in the middle of Paradise Lost, myself. I should really get back to that.

Who all's doing the beta testing, btw? I know Sock is, but how many total?

I wonder... Will some changes appear later today or tomorrow? I'm kinda sick of waiting, I just finished reading a book and don't have any other ones so i'll be found in a corner waitng until the changes appear.

I would love that the new limits were ready before xmas..! Imagine that... biggrin.gif

we can adopt lot's of hatchlings, and (in my case) 5 eggs! =D

"You decide that the 4 Hatchlings are more you can handle..." - blah blah. I'm so tired of reading that sentence.

When will the new limits arrive? ...

Wait, I don't really get it, I have silver badge and 461 dragons atm, but I could catch 5 eggs and breed the 6th or? and what does it mean '18 total'?

Edited by Reginea9

Wait, I don't really get it, I have silver badge and 461 dragons atm, but I could catch 5 eggs and breed the 6th or? and what does it mean '18 total'?

You can breed or catch any combination of 6 eggs, but no more than that. The remaining 12 from the 18 total are all the hatchie slots you have open.

Everyone needs to YouTube Lewis Black's "Anticipation" Stand-up Skit, it matches this situation exactly laugh.gif Warning, it is Lewis Black so it for adults only (strong language and sexual content possible)

I am now up to 434 dragons, at the rate I'm going I should be to 500 or really close once the new limits get set. Once s1 freezing gets set I will go on a hatchling rampage hahaha It will finally be possible for me to complete my scroll without pulling my hair out like a mad woman. BTW, is there any talk to upping the freeze "cooldown" limit with the s1 freezing? Surely people will be freezing more often now and a bigger limit would be very useful, and I'm sure people would still run out.

I'm also trying to come up with some form of naming-theme so I can use "find" to quickly get to a set of certain dragons. Right now only 25% of my dragons are named, so I could go ahead and name some of them with the theme, if I knew what it was going to be LOL.

Plenty to do while patiently waiting for the bugs to be worked out! I am all for bug-testing, most annoying thing is running into bugs on a game. Waiting is so much easier.

Edited by MollyElizbeth

That would take an image map, which is a pain in the * to code, and more trouble than it's worth for this particular purpose.

oh, i didn't mean a map in it's self. but separate images on the front page. but maybe without the drooping landmass underneath. smile.gif