TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I wonder if the page option will enable you to hide pages. I would like someplace to put failed Neglect and vampire bite experiments where no one can see them. Failed zombies too it's embarrashing and saddening to see dead pixals...

You won't be able to hide pages, because pages are specific to users, not to scrolls. If you set the number of dragons per page to 20, then every scroll you view will have 20 dragons per page, even if the scroll's owner has their viewing options set to 283 dragons per page.

I wonder if the page option will enable you to hide pages. I would like someplace to put failed Neglect and vampire bite experiments where no one can see them. Failed zombies too it's embarrashing and saddening to see dead pixals...

I would think that would defeat the purpose of the dead egg staying on your scroll for 2 weeks (it's 2 weeks right?), if you could just hide them and pretend it never happened. It stays for a reason. And it's very helpful for trading, too... People want to know if you have any dead dragons on your scroll.

I want Teleport and Egg Limits implemented first, or at least not last xd.png

As for the WoW release, I am soooo behind, I haven't even gotten Lich King yet, I haven't played in months rolleyes.gif I go through phases of being obsessed.

I never go through phases with DC though laugh.gif

I dunno, but the Cave is empty. blink.gif

What caught my attention was when the cave dropped down to only 2 available eggs... I saw it change to 6 for Halloween, but 2 was new for me...

Not usually. During releases, of course, but not often otherwise. Usually when it does, they have to poke TJ to fix it.

If we are going to have renaming, surely we will be able to have creatures with the same name?

With the amount of users on here, dragons breeds available, and multiples of a type, naming dragons is getting to be nearly impossible. And I never understood the restriction of unique names anyway. I'm not the only Jessica in existence by far.

If we are going to have renaming, surely we will be able to have creatures with the same name?

With the amount of users on here, dragons breeds available, and multiples of a type, naming dragons is getting to be nearly impossible. And I never understood the restriction of unique names anyway. I'm not the only Jessica in existence by far.

My guess is the naming restriction is because the dragon's name becomes their new URL. You can still get to them by using their code, but it redirects to /n/(name of dragon).

So changing the requirement for unique names would require a change in how their url is formed. Probably restrict it to just their code, regardless of whether the dragon has a name or not. But I don't know if there are any plans for that.

I could be wrong, but I think it's because names get attached to a dragon's code. So if someone was to look for a dragon named PuffTheMagicDragon (sorry, first name that came to mind! laugh.gif ) and they type in view/n/PuffTheMagicDragon, it's going to confuse the system if that dragon name is on multiple scrolls. Make sense?

Of course, I could be completely off base with this theory...

I think the unique names are a coding issue. But who knows what will change with renaming.

Not usually. During releases, of course, but not often otherwise. Usually when it does, they have to poke TJ to fix it.

Ahh, I see. Thanks smile.gif

Kinda makes you wonder if he's adding something >.> I'll still continue to remain patient, although I'm anxious to see how all these changes look on the site and such.

I could be wrong, but I think it's because names get attached to a dragon's code. So if someone was to look for a dragon named PuffTheMagicDragon (sorry, first name that came to mind! laugh.gif ) and they type in view/n/PuffTheMagicDragon, it's going to confuse the system if that dragon name is on multiple scrolls. Make sense?

Of course, I could be completely off base with this theory...

Oh, yeah. No, you and the others are right. I'd forgotten that strange coding measure.

Of course, it changes nothing in terms of how hard its going to be naming things, ESPECIALLY with all the renaming going on. You'll want to change your dragon's name, find out it's taken, and, who knows, try to change it back and realize someone already took it renaming THEIRS.

Though I personally always found it to be extremely low and irritating when someone took a name already used just by adding another space. Midas Dorkface is taken, okay? No reason to name yours Midas Dorkface and pretend you have the real one. (Yes, this has happened, multiple times.)

It would be nice, however, to have some popular names that are already taken. Oh, well. I still managed all this time, I guess.

Of course, it changes nothing in terms of how hard its going to be naming things, ESPECIALLY with all the renaming going on. You'll want to change your dragon's name, find out it's taken, and, who knows, try to change it back and realize someone already took it renaming THEIRS.

I doubt it's going to work that way -- most likely, the name won't change unless you successfully convert to the new name.

It'd be rather silly any other way...

I have a name for each breed dragon and i put a normal name in front of it, starting letter depending of the gen (but i messed it up alot.png of times and am glad i will be able to fix those)

I have a name for each breed dragon and i put a normal name in front of it, starting letter depending of the gen (but i messed it up alot.png of times and am glad i will be able to fix those)

My naming system is very similar. I messed up the breed name on one of my dragons, though... I can't wait until I can fix it.

...still want Teleport more, though. ^^

I've tried to avoid name collisions simply by giving most of my dragons exotic-sounding names. I've generally followed a convention that makes the names of dragons of the same breed similar.

I've been giving my water dragons names that "make sense", but because they're descended from a dragon I found abandoned from the famous Dorkface lineage, those names have a distinctive suffix (I declined to spell out their famous name, but I did indicate the lineage).

Do we sound like a load of children who know Christmas is sometime this week but don't remember the exact date and keep checking the tree to see if any presents have appeared? laugh.gif

Do we sound like a load of children who know Christmas is sometime this week but don't remember the exact date and keep checking the tree to see if any presents have appeared? laugh.gif

Maybe so xd.png

But well, who wonders? Those features are just too awesome.

I think the unique names are a coding issue. But who knows what will change with renaming.

I don't think anything will change. You just choose a new name (like naming an unnamed one ^^). If it's already taken you have to try again. So no big deal I think.. ^^

Ahh... S1 Hatch Freeze.. please come soon... >.< I messed up with the UVs again... >.<

Edited by Belisar