TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Something like "forest" or "mountains" maybe could be a sort of catch-all for dragons that haven't got a real specific habitat. I'm wondering how it will work for skywing and that sort of flying dragons.. will we go up in the air to catch them? lol

Considering when TJ usually releases new eggs/features that have no set time is generally on the weekends, I wouldn't be surprised if something was released this weekend.

Speculaaation~

Something like "forest" or "mountains" maybe could be a sort of catch-all for dragons that haven't got a real specific habitat. I'm wondering how it will work for skywing and that sort of flying dragons.. will we go up in the air to catch them? lol

Mmm, I wouldn't be surprised if air-based ones often wind up having nests in the mountains. :3

Im still holding my breath for these new changes!! Hope something happens this weekend... smile.gif

Im still holding my breath for these new changes!! Hope something happens this weekend... smile.gif

Ditto! biggrin.gif I keep checking the Cave and this forum every day.

Mmm, I wouldn't be surprised if air-based ones often wind up having nests in the mountains. :3

Except that there are some that specifically live in the mountains, and I think that they'd be kept separate...

I don't know, we'll just have to wait and find out.

I can't wait!

As I continue to constantly spazz and refresh at midnight, I'm beginning to suspect that TJ might just wait for next week entirely... as the Christmas Breeding Frenzy will plunge us all into madness.

O.O ......*waits patiently* though, i wondering if there will be a noticeable difference to the cave? a total revamp? i mean....these Biomes would have to be all separate links and theres hardly room at the top where it has 'Cave'; 'Scroll'; 'Forums'; etc.

*dreams of a colourful cave* wacko.gif

O.O ......*waits patiently* though, i wondering if there will be a noticeable difference to the cave? a total revamp? i mean....these Biomes would have to be all separate links and theres hardly room at the top where it has 'Cave'; 'Scroll'; 'Forums'; etc.

*dreams of a colourful cave* wacko.gif

I am wondering if the bioms will be like a video game with a map of the "land" at the opening and then clicking on the appropriate area for the different bioms. Like some sort of giant contenent with all the different habitats

I am wondering if the bioms will be like a video game with a map of the "land" at the opening and then clicking on the appropriate area for the different bioms. Like some sort of giant contenent with all the different habitats

I really hope not. That just seems too...I dunno...young? The only games I know that involve that are for really young kids.

Plus, it's just not dragon cave-y

Maybe biome scroll links hidden in random places, and you can only get the.. i dunno, when you have a certain # of dragons on your scroll? Say... 20, to make sure your committed? :3 And they will all appear when you have more dragons? I dunno, just throwing this out there. wink.gif

The eggs have little wings on them and you have to chase them with a butterfly net. =D

The eggs have little wings on them and you have to chase them with a butterfly net. =D

On a broomstick.

On a broomstick.

"It's not just a broomstick Harry! It's a Nimbus 2000!"

Dunno, just popped in my head when you said that.

/shot for off topicness

Again:

(_Z_ @ Dec 2 2010, 08:01 AM)

Alright it appears this topic has turned into a chat topic, Chat topics are not allowed.

Everyone off topic, not posting a question or appropriate answer, will be warned if necessary.

I really hope not. That just seems too...I dunno...young? The only games I know that involve that are for really young kids.

Plus, it's just not dragon cave-y

yeah that makes total sense. i guess if it gets too out of hand it will change the appeal of the game some.

and still, my imagination shows vivid lands of rainbow-y goodness...*smacks self* er... maybe just links off to the side. xd.png

The DC looking like a game and a map?

That would look awesome, but I doubt that it will look that way.

I had something in mind, that on the front page stay sentences like "If you go north, you will..." perhaps.

Just a Biome speculation xd.png

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Biomes could be like another forum I'm on - the link to "cave" would be called something else - like "Hunt" and that takes you to a page with a list of regions.

But yes - please not using a map...

Maybe biome scroll links hidden in random places, and you can only get the.. i dunno, when you have a certain # of dragons on your scroll? Say... 20, to make sure your committed? :3 And they will all appear when you have more dragons? I dunno, just throwing this out there. wink.gif

....You realise that the Biomes are /replacing/ the Maiin Cave, they won't both be there?

I wonder what will happen if I use fertility on a rare x rare breeding. Will that be possible? If so, it would drastically decrease the chance of a rare x common rare, since the cave would be "forced" to give rares to those who have rare pairs with purple fertility-angels.

I imagine jumping on DC one morning, going to the front page, and instead of the regular cave, there are pics of all the different biome regions, then once you click on one, then you see the three eggs...I'm sure whatever TJ comes up with will be really cool...I just hope teleport proves easy to use, and not something complicated that this old dog will have a hard time with! ha ha wink.gif Here that, TJ? Remember us old dogs on here that have a hard time learning new tricks! hee hee xd.png I think I read that it involves some kind of code? Ah well, I'm sure we'll all figure it out well enough! smile.gif I've waited for teleport for so long, I'm determined to learn it one way or the other!

I wonder what will happen if I use fertility on a rare x rare breeding. Will that be possible? If so, it would drastically decrease the chance of a rare x common rare, since the cave would be "forced" to give rares to those who have rare pairs with purple fertility-angels.

The BSA will NOT be 100% - so - not entirely so ! "Increases the chance" I think it said...

I hope navigating around the cave with the new biomes won't be too confusing.

I can't remember, but it did say at one point that new eggs will drop in all of the biomes when they first come out, correct?

Maybe this will help stop lag when new eggs are released.