TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I'm thinking about a map like this: map, on every place it's written what kind of place it is and the name itself it's the link to it. I like this idea, but everything TJ thought will be fine for me. smile.gif

Seriously, (to those suggesting that we shouldn't be eager for these fabulous improvements, or state that we are) can you imagine how TJ and the others working so hard on all these marvelous new updates would feel if we were all totally blase about them and there was no excited discussion and voiced anticipation regarding them?

If we don't tell them here, on this thread, how will they know how deeply impressed we are with their planning, consideration and efforts and with the prospect of changes on which - amazingly - in many cases, (if, obviously, not all) almost everyone can (overall) agree?

Feedback also involves people mentioning perceived prospective problems or personal expectations, things that the designers and testers may well wish to take into account, or not, as the case may be.

The degree to which these alterations are generally desired, and any need for potential tweaks and ideal general direction may (or may not, as the case may be) be approximated using input from this thread.

Restricting comment to vague murmurings of generic approval for these with no mention of eagerness for any particular updates or hope for their prompt appearance could result in an entirely deceptive impression.

And, frankly, if we don't talk about here, we'll probably burst, lol.

And again, I'd like to thank TJ and everyone involved in this - you guys are all amazing and I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say - will you guys all marry all of us?

As soon as our individually favoured alterations are in place?

Very well put! I 2nd that!

Of course we want them to take their time, and try to make the changes as bug-free and smooth as possible, but, I agree that they also benefit from knowing how excited we are!

Lady A.

I completely agree! I hope that everyone who is working on this project understands how excited we are to see the changes and how grateful we are for them to be making the site as interesting and loveable as ever. They can have as much time as they need to fix all of the bugs if it means that the result is a smooth transition and a new, awesome cave! laugh.gif

Keep up the hard work... we're so excited for the changes and grateful for all the hard work you're putting into this! smile.gif

OK - I am very excited and really looking forward to it all- but will NOT be impatient and try and rush poor TJ smile.gif

I shall marry TJ. As SOON as I am old enough. tongue.gif

Seriously, (to those suggesting that we shouldn't be eager for these fabulous improvements, or state that we are) can you imagine how TJ and the others working so hard on all these marvelous new updates would feel if we were all totally blase about them and there was no excited discussion and voiced anticipation regarding them?

If we don't tell them here, on this thread, how will they know how deeply impressed we are with their planning, consideration and efforts and with the prospect of changes on which - amazingly - in many cases, (if, obviously, not all) almost everyone can (overall) agree?

Very nicely put. So let me speak out right now:

I'm very, very excited for the changes! But, I like many others, do not wish to make TJ and the others feel stressed about getting these out ASAP, or feel like this is hurting their real-life scheduales. I think it was Sock that mentioned 8 papers and finals coming up? That's quite a load, and add DC testing on top of that... ouch.

The changes will be awesome, and they will last. We can make do with what we have until they're all ready.

Tl;dr: Yay for change! laugh.gif But I don't want to cause anymore stress than nessacary wink.gif

I shall marry TJ. As SOON as I am old enough. tongue.gif

Pft, forget TJ. I wanna marry a Magi. It can teleport me places.

/pokes testers to test faster take a break

o3o

Oh. I have another question: I have a gold badge, so the new limit is 7 eggs/21 total. Does this mean that I can still obtain hatchlings if I have 7 eggs?

Yep, you could! I had a quote by TJ about that which I could probably dig up again if need be. ^^

I'll be happy for re-naming too. I've got some that need changing...

The OP says "Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it." Will there eventually be an option to remove names altogether?

Well, the first post does make it seem like TJ is open to the idea, but who knows what will happen? :3 As far as I know, there aren't plans for that at the moment, anyway.

You could call it unnamed 1, 2, 3 ... but why would you want nameless draggies ? Just curious...

Speaking for myself - because maybe you don't like some of your names, but aren't sure what else to name them. Just easier to remove the name and let them sit while you think on a new name. ^^

Who all's doing the beta testing, btw? I know Sock is, but how many total?

Not sure on actual numbers, but there's a fair number of testers. All the mods and a few artists and a few other random people who help out and so who get to be beta testers, too. :3

Wait, I don't really get it, I have silver badge and 461 dragons atm, but I could catch 5 eggs and breed the 6th or? and what does it mean '18 total'?

It means 18 total growing dragons. So you could have six eggs and twelve hatchlings or three eggs and fifteen hatchlings or zero eggs and eighteen hatchlings, or ect. But the limits posted now for eggs are whatever mix of bred and grabbed eggs you decide on. If the limit is six eggs, there won't be any more breeding for a seventh; you'll have to settle for grabbing hatchlings until you're un-egg-locked again. :3

If that rambling made sense...

Oh. I have another question: I have a gold badge, so the new limit is 7 eggs/21 total. Does this mean that I can still obtain hatchlings if I have 7 eggs?

4/12 (no trophy)

0 eggs & 12 hatchlings = 12 total

4 eggs & 8 hatchlings = 12 total

or any combination in between that equals 12 total as long as you do NOT go over 4 eggs.

5/15 (bronze trophy)

0 eggs & 15 hatchlings = 15 total

5 eggs & 10 hatchlings = 15 total

or any combination in between that equals 15 total as long as you do NOT go over 5 eggs.

6/18 (silver trophy)

0 eggs & 18 hatchlings = 18 total

6 eggs & 12 hatchlings = 18 total

or any combination in between that equals 18 total as long as you do NOT go over 6 eggs.

7/21 (gold trophy)

0 eggs & 21 hatchlings = 21 total

7 eggs & 14 hatchlings = 21 total

or any combination in between that equals 21 total as long as you do NOT go over 7 eggs.

Pft, forget TJ. I wanna marry a Magi. It can teleport me places.

/pokes testers to test faster take a break

o3o

Pfft...i will marry TJ thank you! for he can make that and many, many things happen! xd.png

Thanks for trying to help WraithZephyr. smile.gif But I just wanted to know if a 7th egg would make me scroll-locked - or if I could still obtain hatchlings while having 7 eggs on my scroll.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Thanks for the answer Sock. smile.gif

Lineages will FINALLY work! Heaven really has descended to earth!

Edit:

WrathZephyr's guide answered my unasked question. I was sort of thinking that, but I wasn't sure.

BLISS

Edited by hotbottleo'water1

I can't decide which of the new features I'm more excited about, and there's a lot of questions too...

New limits: Sound great even though I'm not close to any badges (if I can handle 4 eggs and three hatchies, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to handle any more eggs if all I have is 4 hatchies...)

But then again I presume I'll still be grabbing/breeding all I can so will still be locked most of the time laugh.gif

Fertility: sounds useful but I'm wondering what will be the consequences for the successrate of non-fertility breeding and amount of cave-dropping of popular breeds. Won't they go down in order to keep ratio's?

Locations: The biomes sound cool and I hope they will make hunting for a specific CB easier. Will there be a list of which dragons are to be found where, or will it be trial and error at first?

Rare x Rare breeding: I'm not sure... Same concern about the amount of cave-dropping as with fertility, or will they just be extremely hard to breed, or will they produce other types of eggs (and if so, how are they determined?)

Refusals in breeding list: handy, nothing more, nothing less...

Renaming: yay! I've only been collecting for a few weeks, and allready I would like to be able to rename, as now I've thought of a naming scheme that should help me organise a bit even when there's a lot of dragons on my scroll.

S1 freezing: doesn't appeal to me, as personally I don't want to freeze dragons, I want to see them grow big and strong... I do understand how great it will be for collectors though.

Scroll pages: might be nice later on, not really necessary yet biggrin.gif

Teleport: Great! I don't feel like trading when it is necessary to be online at the same time and risky, but Teleport should fix that. I've already grabbed me 3 CB Magi's, hopefully there will be a pair there so I can breed more if needed.

Vampire lineages: not really for me at the moment, but I can see why people would want lineages to show the Vampire side of a lineage too.

So, if I could choose a feature to be implemented first, it would either be renaming, teleport or the new limits.

Untill we see the first changes, we can only wait patiently and hope testing goes well and not too many bugs crawl to the surface.

tongue.gif Maybe the betatesters can enlighten us as to which features seem bugless so far and which will need to have more work done on them? tongue.gif

mad.gif *scolding myself* Fengari you just said it yourself: wait patiently mad.gif

unsure.gif sorry... unsure.gif

Locations: The biomes sound cool and I hope they will make hunting for a specific CB easier. Will there be a list of which dragons are to be found where, or will it be trial and error at first?

Not sure. I'm guessing trial and error, but if TJ makes an announcement when he puts it up, there might be a list in the news topic.

Rare x Rare breeding: I'm not sure... Same concern about the amount of cave-dropping as with fertility, or will they just be extremely hard to breed, or will they produce other types of eggs (and if so, how are they determined?)

Extremely hard to breed, as they are now. A rare x rare pairing won't make it easier to get a rare. ^^

Scroll pages: might be nice later on, not really necessary yet :D

Whatever you set your scroll page number at is what it shows up for everyone's scroll, so it could prove useful even if you don't have a lot of dragons, if you click on others' scrolls a lot. ;3

Maybe the betatesters can enlighten us as to which features seem bugless so far and which will need to have more work done on them?

Not really. X3 One I thought would be pretty bugless I just discovered a bug in, so it's really hard to answer this. I wouldn't want to get hopes up for certain features and then discover bugs in them and it doesn't come as soon as people think it might. :3

Not really. X3 One I thought would be pretty bugless I just discovered a bug in, so it's really hard to answer this. I wouldn't want to get hopes up for certain features and then discover bugs in them and it doesn't come as soon as people think it might. :3

Completely understandable ofcourse. I never really expected a positive answer to that one biggrin.gif

Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway! (although, shouldn't you be testing instead of stalking the forum? laugh.gif Just kidding offcourse!)

Your efforts to keep this impatient lot satisfied are very much appreciated!

I suddenly thought of a question re: the fertility bsa. How much statistically would it help a regular breeding i.e. common to common 5%, 10%, 15%? Or do we know at all? And how much would it increase the chances of a rare to rare breeding? I assume that the success of the bsa would drop as they are rares but do we know by how much? Dying to know. wink.gif

I suddenly thought of a question re: the fertility bsa. How much statistically would it help a regular breeding i.e. common to common 5%, 10%, 15%? Or do we know at all? And how much would it increase the chances of a rare to rare breeding? I assume that the success of the bsa would drop as they are rares but do we know by how much? Dying to know. wink.gif

I have a question about that BSA too: Must I use it on both dragons, or is it sufficient to use fertility on just one of the dragons I wish to breed?

When I use the BSA on both dragons, will there be any effect?

Fertility

* Purple BSA increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully.

* Does not alter the chance of getting a specific breed of egg.

* Two week cooldown

Rare x Rare breeding

* Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

* gold x gold has the same chance of producing a gold egg as gold x pink, so this won't make rares super-easy to get.

Is the official post.

As for % who knows.

The BSA just increases the chance of getting a EGG not what type, as far as i can tell smile.gif

Maybe you can use Fertility only on one gender, thus making it impossible to "double-fertilize" a specific pair?

I imagine that you click a purple's BSA and it shows you all dragons of one gender that are currently available for breeding. You chose the dragon you would like to fertilize. This takes you to the chosen dragon's breeding-page and you can chose the dragon you want it to breed with like you normally do.

But that's just what I think it could look like wink.gif

Edited by TanzendeFee

I have a question about that BSA too: Must I use it on both dragons, or is it sufficient to use fertility on just one of the dragons I wish to breed?

When I use the BSA on both dragons, will there be any effect?

As far as I'm able to tell, using it on both dragons is just kind of redundant. o3o

I was so excited the other day when I thought I'd picked up an egg with four hatchies.

Two of them were frozen. >.<

I was so excited the other day when I thought I'd picked up an egg with four hatchies.

Two of them were frozen. >.<

lol, that must of been killer. advantage of having your adults hid on you scroll. you just pop on over to the link and all you eggs and hatchlings are right there regardless of where they are on your scroll..

Pfft...i will marry TJ thank you! for he can make that and many, many things happen! xd.png

Because obviously he's going to happily marry some stranger on the internet he's never met in his life who's creepily obsessed with marrying him for the purpose of getting cool stuff on a dragon adoptables site.

But back on topic, although I don't like teleport because it's limited and dependent on a certain species of dragon rather than a site feature, I am looking forward to other updates, particularly the new egg/hatchie limits.

Because obviously he's going to happily marry some stranger on the internet he's never met in his life who's creepily obsessed with marrying him for the purpose of getting cool stuff on a dragon adoptables site.

But back on topic, although I don't like teleport because it's limited and dependent on a certain species of dragon rather than a site feature, I am looking forward to other updates, particularly the new egg/hatchie limits.

xd.png obviously i was joking along with everyone else! why would i marry a total stranger off the internet? thats just silly! rolleyes.gif

the thing i like most is the Teleport and the Biomes. it will be nice to gift people and receive them without losing it. and i cant wait to see what the 'new' cave is like. my imagination is going nuts! though im trying my best to wait patiently, i wish it would happen soon. not sure how long i could hold out.

Edited by socrates