TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

And I was wondering about Fertility.

If I remember right, it was said that the effect of the fertility just worns off if the Pairs refuse, wasn't it?

Means, if you have a pair that always bred and you fertilize both, so they breed again and again and they won't refuse because they always bred, does that mean the effect will never wear off?

People,people!! Just act as if...as if you are grown enough that DC isnt the CENTER of your life..you DO have..uhh..OTHER things(like X-mas craziness)to be doing ..besides acting like hyper 6 year olds with a new playhouse coming soon..or..do you?

Its gonna happen slowly,and surely it WILL begin to happen,but its NOT an "EVENT DROP" where you will 'miss' something if not on the spot right away..dont want to miss being the first to use the new purple "breeding BSA"!!

Really..this is ..too much wierdness..even for DC!

Rockin' On

Act olike its just a cool option that will be here soon,& EVERYONE will have plenty of time(forever) to alk about & get used to all the stuff you all are stressing over..man,what alot.png of stress,too!

You know what - if you are locked and frustrated now and waiting for the new limits - well, give it time. THEN you will still be locked - just with MORE stuff waiting to grow up biggrin.gif

TELEPORT is the big one ! (and renaming, oh my poor boys with girly names !)

Whew... I almost abandoned some of my dragons because of their names...

Because of the breeding schedule I hold to, I'm rarely ever locked, and when I am it's usually only for an hour or two. But I wouldn't mind being able to grab more eggs so, with a Silver Badge/Trophy, I'm looking forward to the new limits.

If I remember right, it was said that the effect of the fertility just worns off if the Pairs refuse, wasn't it?

Means, if you have a pair that always bred and you fertilize both, so they breed again and again and they won't refuse because they always bred, does that mean the effect will never wear off?

I think the fertility BSA will only be good for one breeding attempt. I don't know if you can, or need to, use it on both dragons in a pair.

Yeah, it would have to wear off after breeding, because any pair that didn't refuse to begin with should never refuse, so otherwise it would be pretty much permanent. Is there a time limit to how soon we have to breed the dragons it was used on before it wears off, though?

I really wonder if the coding of names will change if people are allowed to change them anytime. I mean if Dragons can still be opened via their name.

Are you guys getting brain cramps yet? I was tracking his topic to keep up on new events/possible things that were found out,etc;..bu after all the mail from DC that is 3/4ths from THIS thread ALONE..and mostly all just repeated questions to everyone else whos just as clue-less as everybody else(including myself),I feel like a dog chasing its tail..or worse yet..watching other dogs chasing non-existent tails..Im not gonna sweat it,and tracking this thread is useless..its just endless speculation/chat... xd.png

Rockin' On

good luck..Happy Yule to All!No mean ness intended..just frustration at my tons of DC mail ALL from this thread.. rolleyes.gifcool.gif

Alright it appears this topic has turned into a chat topic, Chat topics are not allowed.

Everyone off topic, not posting a question or appropriate answer, will be warned if necessary.

Reminder:

What will happen if you are locked and still use teleport?

If you try to receive a gift while locked, you shouldn't be able to, as you're locked. I would assume if you're trading enough eggs to get you unlocked and not put you above lock, it would let you, but I suppose that's something I should test. o3o

Fertility doesn't affect pairings that are refusals - if a pair is going to refuse, you can't make them breed with fertility - and, AFAIK fertility should wear off after you breed the dragon once. Fertility also doesn't guarantee an egg, just gives greater chances.

If that doesn't answer your question, I apologize. I'm a little unclear on what you're asking. ^^

I thought Fertility was only good for one breeding... o_0

It is , but you could use it again on the same pair after the cooldown( 2 weeks I believe)

My question, If you use Fertility and the couple refuses will there still be the cooldown?

Or could you use it again right away?

ETA: Might be nice to have links to the appropriate BSA threads on the first page- but I guess only TJ could edit for that dry.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

It is , but you could use it again on the same pair after the cooldown( 2 weeks I believe)

My question, If you use Fertility and the couple refuses will there still be the cooldown?

Or could you use it again right away?

you would probably still have to wait for the cooldown

I'm just hoping that dragons with the same description end up in different biomes! I've been trying to catch some of the older pinks forever, and all I ever end up with are flamingo's! I don't even see bred pinks anymore! sad.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm just hoping that dragons with the same description end up in different biomes! I've been trying to catch some of the older pinks forever, and all I ever end up with are flamingo's! I don't even see bred pinks anymore! sad.gif

I believe Socky already said that this would be the case. Or at least hinted that it would be. So hopefully pinks and flamingos will be in different areas, the same for spitefires and stripes. We'll just have to wait and see smile.gif

Oh sweet! Thanks so much for the info, I didn't see Socky's post! smile.gif That would be very nice indeed! biggrin.gif I'm about tired of locking with flamingo's now...it'll be nice to get some regular old pinks in their new home! If it goes down that way that is... lol

If you try to receive a gift while locked, you shouldn't be able to, as you're locked. I would assume if you're trading enough eggs to get you unlocked and not put you above lock, it would let you, but I suppose that's something I should test. o3o

Fertility doesn't affect pairings that are refusals - if a pair is going to refuse, you can't make them breed with fertility - and, AFAIK fertility should wear off after you breed the dragon once. Fertility also doesn't guarantee an egg, just gives greater chances.

If that doesn't answer your question, I apologize. I'm a little unclear on what you're asking. ^^

This clarifies some things for me as well. Thanks Sock! biggrin.gif

So, what happens with eggs we don't have a clear "theme" for, like the pinks, stripes, splits, blacks, etc? Will there be a sort of "assorted" biome, or will they be placed according to information about them that isn't general knowledge?

Edited by FireAngel73

I think it has been said that the artists have had some input, so their placement is probably based at least partly on the artist's concept that is not really common knowledge.