TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I'd definitely rather wait longer then have them come out with lots of bugs and glitches.

I'm still very curious about the biomes, because despite all the explanations I can't quite picture how it's going to happen.

i keep seeing a -not quite a map- but like, old pictures in sepia tones depicting the different areas with a description below. you'd enter the area and it would be like the usual cave with the added tone of the surrounding region.

TJ, what must I do to bribe you to release them early??? I has cake... (ke ke ke)

THE CAKE IS A LIE.

edit: Awww.. I was just being funny. sad.gif

and i got a warning...

sorry...

Edited by MidnightAngelFox

Something I thought of while considering the new features.

To me, the fact that there will soon be diversity of lands, instead of just one cave - it almost feels like TJ is getting bigger servers (or better hosting, however one wants to call it) to banish the LagMonster...

Also the fact that he is including a feature of renaming our dragons - that's also indicative of a bigger server.

Moving everything to a bigger server is gonna be a hassle, but a welcome hassle, I would think.

I think that's a hidden feature, so to speak - hidden side effect, more accurately.

Actually, if I think of each feature - each one calls for more server space due to the usage of the features.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I don't want TJ to be beholden to a specific date - too many risks of bugs if beholden to a date then releasing it on that date without enough testing. Or having to release later and then causing everybody to be in an uproar.

Features will come out when they're ready to come out. Hassling TJ and his minions will just keep delaying him and his minions who're doing the work and testing. Patience is a virtue, after all.

Just some thoughts of a few things regarding the features. smile.gif

It is never necessary to be rude, we are working on it.

(_Z_ @ Dec 2 2010, 08:01 AM)

Alright it appears this topic has turned into a chat topic, Chat topics are not allowed.

Everyone off topic, not posting a question or appropriate answer, will be warned if necessary.

TJ stop f&****^%%$ with everyone either do it or not,tell us the date for releases  cant be much trouble to you

I'm pretty sure the reason he didn't give us a date is because he doesn't know. The stuff's in testing now, and if it ends up being full of glitches he has to fix that'll mean delays. I guess he could give us a date before the testing's done, but that would mean either giving a date far enough into the future that he's sure he'd be able to fix any problem that could crop up (which would mean, if the bugs weren''t that bad, he'd have to hold onto it until the date he'd said, meaning we'd have to wait longer), picking a closer date and then risk missing it if there are too many bugs, or releasing it before it's really ready and having us find the bugs, with all the chaos that entails. I do kind of wish he hadn't said anything until they were ready to be released, but he did, so now we just have to be patient. It's certainly nothing to get all nasty about.

TJ stop f&****^%%$ with everyone either do it or not,tell us the date for releases  cant be much trouble to you

=\

We are working on testing bugs and figuring out all the things we even should be testing. What if TJ gave release dates and then we found a slew of new bugs and they had to be pulled? Wouldn't that be worse? Please be patient. We are testing sporadically, as all the testers do have lives (I myself have two tests, a final, and 8 lab reports coming up, just in the next week), but we are trying our best.

Also, demanding answers or dates is not going to get you anything (especially when TJ isn't even on). Please just be patient as we work on getting these site ready, so when they do come - when they are ready - to come, they don't have to be pulled or they don't work or you guys don't discover all the bugs in them or ect.

=\

We are working on testing bugs and figuring out all the things we even should be testing. What if TJ gave release dates and then we found a slew of new bugs and they had to be pulled? Wouldn't that be worse? Please be patient. We are testing sporadically, as all the testers do have lives (I myself have two tests, a final, and 8 lab reports coming up, just in the next week), but we are trying our best.

Also, demanding answers or dates is not going to get you anything (especially when TJ isn't even on). Please just be patient as we work on getting these site ready, so when they do come - when they are ready - to come, they don't have to be pulled or they don't work or you guys don't discover all the bugs in them or ect.

I would much rather have a glitch free update than a rushed update riddled with bugs. I appreciate that you're all putting time into this to make sure the quality is top notch.

That being said, small question. Are you testing right now? I'm getting error pages when trying to get on DC. =\

I would much rather have a glitch free update than a rushed update riddled with bugs. I appreciate that you're all putting time into this to make sure the quality is top notch.

That being said, small question. Are you testing right now? I'm getting error pages when trying to get on DC. =\

^^

Testing isn't actually done on the dc-dc site - we have another place to do it so the glitches there don't mess with the cave and such. That said, DC seems to be loading fine for me. o.O

TJ stop f&****^%%$ with everyone either do it or not,tell us the date for releases cant be much trouble to you

Actually the point is when the new features are ready and TJ is ready they will be released.

^^

Testing isn't actually done on the dc-dc site - we have another place to do it so the glitches there don't mess with the cave and such. That said, DC seems to be loading fine for me. o.O

Ahhh I see!

Might be an issue with Chrome. Just refreshed and it's back. Must have been a hiccup.

Anywho, anxiously awaiting the release and looking forward to it as well as my first Holiday event on here. Thanks! smile.gif

Technically, that's no longer early December. TJ has until noon on the 15th. ;3

Well, call me crazy but, to me, the 15th is mid December and early December would be up until the 10th per Misha's calendar. laugh.gif

Edited by Misha

I believe the topic is the Feature Preview.

Hopefully no one drops of shock when there is an update dry.gif Some of these impatient responses are a bit crazy sometimes... sleep.gif

It is nice that TJ updates on these things, mostly b/c I can plan accordingly. I do hope they come AFTER the Christmas dragons...so, there is less confusion at least on my part.

It seems the DC people have been hard at work, I am excited, I am hoping sometime between the Christmas and Valentines day dragons we get most of these.

BUT, we can only guess!!! :-)

He said they MAY appear in December. And would anyone here who's shrieking (which is rude and if I were TJ I might take my ball home !) REALLY want the cave to fall over for weeks if it all went pearshaped ? Christmas will be hell without teleport - no more so than previous holidays. CHILL, people, read a good book. There is life out here. Have you all done your Christmas shopping ?

But please - NOT biomes with a MAP... That would be so - UNDRAGON-ish. It would LOOK wrong. Unless it was like a pirate map on parchment, I suppose....

CHILL, people, read a good book.

Mass Effect: Retribution, yo >D

And Sock, dun tease us like this Dx WE CAN NOT ALL SHARE IN YOUR AWESOME BETA TESTING POWERS.

IMO, the way the biomes are done not only look excellent, but they also still look like DC. ^^

That's made me grin. TJ and the artists along with him = epitome in creativity. I'm definitely excited to see how everything comes out, but I'm with Socks (hope you don't mind me calling you that), patience is a good thing.

Glitched updates are no fun to deal with, so yeah, take your time...

Hey, teasing is part of being a beta tester... it sure whets my appetite for what's to come! biggrin.gif I know for sure, my imagination won't be remotely close to anything that these magnificent artists come up with. So, I'm thrilled that they have decided to do biomes - I think it would give DC a renewed vitality!

Christmas will be hell without teleport - no more so than previous holidays. CHILL, people, read a good book. There is life out here.

This I agree with- teleport and other upcoming updates will make things easier, and sure we're all excited- but we don't have to be rude about it...

*Now imagining... that if the adults were further into the cave than the egg closer up... what if there was a few "smaller paths" we didn't notice before?... one damp and smelling like the salty ocean... another humid with sweating walls smelling of thick trees and vegetation...*

Hmm cool.gif

Mass Effect: Retribution, yo >D

And Sock, dun tease us like this Dx WE CAN NOT ALL SHARE IN YOUR AWESOME BETA TESTING POWERS.

Was not teasing, was reassuring! X3

That's made me grin. TJ and the artists along with him = epitome in creativity. I'm definitely excited to see how everything comes out, but I'm with Socks (hope you don't mind me calling you that), patience is a good thing.

Glitched updates are no fun to deal with, so yeah, take your time...

Hey, teasing is part of being a beta tester... it sure whets my appetite for what's to come! biggrin.gif I know for sure, my imagination won't be remotely close to anything that these magnificent artists come up with. So, I'm thrilled that they have decided to do biomes - I think it would give DC a renewed vitality!

Socks is perfectly fine!

Yes, TJ and the artists really have done awesome. And thank you. I shall attempt to go through tomorrow (it's very late here and I should go to bed soon!) and test a slew more things and hopefully turn up some positives and reveal any bugs still going on. :3

Was not teasing, was reassuring! X3

I'm watching you... ninja.gif

awsome new features,i can't wait for them laugh.gif

Edited by Matetus

just checking back and seeing, nothing has changed. So I have not missed anythink smile.gif

I'm curios what will come fist, but don't dare to guess