TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Going to bed now - dreaming of changes in the morning - wonder if there will be any?

Looking forward to renaming since I screwed up a few names recently!

If we rename a dragon and then decide later that we don't really like the name will we be able to rename again? Or is it a once only deal?

According to the information I saw, it will be unlimited renaming capability.

Lady A.

From 1st page:

Renaming

Unlimited, you can rename your dragon as much as you wish.

Currently no option to remove a name, only replace it.

Edited by LadyAmlaruil2

According to the information I saw, it will be unlimited renaming capability.

Lady A.

Cool! So I would be able to start a whole new line of names - now the wheels are turning!

ah, everybody is freaking out. wub.gif

really people, it's only the forth. truly, i'm predicting around the 17th. rolleyes.gif

Technically, that's no longer early December. TJ has until noon on the 15th. ;3

Technically, that's no longer early December. TJ has until noon on the 15th. ;3

Well, I mean, he has until forever, really. It's his decision wink.gif

He did say that "a number" of these things "may appear by early December"...but only that they may. But you're right, "early December" is before the 15th, because then it's mid to late December =)

Edited by FireAngel73

Well, I mean, he has until forever, really. It's his decision wink.gif

He did say that "a number" of these things "may appear by early December"...but only that they may. But you're right, "early December" is before the 15th, because then it's mid to late December =)

I love how we all are dissecting the month to try to determine the release of some features. xd.png

I'm just waiting patiently, checking DC Forums everyday for news. I'm hoping the 17th or later, cause my winter break starts on the 17th and I will have more time to play around.

I'm excited about the changes but I need more time to raise my Magis and Purples. Personally, I would be fine with it later than sooner.

Ummm, there ought to be a middle in there somewere, not just early and late.

Early is usually first week; late last week; middle is middle, I'm thunking.

http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/early

Definition of EARLY

1a : near the beginning of a period of time ...

I'm both hopeful and impatient, lol.

(Especially for increased limits.) tongue.gif

Edit: hey, if I'm hoping for 'early', I'm hoping for 'early', lol.

Not mid-month. laugh.gif

(And TJ seems to be, as far as is reasonably possible, a stickler for accuracy in such matters.)

Edited by Syphoneira

Seriously? Y'alls nitpicking about the definition of "early"? Just wait, it may or may not happen.

Renaming ftw. /odd one out

Seriously? Y'alls nitpicking about the definition of "early"? Just wait, it may or may not happen.

Renaming ftw. /odd one out

What else are we supposed to do while we wait? o3o

I want limits, then teleport. Just lost a trade earlier today. :c

I'm guessing if it's not early as in "the first third of the month", TJ'll probably hold off until after Christmas (I certainly hope so, anyway.) We wouldn't want to be dealing with post-change chaos at the same time as an event release, after all.

I would be only too happy to deal with the post change chaos during the Christmas release if we get the limit increase since that will make catching holiday eggs easier. It would be nice not to have to decide between the new dragon and the older ones because of limited scroll space.

Edited by Sir Barton

True, but it would also be nice to be able to get those dragons because the cave isn't lagging like crazy from people rushing to try out the new features right away. I would also love to get increased limits and maybe teleport and fertility before Christmas, and maybe if we only got one it wouldn't be too bad, but I know I really don't want a repeat of Halloween, and having a bunch of new features come out right at the same time as the holiday seems like a good way to guarantee horrible lag.

And in any case, considering the limits on Christmas breeds and assuming the mating season is as long as it was last year, there's no reason why you couldn't get your limit of every breed with the current limits, especially if you use incubate:

1. Get four of the older ones (any mix of Hollies, Yulebucks and Snow Angels, as long as you don't get more than two of each one).

2. Incubate at least one of them and hatch it as quickly as possible.

3. Hatch two more and get one of them ready to hatch but fog it before it does.

4. Get two of this year's eggs.

5. Unfog the other old egg to let it hatch.

6. Get the hatchling from the incubated egg to grow up.

7. Get the other two old-breed eggs that you didn't get at the beginning.

If everything grows up on schedule, and assuming you're actually able to get your hands on all of these, that'll give you two of each breed in five days. If I remember right from last year, the mating season was seven days long, so that leaves two days to spare in case you have trouble finding them or you don't have an incubate to use.

Well, we must wait... ./checks watch 4 more minutes to see if they will be implemented tonight... also the breeding frenzy shall begin!!!

EDIT: Hmmm, no Lagmonster though... T^T

EDIT2: Awww, no such luck D:< (itteh bitteh Lagmonsteh commiteh though)

Edited by Jaako

day 5th in korea, anyway. wish it would come quick, like now. hmmm ...

what can i do to make it come early... sacrifice the dragon!! (kidding lol)

Guys the first week of December isn't even over. XP Chill chill. For some "early December" could mean up until end of 2nd week. So you have to figure that may be TJ's definition of it also. Besides it says "may come" not "will come".

I understand Miroku-Kun. I just hate being hatchie locked when I have 2 egg spots I could be using. The new changes will come when they come. I just thought it would be ironic (for me) if they came tonight. wink.gif

B-b-but Christmas will be hectic and horrible for some without Teleport!!! DX

Then again, Halloween started the second day of the week before Halloween, so it may happen on Monday...

TJ, what must I do to bribe you to release them early??? I has cake... (ke ke ke)

Edited by Jaako

Best if they get all the bugs out before the release.

Just be patient. It will come when it comes ^^

I just hate being hatchie locked when I have 2 egg spots I could be using. The new changes will come when they come. I just thought it would be ironic (for me) if they came tonight. wink.gif

that's why i have my current set up. i'm only locked for a day at a time so i'm picking two eggs up every other day. course, with the new limits i'll be able to pick up two eggs everyday!

I'd definitely rather wait longer then have them come out with lots of bugs and glitches.

I'm still very curious about the biomes, because despite all the explanations I can't quite picture how it's going to happen.