TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Okay, I've been enjoying Dragon Cave for years. I love catching, I love breeding, I love gifting eggs, I love collecting dragons. But wow, I've been trying to catch one of these new ones since last night, and the lag is killing me. For once, this really, really isn't fun. I'm exhausted, discouraged, disappointed, and I just want to curl up in a corner with the whole bowl of fun-size Milky Way bars we bought for trick-or-treaters, and cry.

How many treats are we up to?

94. Maybe one of the treats has a hint about what the new dragon is going to look like?

How do I do that on a Mac?

Use either Firefox or Chrome. I went with Chrome (It's a quick, easy download that I just downloaded today for this exact purpose.) If you need more help PM me and I'll give you more direct instructions.

asdfjkl Zombie attempts are fail: 4 disintegrated, 1 dodged, 0 zombies. I have one more kill spot but I don't know if I want to use it. My little sister got a zombie hatchling second try >A>

I haz 3 eggies now, it took seven (7) hours to catch them though! xd.png

The hatchies are very cute, can't wait for mine to hatch/grow up! smile.gif

I think the new dragons look kinda like Ridley from the Metroid games xd.png

So far I haven't been able to catch any of the new eggs and 4 of my Zombie attempts have ended in my poor dragons turning to dust. (I'm still saving my 5th attempt for later this afternoon....) Not the best day so far.

However I am a little disturbed by some of the fits being thrown on the forum. Yes it's frustrating, but TJ, the spriters & the mods have done nothing but try to work very hard to give us a good Halloween.

If the cave is lagging, it's just because so many of us love the holiday eggs. (And we all know the Lag Monster loves the holidays too!) So if I catch nothing, I'll be disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. I've enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, and if I actually successfully grab an eggie I will savor it all the more.

I guess what I'm saying is don't let your frustration make you lash out at the people making this ultimately silly, but wonderfully addicting game!

I was looking at the gendered hatchlings and they remind me of the plague doctors....I really like the red. And their wings.

Why aren't the eggs dropping continuiously like, basically, every other holiday drop? I couldn't do anything because of the lag last night and now they aren't dropping. Ugh. I've got a 7 hour drive ahead of me - and I'm in a location that doesn't have really fast internet. There's no way I'll have a chance if they don't drop constantly.

These dragons look like they are going to be absolutely awesome!! I can't wait to see the adults xd.png

To whoever sprited it, Thankyou so much for what seems to be an amazing dragon biggrin.gif

I'm getting discouraged. x_o I would love to have a catcher work on my scroll, especially since I spent 10+ hours trying to get even one of these eggs. x_X

Why aren't the eggs dropping continuiously like, basically, every other holiday drop? I couldn't do anything because of the lag last night and now they aren't dropping. Ugh. I've got a 7 hour drive ahead of me - and I'm in a location that doesn't have really fast internet. There's no way I'll have a chance if they don't drop constantly.

Just wait for the hour drop wink.gif

Wow! The AP is getting pretty empty! But at least I have two of the new ones thanks to my catcher!

asdfjkl Zombie attempts are fail: 4 disintegrated, 1 dodged, 0 zombies. I have one more kill spot but I don't know if I want to use it. My little sister got a zombie hatchling second try >A>

Ah, I got my Zombie with the last attempt - after 7 or 8 dragons dodgend my attempts. They sure are sneaky, but think of it this way: the last attempt could be your Zombie wink.gif

Hm, about the ToT.. I had no trouble with them, they worked just fine for me. They're way faster than the rest of dragcave.

And still looking for a catcher coz my browser's giving up on the site - it's taking like 3 or 4 minutes to load, even when I disable images and java script. PM me smile.gif pretty please?

7 treats short of 94, one kindly gifted Pumpkin Egg, two failed attempts at Zombification and 17 Scabby Eggs for myself and seven others later - I AM TAKING A BREAK. xd.png

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! biggrin.gif

So, managed to get myself a nice hatchie zombie, I am satisfied there. Not so much luck with the eggs, which is too bad as the gendered hatchies are driving me to fits of "I want". Very cool, kudos to the spriter(s).