TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

after 7 hours continuously hunting I FINALLY managed to grab 4 eggs , 2 of them even out of the 5 min drops.... I am so proud! Now gimme the lagmonster badge and I'm going to take a bath now....good hunting everyone, just keep on trying! ^^

I sympathize with everyone feeling frustration this holiday. I started last night and stayed up until after 3 AM ai began trying again this morning. I have aught nothing. I do not usually have this level of difficulty. It does not seem the normal lag to me, I have caught things on previous holidays when there were more than 600 people in the cave. Last night there were times it was down to half that amount. I don't think the problem can be blamed exclusively on holiday traffic.

There was 2700 people on last night, not 500 as everyone was saying. There was 500 in the cave at any given time, but 2200 on the "the egg was taken by someone else" screen. The server is really over-flooded, and now I jump on for the first time today @ 2:00 and there are no eggs... at all... GRR!

I hope the fact that there are a lot of hourly drops with no eggs showing up will be taken into concentration and have the eggs available tomorrow as well. With the lag and the no eggs in the drops, I'll never get one.

Yay! I managed to make a zombie. Claps for me please. xd.png

-claps-

Congratulations! ^^

-huggles her own two zombies happily-

I am going to give my last try on this hourly drop, and if I don't catch anything like the previous 3 hourly drops then I will have to start looking for a catcher.

if u find a catcher tell me iam here from 6 hour no luck

I really can't get an egg... But I'm not the only one, apparently. Good luck, everyone!

Okay, these little suckers are the third most difficult I've ever tried to catch, surpassed only by '09 Valentine and (of course) teh mythical '08 Holly. Though it took me many hours and much patience, I managed to fill all three egg slots that I had reserved for them. YAY!

How'd I do it? I used Firefox with all images and java disabled. I hovered my mouse over the third egg (far right) as this is usually the newest code generated for the page. After the page loaded fully, I'd hit F5 to refresh. I didn't watch the page but instead the little green bar at the lower right hand corner. As soon as it turned green, *click*. I didn't wait for the egg page to load but clicked the link back to 'Cave' and then put my mouse back over the far right egg. As soon as the green shows up, *click*. Repeat until egg obtained.

The Lagmonster surely roams DC today. It's frustrating, but it's no worse than it was during Christmas last year or Valentine's this year. Using Firefox with images and java disabled is a big help, but it's still laggy.

For this Halloween, I have a total haul of 94 treats, 3 Pumpkins and 3 new Halloween dragons. My only dissapoint is that none of my zombie fodder rose from the grave. I hated to betray them ( ;_; ) but I'll get over it. Maybe next year!

Thank you and good work to TJ, the spriters, and all mods and staff who made this super fun Halloween on DC possible for us all!

Good luck to those of you still hunting, congrats to the proud new Zombie owners, and Happy Halloween to everyone!!

I think the hourly drops are just off, instead of at the top of the hour -15 min in, it's 15 min after the hour til 30 min after.

so check the cave between x:15 -x:30 as it appears that's when the drops are

or was it x:20-x:30...something like that is when I caught my eggs, not at top of hour like normal for sure

Edited by Merenwen

Oh wow, the gendered hatchies are so cool!

Also...*pokes cave entrance* We can has eggs? There wasn't an hourly drop... I'm trying to catch for someone, but there's no eggs. sad.gif

The hatchies, words cannot describe my love for them! <3

MUST GET MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!

From what I can see, the drops have 'shifted'

Shifted how?

I usually get eggs for myself and my mother. As yet I haven't even gotten one for me.

-claps-

Congratulations! ^^

-huggles her own two zombies happily-

Why, thank you! xd.png

I am a serial killer, I have like... 4 dead things and a zombie on my scroll. I should seriously go to jail...

I'm wondering isn't there a way such releases to be modified to last longer - I mean not only 1 day exactly on the holiday date but 2 or 3 days after that too.In this way the flood of people maight be spread in time knowing the eggs won't have disappeared the next morning from the cavedrops.And also many unfortunate hunters like me will have increased chances to get something despite the lags (my brouser happened to lag 5-6 minutes at some point today)

I tried for almost 4 hours(12AM - 3:45'ish AM) this morning and was looking at 15 - 20 seconds of lag before I finally got to see eggs that weren't there anyway. I've tried for 30 minutes now and have seen 3 eggs total.

If anyone is willing to help me catch just TWO of these eggs so I can have a mated pair; please PM me.

I will check PMs when I have time because I don't have all day to sit here constantly refreshing just to catch eggs. I really wish this was taken into account for people that can't sit here all day so they have a fair chance at eggs too without giving out their account information...

I too cannot find any eggs in the cb. Have they stopped dropping? I have found them but I cant get them could someone catch at least 1 for me? pm me if you can.

Edited by pernlover

Could somebody catch for me, please? I haven't managed to get a single halloween egg and neither have my kids :/ and we have been trying from 7 AM UK time.

I am a serial killer, I have like... 4 dead things and a zombie on my scroll. I should seriously go to jail...

xd.png I feel the same way. I made a leetle graveyard on my scroll last night. How long until the guilt goes away?

The drops are way off. They are going xx:15 - xx:30 after the hour. Couldn't tell you why, they were okay last night. The five minute drops are going too, as far as I can tell.

depressingly hard to catch these eggs, I usually have no problems but it looks like I'll be missing out this year.

Hope I get some. Wish me luck! biggrin.gif

How long are they going to be out? Just today?