TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

How long will these eggs be available? Just today?

Yes, these eggs will most likely stop dropping at 11:59 EDT tonight. This will probably be the end of the Pumpkin breeding and ToT items as well.

Though, there is a slim possibility that ToT will continue through 11:59 EDT tomorrow, November 1st.

Personally, I plan to try breeding a '10 Valentine with a CB white tomorrow to make myself a Day of the Dead dragon. xd.png

I got a Zombie - hooray! Tried to get a Hatchie too but only had one try left so not luck tongue.gif

No luck picking up a Halloween Egg either. I'm sick of reading 'Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else. '

Lag lag lag. It does seem more than usual lag. Gonna look through the thread for tips.

Edited by amuletts

I have well over 500 dragons and have managed to catch at least two of every holiday dragon that has been released thus far. However, today has proved to be most difficult and I can't even snag one of these beautiful eggs. (I was hoping to catch three.) I could really do with a catcher, and I've never had to say that before. I'm usually the one helping other people with eggs. unsure.gif

Regardless, Happy Halloween, everyone! Here's to hoping that we all get what we'd like for our scrolls.

For anyone still having problems catching eggs, check out the tips post on page 54. I managed to get 2 back to back following its advice.

Dear [...] the hatchlings are cute ;_;

perhaps if I compliment them enough, the cave will relent and let me have another?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL

I hope we all still have real-life treats to come out of hunting to smile.gif

cought 3 as the Cave was loading a lil bit faster... after 4hours trying.

I could get a 4th, but I'm a lil but frustated, and I see, that I can do other things in the time now...

congrats to anyone who get theirs,

and good luck to those who got nothing since now.

don't give up!

OH! Just got another one!!! And it stopped lagging enough for me to actually SEE the getcode page!!! Amazing <3

I have well over 500 dragons and have managed to catch at least two of every holiday dragon that has been released thus far. However, today has proved to be most difficult and I can't even snag one of these beautiful eggs. (I was hoping to catch three.) I could really do with a catcher, and I've never had to say that before. I'm usually the one helping other people with eggs. unsure.gif

Regardless, Happy Halloween, everyone! Here's to hoping that we all get what we'd like for our scrolls.

It's the same with me, it feels so strange to be the one that need help for a change.. /:

Well I was lucky I caught 3. I'm now scroll locked, but it took forever with this lag even with images and java turned off.

I usually catch quickly oh well it was fun smile.gif Good luck to those still hunting!

I tried to leave as the last, but I think that yes I will have to look for help... Same as Valentine... That would have one.

I have some now. Thanks to Danne for catching them happy.gif Good luck to everyone still trying.

Happy Halloween everyone!

I wonder how long will it take for TJ's hatchies to gender? Hours or days?

They are gendered? lol.

Hey everyone, stopped in to see the hatchies. I really wish I could catch for more people... but I have things that need to be done. :[ If you've already PMed me, I'll try to get to you, but any new PMs will have to be turned down (so sorry!).

I thought I'd repost my methods though, since they got me somewhere around 50 eggs in 4 hours this morning, and seem to have helped some other people as well.

Step 1: Disable Javascript and images

user posted image

This makes the Cave load much faster-- also you can click the egg link anytime, without having to wait for the little egg sprite to appear. I use Chrome, since I have found that to be the fastest, but instructions for disabling Javascript and images in browsers is easily available via Google search.

Turning off images in IE, FF, Chrome, or Safari, turning off Javascript in IE, turning off Javascript in FF, turning off Javascript in Chrome

Also, try to close as many programs on your computer as possible, and limit the number of tabs that are open as well. You need as much CPU as you can get.

Step 2: Reload the page by clicking the top banner.

user posted image

DO: Click the top right of the upper, largest banner

DO: Immediately then move your mouse to the far-right egg slot

DON'T: Click "Logout" instead >.<

DON'T: Go all the way over to the little "Cave" banner. The large banner is much closer.

DON'T: Use F5. I don't know why, but that always just gives me WSOD.

Step 3: Hover and watch.

user posted image

While the Cave tries to load, hover over that far right egg, and INTENTLY watch the little loading wheel on your browser. In Chrome, that wheel moves backwards until the page actually begins to load; I don't remember what it does in other browsers but it's probably similar. Also, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard. This will make the "Get" page open in a new tab when you click, leaving the main page available to immediately reload and try for another egg.

Step 4: CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

user posted image

THE VERY INSTANT that the little wheel stops spinning backwards (or whatever it does to signify lag in your browser) and does ANYTHING ELSE, click. It might start spinning forward, or it might just suddenly change to the egg icon. Either way, with images and Javascript off that wheel should be the ONLY THING on the page that visibly changes, so it's your only cue. Reflex is key. Also, make sure you're still holding down the CTRL key.

Step 5: Repeat.

user posted image

Don't worry about checking to see if you got anything-- as soon as you've clicked, get your mouse back up to that banner and start again. Get yourself into a click-hover-watch-CLICK-click-hover groove.

Once you have a ton of tabs open (or the Cave empties, whichever is first), you can go through those tabs and see if you got anything.

Good luck, fellow DCers!

To ease problems next time I think it would be nice if there's a way that everyone could get one egg then fight it out in the cave for more. I don't know that it's possible though with the way the programming works on the site though.

An example. There's a new link for a holiday that you can click on. Let's just go with Halloween. The third line changes to whatever egg it is being released for that event.

"You see a strange alter. On it sits an egg. This egg is covered in a dark crust. There's no one around. Do you want to steal it?"

Any thoughts? Has this already been suggested? Could it even be possible to do for this site? I figure if everyone had at least one egg then it might not be so bad trying to go after more eggs in the cave and again everyone would come away with at least something.

Edited by Savynn

since I catched 6 eggs so far I'm willing to catch some eggs for someone

How do you do that?

So no one wants to help me? Ah well, understandable.

Hopefully due to this lag, there will be an extended drop.

Edited by StormSoul