TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Open for catching again. happy.gif PM me if you need help.

Closed!

Edited by Danne

Me is very slow to use this tutorial... Utilizandolo everything, makes no sense, go me so slowly that I can go to a coffee and fails to load...

For anyone still having problems catching eggs, check out the tips post on page 54. I managed to get 2 back to back following its advice.

Didnt do a thing for me, not with 400+ people clicking away all at once...

wow, it's not as bad as i thought.

managed to get 4 eggs in like 10 mins.

i don't know how i can help anyone, but...i mean, if you want to PM me or something. lol.

good luck everyone. :x

For all those complaining about lag and server speed, I disagree that having bad lag makes it impossible for you.

I got two of my eggs within an hour last night and the page was lagging so badly it would take minutes for pages to load (Like I'd see the egg description but wouldn't be able to click cause the egg hadn't popped up so I know that other people would have plenty of time to click). Both times I caught them the page took a while to load and then it said I got my dragon. (oh, and I didn't disable javascript either so I had to wait for the full page to load before clicking).

It takes persistance and a good strategy (and no, you can't have my strategy though I know other people have mentioned mine cause that's how I got it wink.gif ).

Now what's hard is getting rare eggs that don't have every single egg be the one you want but you have to find it amongst other eggs and click fast enough. Plus you don't get near as many chances.

Edited by tigress666

The hatchies are awesome! 8D Love their skull-like heads - very sinister. The pumpkins are cute, but these are going to be wonderfully creepy.

I've definitely clicked on over a hundred eggs to get mine, so persistence is definitely the key to getting these babies!

since I catched 6 eggs so far I'm willing to catch some eggs for someone

Can you catch for me?

The page go sooooo low for my and I can't get any new egg... Can anyone help me?

People who can get one or more off them are so lucky ^^

Edited by HarukoInu

Someone did mention about turning off Java and images off. And since then I've manged to grab 4 of these eggs despite the lag. It's better holding Ctrl when you click an egg to have a new tab opened without having to switch back and forth. Also when you refresh the page, when you see the work "done" on the right side in your Firefox you click really fast. That's what worked for me. C:

But yes the lag is quite ridiculous with or without tinkering with your settings. :'<

Hey everyone, stopped in to see the hatchies. I really wish I could catch for more people... but I have things that need to be done. :[ If you've already PMed me, I'll try to get to you, but any new PMs will have to be turned down (so sorry!).

I thought I'd repost my methods though, since they got me somewhere around 50 eggs in 4 hours this morning, and seem to have helped some other people as well.

Step 1: Disable Javascript and images

This is definitely the ticket TPishek.

The biggest impact is to disable the javascript. As an FYI when you do that you won't be able to ToT until you turn javascript back on. Since I got a late start for ToT I still had to do that and hunt for the new eggs so I kept switching back and forth (enable / disable JS) when the timer was up for the next ToT.

Wow. I have a connection that really you can't beat. I can't even reload a page, any page on the site. This is about the worst refresh delay issue I think I have ever seen during an event. Would increasing the number of available eggs in the cave when the load is like this help?

Ooh, I managed to catch one three after losing hope. Yay.

Edited by Xaidread

What worked for me was opening a ton of tabs... one of my tabs turned into a getcode and I just about freaked xd.pngxd.png

The gendered hatchies are frightening. Perfect ;3

I've spent 4 hours and probably 200 clicks trying to get one, and I haven't had any luck. I have images and javascript off. I'm clicking as fast as the server lag will let me and I just can't get a single egg.

I'm going to keep trying. I mean, if other people are getting them, then I can too. It's just super frustrating to me. I just wanted to share the pain. haha. This might be the first holiday since 2008 that I will not get a dragon. I've never had any trouble at all getting eggs for any other holiday.

EDIT: Maybe I just needed to vent because I just got 2. haha.

Edited by LinLin

A huge thank you to the wonderful Arlymaye for catching for me. I have in total 4 wonderful halloween eggs.....now to try for a zombie biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone still trying!!!

I wish I had a happy pumpkin basket - i have a grinning one. Stil... Got all 94 treats, made a zombie, got one pumpkin egg (although i would have liked more) - still persisting to get a halloween egg though. :|

Edited by Mikki-chan