TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Hnnng. Last night I just gave up after I saw all the lag. Hopefully it's fixed-ish now so I don't have to give in and hire a catcher. >_>

Okay... I just killed 4 dragons... have two Zombies now, an Adult and a Hatchie, and I think I won't do that ever again^^

It was a lamely-worded way how to express that more grabbed eggs = more subsequent offspring. :V

Isn't there always an event breeding thread before seasonal events? /oblivious

blink.gif I still don't understand. Someone is going to grab the eggs anyways. How does that = more grabbed eggs?

I've one too now (one that a very kind person caught to me), and now when internet works for me again I'll try to at least catch one myself... and if I don't get anyone now, can at least hope my internet works later today so I can try again...

my connection is just too slow , i missed last years halloween for the same reason

and i don't want to miss this years too T^T...

sometimes i wonder why don't i just quit DC and save myself the heartache

i can't seem to find the halloween catchers thread, anyone got a link?

WOOHOO! Managed to catch 4 eggs in a matter of minutes, thanks to the tip on disabling images/Javascript.

I am now happily scroll locked. biggrin.gif Oh, and these eggs are awesome looking, by the way!

Same here, re scroll log, and I'm really happy.

I hope the dragons will look as good as the eggs!

Google should hand over some cash to TJ. xd.png So many people are switching to Chrome now. laugh.gif

Can't wait for my pumpkin to hatch. I can try for another egg if it finally does... *^-^*

How many will I need? How long have I got?

I mean, are there two genders or just one?

You can influence them.. If that answers your question...

I'm so annoyed at my lame attempts at making zombies. 4 kills 0 successful revives. And now for some reason they're keeping my catcher from grabbing more eggs. I didn't think that killing hatchies took a hatchie space.

my connection is just too slow , i missed last years halloween for the same reason

There is no catcher's thread. A catching thread is deleted as soon as it is created because many users can get scammed in catching threads. A lot of people don't understand that sharing one's password is frowned upon, and if anything happens to your scroll because of it, the fault lies with you.

We staff, can't do anything about it. Hence, we don't allow catching threads. xd.png

I'd be willing to try to catch eggs for people if they'd like to PM me. I should be around for a few more hours.

I don't think we're allowed a thread like that any more since even giving someone your temporary password is frowned on. But I'd be right there with you, hiring someone to help me catch a couple of new 'weens!

I'm so annoyed at my lame attempts at making zombies. 4 kills 0 successful revives. And now for some reason they're keeping my catcher from grabbing more eggs. I didn't think that killing hatchies took a hatchie space.

I understand they take up a space if they weren't frozen before you tried to kill them. Sorry to hear they died. sad.gif

Evidently 'past several weeks' is a whole damn year to DC so yay only one kill attempt for a zombie hatchie!

Unless vampire biting counted as 'killing too'. Great.

To those still reading the thread and not getting eggs, try going to tools - options and disabling load images automatically and javascript, it does cut down on the lag to an extent, and allowed many of us to snatch eggs. It's not a permanent solution but, it should work.

I still don't understand. Someone is going to grab the eggs anyways. How does that = more grabbed eggs?

I think they're trying to explain why people grab 4 eggs, it's to get breeding pairs. It's why I worked hard for my pumpkins and why I worked hard this year, not just for myself, but the fact when I am able to breed them next year, I am guaranteed atleast a chance that 1 breeding should be successful. Because you know can always get the 'lolz dragons hate eachother lulz' message.

Reposting the buried gifs for the morning group, Good luck folks!

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8904/eggsmackhal10.gif

user posted image

user posted image

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6836/spider2010.gif

I think they're trying to explain why people grab 4 eggs, it's to get breeding pairs. It's why I worked hard for my pumpkins and why I worked hard this year, not just for myself, but the fact when I am able to breed them next year, I am guaranteed atleast a chance that 1 breeding should be successful. Because you know can always get the 'lolz dragons hate eachother lulz' message.

But trying to get purebred offspring = less offspring as far I as saw this year. Pumpkin x pumpkin seemed a lot less successful, and with pumpkin x pygmy you get 2x as many chances since you're not using 2 of your Pumpkins in the same breeding attempt.

Are the eggs still dropping? I've decided to try to catch one again, but I haven't seen any eggs on the front page for a while...

At the moment the cave takes over 30 seconds to load for me. So fat chance I can snatch one of the new eggs.

I'm very sad and frustrated.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Edited by Sigi

I didn't intend to actually beg, I was being facetious. I know there's a thread to ask for a catcher, I was wondering where it was.

So is there 90 more or just 2 extra today?

94 in total. And I was told there was no catcher thread. If there is - GREAT - there's some post, somewhere, that says not - a new post today it was. Good luck !