TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Besides, those who grabs the eggies today will most likely give away their bred ones next Halloween...

And people who can't grab any wouldn't give away their bred ones? I don't see where you're going with this.

Congrats to whomever just got the dark crust egg with the code that spells VILE (messed)! Tried for it but missed.

That'd be soooo awesome in a Halloween egg.

I saw that one and clicked like mad! xd.png

You can catch as many as you'd like. The goal of Halloween is to be greedy. (4 since that is the egg limit xd.png)

To find catchers, I know I write mine in my sig. However, you look for people offering to catch and you PM them. Know that this is a risk that you are taking, and if you are scammed, TJ nor the moderators can't do anything about it.

Besides, those who grabs the eggies today will most likely give away their bred ones next Halloween...

This.

I got one gifted Pumpkin last year, because I was on a very slow connection then, managed to get three this year (including my bred) and am breeding the three adults (I'm freezing one) next year, as well as the pair of the new ones, and managed to donate three eggs to the AP from the last year's gifted female.

Can anyone point me to the catchers' thread? I've gotten my three release eggs, now I'd like to help those with slower connections but I can't seem to find the thread.

There are a bunch of us who would like help. Me included! I suck at catching eggs, and my connection isn't very fast. dry.gif

Yes, cheese and whine. But that's expected, right? I mean, we all have only one day to get these guys!

I'm willing to catch some for people in the next big drop, I've already caught some for others.

I'm glad to help xd.png

Well well well....finally...9:00am was the best drop for me..

long and not so laggy ... I kept hitting 'Dragon Cave' banner and it would refresh faster... so happy after 5 hours.. ready for bed...

with my luck will wake up in 1 hr in cold sweat ...horrified that it was a dream

that I would have too start again....goodnight all and good luck

will be one less hunting so others can have a chance ...

thought I still need my treats and o. zombies oh well

I would be willing to help out between 1-5pm server time, but my connection isn't very fast and I get easily distracted. xd.png

And people who can't grab any wouldn't give away their bred ones? I don't see where you're going with this.

It's hard to explain.. But let's just say it's supply and demand. Demand is high and supply is limited. Those who can't grab now will have a second chance next year through those who were able to catch now. *Points to Halloween gifting centre*

This.

I got one gifted Pumpkin last year, because I was on a very slow connection then, managed to get three this year (including my bred) and am breeding the three adults (I'm freezing one) next year, as well as the pair of the new ones, and managed to donate three eggs to the AP from the last year's gifted female.

So basically it's ok if some of us can't get eggs, we can always wait for a year to spend another 4-5 hours trying to grab one from the AP. Gotcha smile.gif.

Yaaay~

I'm completely unlocked for once.

Good thing I'd been anticipating this.

Now. To try and catch some and hope there's not a terrible lag!

Oh, and Happy Halloween everyone!

Edited by epichazel

So basically it's ok if some of us can't get eggs, we can always wait for a year to spend another 4-5 hours trying to grab one from the AP. Gotcha smile.gif.

It was a lamely-worded way how to express that more grabbed eggs = more subsequent offspring. :V

Isn't there always an event breeding thread before seasonal events? /oblivious

On a side note, it took me over a year after their release to get a vampire.

Anyway, probably getting out of this potential drama thread for a while.

Edited by lightbird

My halloween is complete. Two crusts, and a second pumpkin. phew ^w^

and one zombie.

I can retire now. Good luck to everyone still trying! :3

You can't use it if you're on a mac. sad.gif

What do you mean, which part of it can't you do? I'm on a mac and I had no problem. I downloaded and installed Chrome (just google "download chrome" and it's the first result). Then I went to Preferences > "Under the Hood" > Content Settings > Images > Do not show any images. Log on to Dragoncave, hover your mouse over one of the eggs and press cmd+R to refresh. Wait for the loading circle thingy to go clockwise, then click like mad while having command pressed so you open a new tab. That's how I managed to get my four eggs, I had no luck at all in Firefox or Safari.

WOOHOO! Managed to catch 4 eggs in a matter of minutes, thanks to the tip on disabling images/Javascript.

I am now happily scroll locked. biggrin.gif Oh, and these eggs are awesome looking, by the way!

Can't seem to get anything at all. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but it's becoming more and more frustrating.

What do you mean, which part of it can't you do? I'm on a mac and I had no problem. I downloaded and installed Chrome (just google "download chrome" and it's the first result). Then I went to Preferences > "Under the Hood" > Content Settings > Images > Do not show any images. Log on to Dragoncave, hover your mouse over one of the eggs and press cmd+R to refresh. Wait for the loading circle thingy to go clockwise, then click like mad while having command pressed so you open a new tab. That's how I managed to get my four eggs, I had no luck at all in Firefox or Safari.

aha! I have firefox, that's why. off do download chrome!

I got one, and that's all I tend to want.

Thanks so much TJ and all the spriters! This egg is awesome and thanks so much for putting all the work into this release for us! Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!