TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Awesome.

4 Eggs, and some zombies.

And all 94 treats.

This is my lucky day.

Edited by Alex Chessmaster

So if the lag is so crummy right now, will a little extra time be added into how long the Halloween eggs drop? Only seems fair to make up for all the time no one wwill be able to grab anything. Not being combative here, just curious.

ETA: I'm really stumped by everyone's saying that Chrome is so much better to catch eggs. When I access DC thru Chrome, whenever I click on an egg, the whole Cave page does a jump so that the next time you're ready to click on another egg, your cursor isn't in the right place. ANNNND it's slow as cold molasses too. Must just be my machine that prefers Firefox.

I had the problem too when I tried using Chrome for catching pumpkins in the AP.

But on the main page, with images off, the page is small enough that there should be no jumping since everything is already on screen.

Awm, now I'll never get an egg with this lag. sad.gif

I got three zombies! Frozen ungendered, frozen gendered, and adult! I'm so happy! biggrin.gif

'Fighting' for the eggs is an apt description...I feel like I've been though a war! >.<

Edited by MedievalMystic

All of my Zombie attempts failed. sad.gif And not only that, I have yet to catch a single new egg! I used to catch for other people and now I can't even catch ONE for myself! *sobs in a soggy emo mess in the corner*

That was the absolutely worst drop for me that I've ever had. X__X

So it wasn't only me who found it worse than the others? D: So much lag!

Maybe TJ will extend the drop time for the eggs a day or so, due to the lag. it would be nice :>.

Oh man... over 10 hours straight of catching... I don't even know how many I've caught- all I know is that I have one left to go and that if my leetle punkin doesn't hatch his leetle butt right now, I'm gonna morph into a Lag Monster and freaking eat him...

Well turning off the images doesn't help AT ALL and it still is over three minutes before it tells me that there are greedy b*****ds out there who won't stop until they have four...

Finally after a really laggy 2 hours and three drops I finally managed to get one egg biggrin.gif . Just like last year. Hope these can breed, beacuase im pretty sure I'm not able to get any more of them.

So if the lag is so crummy right now, will a little extra time be added into how long the Halloween eggs drop? Only seems fair to make up for all the time no one wwill be able to grab anything. Not being combative here, just curious.

ETA: I'm really stumped by everyone's saying that Chrome is so much better to catch eggs. When I access DC thru Chrome, whenever I click on an egg, the whole Cave page does a jump so that the next time you're ready to click on another egg, your cursor isn't in the right place. ANNNND it's slow as cold molasses too. Must just be my machine that prefers Firefox.

This.

And it's not just your computer. Chrome just isn't what Google said it would be; fast. On every computer we have (we've built our own, and have relatively-new laptops) DC loads much faster on FF than on Chrome.

I want spooky ghostie egg ._. Go away lagmonster!!! >_<

Maybe TJ will extend the drop time for the eggs a day or so, due to the lag. it would be nice :>.

I hope so too, I really want one but I can´t get even one! And I think the limit of this eggs has to be 1 for everyone or some people get all egs!

I noticed that even the AP is lagging a fair bit. I am trying to get all the treats for my son's scroll and checking out the AP for him and getting no where fast!

Have tried al friking day trying to get an egg an no luck :/

So if someone what to give one i will be a happy camper.

i have 72 treats

Well turning off the images doesn't help AT ALL and it still is over three minutes before it tells me that there are greedy b*****ds out there who won't stop until they have four...

Well due to the lag no one knows how many they have and just keep clicking like a maniac. lets hope the ap has some of those 4 egg people dropping the extras

For me this has been the worst lag ever. With the changes that were made not to long ago. I felt like it was back when I first started catching eggs in 08. But today holy cow manure. I tried chrome, that was far worse than firefox even with the images off.

Maybe as a suggest there should be six eggs shown for holiday eggs. Its hard to compete with 400-500 people viewing the page and trying to catch the eggs.

I'm having a lot more trouble with lag than before too. I'm used to the holiday drops being crowded and things being slow, but this is about what it was like during the entire 'lagmoster' episode the other year-- indeterminably long to load, and often timing out and not loading at all. I'm still hopefull that I"ll snag one though.

For people wanting int know about zombies:

You have to kill a dragon (hatchling or adult) then revive it afterward. More easily said than done.