TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I'll give up until later xd.png Good luck everyone else, lord knows I don't have any o.o

When Firefox finally loads the main cave, this is what it looks like. I love that the ad is covering one of the eggs... as if this wasn't hard enough for people lol.

user posted image

I was like O_O seeing that biggrin.gif

user posted image

OH YESH.

So you can still do it today?! Awesome! I'm gonna go kill mine right now!

Well, I'm disappointed, This extreme lag happens every time there is special event. I have dsl and a very fast computer & Yet it's taking between a minute, even up to 2 minutes to load the page, especially when there are 300 viewer or more. I'm sorry so getting past this experience. Will go to a real game, AQworld and enjoy the 2 special events there. Yes they can have lag, but they seem to be on top of that. It doesn't last days or the entire event at a time. Turned java off, didn't seem to make a difference when there are over 400 ppl viewing same page. So sad this site doesn't seem to improve this problem. And to those who want to fill their quota, thanks. Nice to see all you greedy ppl. It has helped in the past when there was a limit. Then ppl with their 2 quota got off and allowed others to catch. good luck out there. HOpe your Christmas is a sweet.

Is chrome suppose to be faster than ie and firefox..? Lol, it isn't fast for me at least...

How do you turn off those images?

you could read back a tiny bit I wrote it just above your posts.

You switch off java scrip in tools and content

So if the lag is so crummy right now, will a little extra time be added into how long the Halloween eggs drop? Only seems fair to make up for all the time no one wwill be able to grab anything. Not being combative here, just curious.

ETA: I'm really stumped by everyone's saying that Chrome is so much better to catch eggs. When I access DC thru Chrome, whenever I click on an egg, the whole Cave page does a jump so that the next time you're ready to click on another egg, your cursor isn't in the right place. ANNNND it's slow as cold molasses too. Must just be my machine that prefers Firefox.

Edited by oddsoxdi

This event is simply not fair to people like myself who have a good comp and good connection but still can't get the eggs. I hope this event lasts more than one day dry.gif

I've been trying for hours now, but the page loading takes ages (2 mins even without images and java, don't ask how long with them on). So, can someome please catch 2 new helloween eggs for me?

Taking a break now..trying again later..still no egg..not even a single one...I'd already be happy with just one...

I tried Chrome at one point - and honestly, I didn't find it any faster, in fact it seemed slower to me.

So if the lag is so crummy right now, will a little extra time be added into how long the Halloween eggs drop? Only seems fair to make up for all the time no one wwill be able to grab anything. Not being combative here, just curious.

Or even constant drops, instead of times through the day with no eggs available. The more eggs out there, the fewer frustrated by the lag, no?

I feel like an axe murderer after trying so desperately for a zombie. Alas no luck, for I have not had months and months to build a army of fodder and I suck swinging a sword apparently. Thing must've been made of lead...

Color me disappointed. Ah well, hopefully these new dragons are not Pies like I guessed =P Maybe it'll be an axe-murderer dragon.

Got four eggs myself and just caught three for someone else.

There I was always firmly believing I had a slow connection, because I never get rare eggs from the hourly drop. But perhaps I do have and I am just insanly lucky today. If someone wants to trust me, I could try my luck for them^^

Happy Halloween to everyone and good luck hunting for eggs!

Edited by urusta

It's lagging EVERYWHERE, not just the cave. Even if you go to pick up something from the AP is takes forever just to tell you yes or no.

And I've seen far more people fighting for eggs.

I can only hope TJ extends the drop, while I fight for eggs.