prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Text just could have gone to the wrong number. I get those sometimes. Or someone trying to play a game - just stick in numbers until one works. Someone "tagged" my boyfriend that way and he had no idea who they were, lol. :3

The only thing I have for inspiration is check out WriMo's procrastination station and see if there's something there, or try Write or Die. :3

Listen to your favorite music, and just write without thinking "LOLTHISSUCKSSOOOOBAD"

Anybody have any suggestions for getting motivated? I'm behind already. xd.png

I'm a little behind myself. Was out all last evening and didn't get any writing done. Working to catch back up, I'm at 3k.

I like listening to music.

If I find I'm not craking out enough words (I'm rather motion focused and into keeping the action moving forward), I'll pause to describe scenery. Describing a character's bedroom got me 500 words I hadn't initially planned on.

The other thing is to read something inspiring. Sometimes just pausing and reading someone else's description focuses me back on mine. Reading good writing is nice.

Listen to your favorite music, and just write without thinking "LOLTHISSUCKSSOOOOBAD"

I do have my playlist up, and I'm actually pretty happy with it so far. I just suck at being not procrastinating. xd.png

My biggest problem with the cell phone was that I had a vague idea when I wrote it in, but now I've gone and lost it. Ahahaha... But it would be kinda interesting, just an eerie coincidence that he got that text right before getting hit. That could be fun.

@Sock--I'll check them out, thanks. :3

over 3,700 words!!!! Now I just need 1300 more for today.... *grumblegrumble*

Well, I'm just gonna say that everyone here can do it if they have determination and an awesome avatar like BlueApollo's. -shot-

Random characters keep popping up all the time in my story and it's getting annoying.

Just reached 3974 words, finished with my prologue and a page of the first chapter. It's actually going quite well~

4566 and little to no distractions so I can write a bit more before midnight.

What I think will be one of my fav scenes is coming up soon. <3 X3

I can't listen to anything while I write. It's got to be totally quiet for me. xd.png

Not so many words written today. Too tired from big 2 hour math test. I plan on writing a lot on a seven hour car ride that's coming up. ^^

Lol, I can write in both silence and sound. I just prefer music. I'm afraid of silence. xd.png

I couldn't have music going for a bit because there were other people around and I can't find my headphones. It was like deathly silent. Too unnerving to write. But I can listen to it again now! OKAY! I can do this! I can write enough to get caught up!

...Man, I really need to come up with a name for the owner of the local cafe one of hte characters used to frequent. I get teh feeling it's going to be an important place...

...Man, I really need to come up with a name for the owner of the local cafe one of hte characters used to frequent. I get teh feeling it's going to be an important place...

Use a phonebook! That's how I come up with last names. Sometimes even first names too. :3

Use a phonebook! That's how I come up with last names. Sometimes even first names too. :3

xd.png None of my characters ever have last names. Ahahah, they either are just with people who refer to them by their first name, or it never needs to come up at all.

But I just love how this little place that was just a throwaway plot device to get the character hit by a car in the first place (he was going to meet his friend) has actually become important to the story! biggrin.gif

I can't listen to anything while I write. It's got to be totally quiet for me. xd.png

Not so many words written today. Too tired from big 2 hour math test. I plan on writing a lot on a seven hour car ride that's coming up. ^^

x3 I can't deal with total quiet - I prefer to have activity around me - but if I write to my own music I get too distracted in wanting to sing to it, lol.

One of my favorite places to get names is my spam folder. I also found a few helpful name generators (if you want, I can post a few), some that allow you to pick ethnic origin or other options.

On the subjects of both that and music, the story I just finished got most of the character's name inspired by Taylor Swift songs. I took her calling out names to my advantage on that one.

Past 7K. Put an excerpt up on my profile. It's from later in the book, and is badly written. Like everything is >.>

Well, a lot of the time my characters just end up naming themselves. I'm sure I'll figure out what to call them sooner or later. xd.png

I'm still behind, but I'm doing better!

I just completely redesigned one of my characters in terms of appearance. biggrin.gif

Damn, I meant to write some more and get an update in before midnight. :s

I can squeeze in some writing today though, I guess. Won't bother updating til I have a decent word count.

...Has anybody else been writing, and discovered themselves using descriptions they'd never be caught dead using at other times?

One of my characters just described the other as "Mr. Grumpy Bottom" and I kinda wanna smack her for it. xd.png

I just completely redesigned one of my characters in terms of appearance. biggrin.gif

Somehow, one of my characters has morphed everything about him except his appearance, taking all his personality from the one person I don't want him to. Plus I'm starting to see him appearance-wise as a toned down version of The Situation (with a Scottish last name. Go figure.)

And I tried the word count validator and it's gipping me over a hundred words.

>______> *is far behind*

3440 here. Am I the only one this far behind?