prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Lol I wrote the wrong amount of words today. =V Time to go write some more!

I can't post my NaNo novel on dc >.> but, I am at 5.5k words 8D. Just another 44.5k to go. Yay!

I just wrote 717 extra words without realizing it. xd.png

Aww, kiffren. <3 Gj!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssss.

<3 tropes.

I'll probably end up using a good number too, but it's going to be a lot more character than plot driven and I'll have lots of random scenes of dialogue and character exposition and BLAMs. :B

Haaaa... I'm probably gonna have a lot, too. Tropes can be fun fun fun! xd.png

'Eh, I only have 1047 words down. I'm under 13, I should be on young NaNo, but... I had school all day, if I didn't I'd probably have around 3 K.

Ah. Finally got the magical 1667.

And a page topper.

Edited by klinneah

Broke my first 1000. Maybe it's just because I'm tired tonight, but this novel feels harder to start than any of the others I've written.

Broke 5000. Beautiful. Can't get the site to load to update, but not bad for a first day, especially a weekday.

I love my characters and setting so far. Very fun to write.

Who here uses Scrivener? I just got the NaNo trial for windows, and it's confusing as heck! Is there any easy way to figure it out other than the tutorials that don't load, or should I just stick to Word?

Over 4500 and I'd be on a roll if I didn't have my roommate hoovering over me. This story has already taken a rather uncomfortable turn and I don't like writing it in front of people.

slowhornpipe: *shakes fist* FIIIENDS. But I'm srsly glad you're enjoying it.

Vhyxalas: I use q10. It's awesome. So I dunno anything about Scrivener. Sorry. :<

aquamarine84: Can't you tell your roommate to bug off? o_O

diannethegeek: Awesome! You have written 1,000 words, remember that. 1,000s words purely you, spilled from your creative mind. <3 I wish you luck! I bet you'll get on a roll when you find the right inspiration... or some sleep. wink.gif

klinneah: *thumbs-up*

Qwackie: You got something written, and that's always awesome! biggrin.gif You could always bring a notebook to bed after homework and write maybe a hundred before you go to sleep?

KageSora: You're not kidding. xd.png

/Encouragement post

Is the NaNo site down for you guys too? :(

I want to update my count, even if there's only a few hundred words to update it with. XD

Is the NaNo site down for you guys too? sad.gif

I want to update my count, even if there's only a few hundred words to update it with. xd.png

It's been up and down for me all day. Normal November 1st overload!

aquamarine84: Can't you tell your roommate to bug off? o_O

Well, the printer is hooked up through my computer, she's leaving 4am tomorrow morning and left all the necessary travel stuff at work, so she was hoovering while she was re-printing everything. Only got 273 words done in that twenty minute sprint. I can't complain too much - I've gotten a TON written today.

I've used yWriter in the past (free and created by a fellow Wrimo), and I definitely like a lot of the features, but I tend to just use a plain ol' word processor. I'm too cheap to buy any special software.

Yes, during the first week of November/last day of October, the site tends to freak out a lot. Just be patient... and maybe try to avoid updating for awhile. XDXD

Aquamarine: Oooh, I see. Well, alright. Still, gl!

Do you guys want a list of free writing software? o3o

q10

Notepad

WordPad

yWriter

OpenOffice

Storybox

Jer's Novel Writer

Scriptito

Zoho Writer

My Writing Nook

Google Docs

KWrite

Ted

Lotus Symphony

Rough Draft

NoteTab

WriteMonkey

Dark Room

Omm Writer

Zen Writer

Stolen from this page (well most of them anyway)

Only if you're not careful.

I have a half hour to go before I commence writing madness.

q10

Notepad

WordPad

yWriter

OpenOffice

Storybox

Jer's Novel Writer

Scriptito

Zoho Writer

My Writing Nook

Google Docs

KWrite

Ted

Lotus Symphony

Rough Draft

NoteTab

WriteMonkey

Dark Room

Omm Writer

Zen Writer

Stolen from this page (well most of them anyway)

Thanks! Should I download more than one? :/

I mean, I already downloaded yWriter xd.png

Surprisingly, I managed to actually reach my word goal for the day. 5k ftw. :U

I've heard some things about WriteMonkey, might use it.

/needs to write an excerpt for the novel, but is too lazy

Surprisingly, I managed to actually reach my word goal for the day. 5k ftw. :U

I've heard some things about WriteMonkey, might use it.

/needs to write an excerpt for the novel, but is too lazy

Woo! *tries to high-five*

Konayuki: If you don't like yWriter, go ahead. I honestly like distraction-free programs like q10, but others prefer fancier ones and such. ^^

Craaaaaaaap! I have several scenes bouncing around my brain for the openers! D: WHAT DO I FREAKING PICK! Wait... I can do them all, can't I? I just... Make the prologue a bunch of short introductions to the dead/comatose characters, right?

@Kamak--I refuse to click that link. I will never get this written if I do. tongue.gif

("No, I won't fly. I have a good feeling about walking today." said one of the main characters 20 minutes before he was hit by a car.)

Edited by KageSora

Woo! *tries to high-five*

Konayuki: If you don't like yWriter, go ahead. I honestly like distraction-free programs like q10, but others prefer fancier ones and such. ^^

yWriter is nice, but I think it'll go great with q10, so I downloaded that one, too xd.png

Both of them look really, really great. >:3

You can't beat custom-color background, automatic word/character/paragraph counter at the bottom of the page, and typewriter sounds. xd.png

KageSora: For some reason this reminds me of the way Ritchie Valens died.