prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Yes, I hit 4000! Now I've made up for not hitting my personal quota yesterday.

I posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd put it in the correct topic. Mine has to be about a rabbit(long story) because of a promise I made to someone who is also doing it. I didn't know about the 50,000 word rule and I haven't started. BLARGH

potterwolf: You don't have to, you know... xd.png The YWP can set their own goal.

Hey guise I still have to finish my outline. XDXD

I made one and it has gone by the wayside since the middle of the first scene. I liked one blogger saying that the entire novel should be considered an outline - you write, you break down what happens in each scene and write it better, and then you have the next draft.

Just participated in a 10-minute word war and wrote 242 words! I'm that much closer to my goal.

Just participated in a 10-minute word war and wrote 242 words! I'm that much closer to my goal.

Oooh. Word wars. That's a good idea.

Okay, I successfully created a plot that can stretch 50,000 words of a novel about a rabbit. I think I'm set.

Okay, I successfully created a plot that can stretch 50,000 words of a novel about a rabbit. I think I'm set.

Well, I'm amazed.

You guys and your wordcounts are depressing me and my measly 2317 words just a wee bit. I know I'll hit my goal tonight, but I sure do seem to be lagging behind!

4,000 words by the end of the night, here I come!!

What's a word war, exactly?

/has not heard of one

Hit my daily goal, and have a little over 7k words so far.

Yes. e_e

What's a word war, exactly?

/has not heard of one

Hit my daily goal, and have a little over 7k words so far.

Yes. e_e

I think it's when two or more people get together, have a goal to write, like 500 words in five minutes, and then start the "word war".

I think it's when two or more people get together, have a goal to write, like 500 words in five minutes, and then start the "word war".

Or, a contest to see who can write more in a set time limit.

I'm currently at 4382 words, yay! Although it's rather confusing-OpenOffice says I have a good 300 more words than the NaNoWriMo site does.

I'm just imputing manually at this point though - the site's still running sooooo slooooow.

I'm also verifying everything in Google docs (I'm slightly obsessive about backing things up and it got me farther this year in Script Frenzy than I would have otherwise, since Celtx kept eating my work).

If you're on twitter, the @NaNoWordSprints have been working really well for me. The dares tonight were especially fun.

Or, a contest to see who can write more in a set time limit.

I'm currently at 4382 words, yay! Although it's rather confusing-OpenOffice says I have a good 300 more words than the NaNoWriMo site does.

MSWord2007 is telling me I have one more word than NaNoWriMo is. IT IS ANNOYING.

/keeps getting reminded of Alice in Wonderland with all this talk about a book about a rabbit

w00t, nice Qwackie! Glad it's working for you. ^^

And congrats to everyone else who wrote today! Going to do my calc homework and then write some.

Word tells me I'm at 3,544 right now. Haven't uploaded to the site yet because I keep hearing it's lagging.

I'm still debating which idea I want to do. Yeah, I know it's getting late, but last time I entered with only ten days left, and would have won if I hadn't gotten sick and become very tired bcause of it.

Okay, I'm seriously starting to think the universe has something against me doing NaNoWriMo.

Last year in November my computer's hardware died. This year I keep getting viruses. It was fine mostly all the rest of the year, it's just attack after attack right now that it's November. :|

This is really making it hard to write my story. D: Thankfully, tomorrow I get out of classes pretty early, so I should be able to write some more to make up for it! biggrin.gif

...Well, today, but... Bah. xd.png

I'm still debating which idea I want to do. Yeah, I know it's getting late, but last time I entered with only ten days left, and would have won if I hadn't gotten sick and become very tired bcause of it.

Yeah, I wrote a beginning yesterday but am going to try a completely new one today. :B

alot.png

Haha, I never have NaNo count my words until it's time to verify. My word is actually about right on with NaNo's counter, so I don't have to really worry about it. :3

alot.png

Aw, that sucks, Kage. I believe in joo!