prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I passed the 10K mark... and I've FINALLY gotten to the start of my plot... after about 1/5th of the NaNo sized book being done...

I already thought this story would be told in 7-9 books... but I'm thinking now that it's going to take 12 or something... unless I make giant books...

I really need to put more descriptions in though... but if I did, I'd be at 20K by now...

-K-

Ack, still not even to 5k yet, I'm going so slowly... >.=.< I really need to pick it up, but I just can't seem to get the words to come, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore, ahahah... >.=.<;;

Maybe I should sleep for a bit, then do more later...

You guys are all kicking my butt! I'm only at 7,077 words at the moment. I need to step my game up over the next few days, I know, but I also have the bad habit of not being a very wordy person. My friend is further in her word count than I am, but more has happened in my story. I need to balance out.

TBH though, I treat Nanowrimo as a time to get the story's skeleton down, and then I'll work on fleshing it out and finding a tone I really like.

Wrote about 3000 words today. :] The sad thing is, I'm supposed to write 3k every day, but this is the first time it's happened.

Wonder how much writing time I can squeeze into school tomorrow...

I'm about 600 words ahead of the NaNo targets (as of yesterday). Gonna see if I can expand that lead to 1000 words today.

I've dropped 10k into a single chapter. tongue.gif Lots of universe background stuff, rambling about technology in 2034, about the secret government agency at the heart of the book, etc. But I've FINALLY gotten to the point of the chapter, which was a conversation between two of the characters. If I wrap that up today I can actually move on to something else!

I'm so behind. I just got finished with exams though, so hopefully I can catch up due to the lack of homework.

I got so behind on Friday, but I'm working my butt off now to catch up!!! Hopefully I can beat this thing!

I need to add background information in, but I want to find a way to add it without it being just pointless filler, and I need a viable reason to expand on it... Ahaha, The Nameless One explained a bit while talking to himself, but now I need to figure out how to explain the rest of the complicated world...

I KNOW! They'll go to a school and overhear stuff! Now I just need a viable reason for them to be visiting a class...

Hey. What age are people old enough to start properly understanding the concepts of death, and the concept of an afterlife? I mean, this does take place in an alternate Earth, so the characters are (mostly) human... Hmmm... And then there's other concepts that are unique to their world, but those are more instinctively understood... Ack.

I think most of the first 15k of my novel is pointless filler mixed in with some character development. The plot about the reality show didn't really get started until the last chapter. I'll turn it into something in December smile.gif.

>:D I cut right into the story. Because I am lazy... But I am at 13k! So not too bad so far.

After finally getting my extra hour of sleep (I didn't even make it to midnight last night, I was so spent), I am making it my goal today to hit 20k.

Wheee! /happily WriMo' rolls people

:B

And Sometimes a Potato

I dare you to put the DC meme line into your book. :B

WAIT I totally figured out how Ima put that line in.

Not near as awesome as some of the others I saw in that thread but yeah. :3

10,043/10,036 YAY!

Edited by NixAyum

Just managed to lose everything I've written so far.

censorkip.gif

That sucks Paine. D:

That's why I'm e-mailing all of my chapters and stuff to myself. That way it's available on ALL computers... so I don't have to worry about screw ups.

Since the NaNo site is on the fritz... and I need to get to class... so if the word count doesn't go through...

Word Count: 12,630

1/4th the way there... |D

-K-

That sucks Paine. D:

That's why I'm e-mailing all of my chapters and stuff to myself. That way it's available on ALL computers... so I don't have to worry about screw ups.

Since the NaNo site is on the fritz... and I need to get to class... so if the word count doesn't go through...

Word Count: 12,630

1/4th the way there... |D

-K-

I was about to PM my stuff to myself, but the entire computer crashed before I could do anything x.x

Sparkey! /pokes 8 worlds RP

Yeah, I've been slowly adding to my word count over the course of the day. But I can't update it on the site because it's lagging.

@DrPaine: D: /looks for flash drive

I upload everything about 3x a day to Google docs. It's a lifesaver.

And I just missed the perfect opportunity to throw in "and sometimes a potato": Thanksgiving dinner passed and all I said was that they deep fried the turkey!

Now about these penguins. . .