wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Added an egg that I was gifted to an egg site yesterday before I went to bed. Now, 12 hours later, it is dead. This hasn't happened to me in years and I feel really bad, especially as the egg was a gift...

@Dolphine I'm really, really sorry, that I wasn't able to take proper care of the baby!

* sits in corner and cries over broken egg shells*

I kept my sick egg fogged for quite long just to be sure but then I completely forgot it. Should have checked it because it apparently got sick again anyway and it's dead now. :( I don't think I've ever had a dead egg or dragon on my scroll before (except once just a few because of zombie attempts). :(

7 hours ago, Claudii said:

Added an egg that I was gifted to an egg site yesterday before I went to bed. Now, 12 hours later, it is dead. This hasn't happened to me in years and I feel really bad, especially as the egg was a gift...

@Dolphine I'm really, really sorry, that I wasn't able to take proper care of the baby!

* sits in corner and cries over broken egg shells*

@ClaudiiPoke me in a week for replacement 😉

Edited by Dolphine

First, let me start by stating the smartest thing I ever did on DC, and that was to get me a DC Mentor! That by far was the best thing I ever did on DC.

Now for all the the latest stupid ... XD

Over the holidays, without thinking, bred my CB Enraged Aegis to a 2G Winter which immediately got a new name, "WHOOPS Oh Well" XD

In general, when I was new and for some time after, spent too much time picking up gorgeous lineages that I couldn't resist, and not enough time hunting CBs. I did hunt them, but I still wish I had more of them. :)

Edited by missy_

Bred an egg for a project earlier this week and somehow managed to forget to use influence. Naturally, I woke up this morning to find the hatchie had gendered wrong.

At least it's a common, so replacement shouldn't be difficult.

dash1.gif.117781bb27cf97b4da1c4ae5ce2a1a4c.gif  I misnamed a dragon and only found out after I bred it and checked the lineage of the kid! 

Okay, to most people this sounds irrelevant, but as the names of my dragons are in fact derived from their breeds, it led to me breeding a GoldFloret x Caligene checker (named Yflocaligeion) to a Caligene x Gold Lunar Harald checker (then wrongly named Yflocaligeia, but of course properly renamed now so that it won't happen again), resulting in this https://dragcave.net/lineage/0d0av. I deeply apologize for the mess up!

Forgot to put my eggs in hatcheries again. At least, none of them turn out neglected.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:18 AM, Astreya said:

dash1.gif.117781bb27cf97b4da1c4ae5ce2a1a4c.gif  I misnamed a dragon and only found out after I bred it and checked the lineage of the kid! 

Okay, to most people this sounds irrelevant, but as the names of my dragons are in fact derived from their breeds, it led to me breeding a GoldFloret x Caligene checker (named Yflocaligeion) to a Caligene x Gold Lunar Harald checker (then wrongly named Yflocaligeia, but of course properly renamed now so that it won't happen again), resulting in this https://dragcave.net/lineage/0d0av. I deeply apologize for the mess up!

That still looks gorgeous. 😍

On 1/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, Astreya said:

This is the sort of thing that makes me so, so grateful we have the 'Rename' option now! 

Back in the old days, if you misnamed a dragon it was stuck that way forever; and I goofed up several times.  It was such a relief to be able to fix them at last!

Doing some planning for Valentine breeding, and I test bred one of the new pairs. I thought I'd used fertility on them but didn't check, and of course they refused. I can re-breed one, but the partner is a gaia and mama and daddy like to give me the wrong xeno variant. Should've done this weeks ago but here we are.

Was grab/tossing a handful of AP Aqualises trying to find a messy (there were none), figuring if there were none I'd just re-grab a few anyways (because AQUALISES)... Completely forgot that you can't re-grab an abandoned egg unless someone else grabs/tosses in-between. Thankfully someone did, eventually, and I was able to grab two to fill my eggslots, but that was a tense 15-ish minutes!

I was waiting on a PURPLE Siyat to gender so I could freeze her and I missed the window and she grew up instead. 🤦‍♀️ She was the last purple I needed for freezing and messy Siyats show up so rarely.

Forgot I was egglocked just now...

Also forgot to do any breeding to prepare mates for my Valentine's dragons until right now, haha. I'm always neglectful of my holiday breeding outside the holidays.

Clicking "Cancel trade" instead of "Accept"... Why is this action not password protected? 😧 

End of January I went on a bit of a freezing spree, completely forgetting about Valentines. I now have 5 freezes left, the majority of my freezes won't come back until the 11th/12th, and of course there are multiple Valentine breeds that I want to freeze this year. 

Summoned a GON today ( had the feeling this time will work, and it worked ), just before Valentine's events, and now I am whit 5 free slots for eggs, not 6 like I was planning.

Influenced several of my latest batch of bred eggs wrong, because I thought I remembered what they all needed to be without checking from the influence page. :( Didn't realize it until they hatched and gendered, which is a bit to late to fix the problem.

On 10/5/2010 at 6:11 PM, DeathCry said:

=Having my first 4 eggs die when I joined D,=

This happened to me as well lol! I got a bunch of abandoned Black Marrows when I joined and could not figure out how to get the views to even hatch them! 

Then I learned about click sites, and now I put all my youngsters on all of them all the time. It can make the eggs get sick but it’s worth them hatching really fast :) 

I always get annoyed about these certain breeds that seem to get sick faster 😠 

On 2/8/2020 at 9:50 AM, BubbyAuroratheLightDragon said:

I always get annoyed about these certain breeds that seem to get sick faster 😠 

There is one little tip, to don't have your eggs sick. Don't put them in any click sites before they reach 5d and 14 - 12 h. When they are too young, and get viewed, they get sick fast. 

Also incubated egg, are counting whit out the time removed from the incubation. What I mean, incubate egg or 6d and 12h, it get 5d and 12h, but sickness risk is counting by the time 6d and 12h. I find out this, the hard way whit one GON ( my first one actually ).