wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I picked up an egg from a trade, then grabbed a few of the same kind from the AP.... I accidentally abandoned the wrong one....🤦‍♀️

I did manage to find a suitable replacement, but it's just not the same 🤷‍♀️

Edited by driveshaft0613

Very carefully chose a dragon's mate to avoid inbreeding... and then inbred it anyway. 🤦‍♀️ Sorry, whoever picks those eggs up.

Abandoned a nice 2g soulpeace egg by mistake while clearing space for Valentine's eggs. D: Apologies to the person who traded it to me...

On 2/11/2020 at 12:10 AM, GhostMouse said:

Very carefully chose a dragon's mate to avoid inbreeding... and then inbred it anyway. 🤦‍♀️ Sorry, whoever picks those eggs up.

Maybe they don't mind... Did that also 🤷

Edited by Sashimi

7 hours ago, Sashimi said:

Maybe tehy don't mind... Did that also 🤷

I hope whoever grabs them doesn't mind! I feel like I did it in a particularly dumb way. though... I'd find it less irritating if they were siblings or something. Oh well.

My tired brain bred this instead of this checker..... (note - giving babies similar names to parents is dangerous)

Horray for massive imbreeding at it's finest, and apologies to whoever fishes these eggs out of the AP!

However, it did mean that my 2G Salt was unbred.... so I bred it on the off chance with my 2G Thuwed and got this word code!

A bit of trading down the line got me a 2G Saltkin... which I then traded and got MY FIRST NEGELCTED! ❤️

So hello, yes I am now a neglected owner! It's been a long 10 years in the making.

Edited by Seahorse

Whoops, wrong mate club unite!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jMEI3

https://dragcave.net/lineage/iqT9O

https://dragcave.net/lineage/MMXxS

The best part is now they will or are now constantly appearing at the top of the breed list increasing the chance of repeating my error! 

I need to rid myself of this awful cold my brain is mush XD 

Also apparently forgot to breed one CB valentine for some reason. Hm. 

I needed to breed a male offspring of a female CB Purple and male CB Pink and got a Pink. Unfortunately I thought I'd need a Purple, so I abandoned the egg. Genius me!  So now for the next week - and I bet I'll get a Purple then.

dash1.gif

Edited by Astreya

Only now realising that I never got any dragons on any previous leap year here?! I had been checking to see if maybe I could breed a previous year’s dragon this leap year, only to discover that I don’t have any.

How did it take me three leap years to decide to catch/breed/hatch any on the 29th?

(upside is, I now have several for next leap year, including a Gold a got from the market ^^)

Well dang, I completely forgot about Leap Year this year XD I got a pair from 2012, a single Frostbite from 2016, but none from this year!

On the contrary, I remembered to summon a Sinomorph on the Leap Day but forgot on my birthday date XD

Here's to hoping I don't forget next year >.<

I spent about an hour adding nebula eggs to my nebula dragon horde until egg locked THOUGHT I HAD them in the hatchery. Over a week later I wanted to see my new nebulas... the first thing I saw was 8 DEAD EGGS on my scroll... Needless to say I've been pretty torn up about the heart breaking discovery.

Oops I forgot about leap year too... I do have a single dragon that hatched on that date, but I wanted a laid on date.... whoopsie

Aaaahhhh! I just missed a Silver in the biomes! First Silver I've seen in months. And it was 100% my fault that I missed it, because I was listening to a video while tabbing through the biomes so it took a moment to register in my mind, plus my stupid frantic clicking clicked all *around* the egg before finally clicking the actual egg. 

Well, I didn't actually do anything stupid but I'm just laughing at myself now. I've played DC for over ten years and only now I realised that when someone grabs an egg in the cave, it's that particular egg that is replaced by a new one. For some reason I had had this idea that the new egg would always appear on the right, causing the older eggs to move to the left to make room for it. I doubt that this has ever been the case. :D

@Varislapsi I'm quite sure it used to be as you thought. The egg(s) right of the one that was taken moved to the left, and a new one appeared on the right. I think it changed recently.

11 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

So that wasn't just some strange theory of mine, then.

If it was, I had the same strange theory (or years-long hallucination)!  :D

58 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

If it was, I had the same strange theory (or years-long hallucination)!  :D

I have to try to adjust my hunting strategies. Although it can take some time to get used to the new reality. :D

I forgot I was egglocked and bred my CB golds... and the purebred 2g gold will be up for grabs in the abandoned eggs page in a couple of days (this JUST happened).

I had been breeding my pink spinel to my gaia xenowyrm in hopes of getting a green spinel... 

I realized yesterday night while reading a thread that gaias aren't earth element. Their affinity is life. So I spent weeks on attempting for a green spinel with no luck, for obvious reasons...

Ack ack ack. Dangit I really need to pay better attention to which actions I'm using! I've been grabbing/tossing AP eggs today so I guess my mind was just in that mode when I went to freeze a beautifully messy hatchling. I abandoned it instead. Grrrrrr.

Bred for the AP while tired. A dragon's mate was unavailable because I needed it for something else a few days ago, so without thinking I bred the dragon to the thing at the top of the mate list. Which is a dragon I named "Separator Dragon" and placed there specifically to separate a dragon's previous mates from the rest of my scroll so I don't accidentally breed a dragon with whatever happens to be at the top of the list.  XD

The system works great as long as my brain isn't completely offline... Anyway, someone will find something  rather random. :rolleyes:

(And of course I had to recruit another Separator Dragon to take the original one's place until she's off cooldown.)

Traded for an egg which I thought had an amazing all-lowercase code. Turns out the lowercase 'l' was an uppercase 'i' and my phone couldn't show me the difference until its was too late. -_- 

Luckily most of the eggs I bred were ones I could breed again but I just feel a bit scammed. I didn't know that the code would be displayed differently on the trade. I should have been more careful but no matter - they are just pixels. :) 

Edit: Within the hour, I managed to trade the little dragon for a code I was very satisfied with. So, I suppose everything turned out alright in the end. :) 

Edited by lovecats99