wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Left my scroll unhidden for the first time in years. Woke up to a dead CB Ice. Thanks, weird viewbombers who decided to target JUST the CB Ice for some reason. 

Seems like I once again was too stupid to take my own medicine and NOT pick up those Zyus whenever I see them in the biomes. And of course when I put this dumb thing up for trade, I get 0 offers. :rolleyes: Maybe I should just save myself the trouble and kill it since obviously no one likes Zyus.

34 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Left my scroll unhidden for the first time in years. Woke up to a dead CB Ice. Thanks, weird viewbombers who decided to target JUST the CB Ice for some reason. 

I'll say that it's best to have your fresh eggs fogged if you decide to unhide your scroll. From my analysis, many people who put up a trade in the Trading Hub or is active in the Forums (usually the News section) gets targeted for their scroll eggs being dumped into hatcheries (I deny to say it's viewbombing, most of those amateurs aren't even doing harm the serious way imo).
Edit: and yea, it's kinda random. They will just do that to one or two eggs, but sometimes they would also do that to whole scroll. My guess is that if they do it on one egg, people would notice it less, as not all of the hatchlings/eggs have a check mark if you use the hatcheries.

Complained about how empty my scroll is and decided to breed some stuff. Is egglocked again in less than 30 minutes. I should be aware of what I wish XD

Edited by BlueLatios

13 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

since obviously no one likes Zyus

Not true. I just usually don't have anything to trade for them (typically rares or Zyu swaps) so I long gave up checking such trades.

Sometimes I check if what I *have* is being wanted by any trader, but that's never anyone who's offering Zyus. *shrugs*

15 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Seems like I once again was too stupid to take my own medicine and NOT pick up those Zyus whenever I see them in the biomes. And of course when I put this dumb thing up for trade, I get 0 offers. :rolleyes: Maybe I should just save myself the trouble and kill it since obviously no one likes Zyus.

Same here. I spaz click every Zyu I see...and I freakin' hate them. What colors do you have? I am actually LOOKING for a pink one! Just not red. I wish the person who killed my Ice had killed the Red Zyu instead. Haha. 

And yeah...BlueLati0s...that makes sense. If you notice a ton of eggs getting spammed with views...you'll take away their fun and fog everything or hide your scroll! So of course they have to pick and choose. I'm just glad they didn't choose something really rare or hard to get. Well, a Monarch was super sick, but she was already a gendered hatchie and recovered after an hour of fogging. I think I'd scream and quit if they targeted my three Cheeses and they had all died. You're a monster if you kill Cheese dragons. So innocent. So helpless.

@Ruby Eyes Eh, to each their own. I just said it because whenever I put up Zyus on trade, I usually get absolutely no offers for days. And when I try to offer them in trades, either my offers are straight-up declined or just not accepted. Had that happen to me so many times that it made me develop a straight-up hatred for Zyumorphs.

@Suzumiya It was a white Zyu, I thought those were some of the more rare Zyus so I thought I'd get at least something out of it. It had a word code and all. Thankfully I managed to trade it off. ^_^

And then I spent a good minute debating on whether I want a CB Blancblack or a Mariner pygmy, jumping back and forth between the coast and the forest, seeing one Mariner get snapped up but another spawned in its place... but then I settled on the Mariner anyway because I felt like I could use a few more of them.

I traded for this guy https://dragcave.net/lineage/4GYX5 who I froze out of stupidity... And then got a shiny egg as a mate for him, only to search and search for where on my scroll I put him. I made a group to look, and come to find out... I FROZE HIM. HOW. :( I even had the perfect 3g checker mate for them, to make a 4th gen GoN/avatar x Bronze SS checker.  sad dayyy

I forgot that Influencing can fail, since I haven't really had it happen. So the market Gold I saved up for (bought only to complete the non-bred pair) turned out as male. Bleh. Guess I can make cool checkers with him, so silver lining and all that.

Edited by Erzebette
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Erzebette said:

I forgot that Influencing can fail, since I haven't really had it happen. So the market Gold I saved up for (bought only to complete the non-bred pair) turned out as male.

Supposedly, it cannot fail.

Check your Action Log if/how you actually influenced him?

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Supposedly, it cannot fail.

Check your Action Log if/how you actually influenced him?

Ahh, ok. Then I really, really fluffed up! :blush: That'll teach me to influence in groups. Already working on a line with him, though, so all is fun. Plus, something to keep hunting for.

I just now accidentally abandoned a z code blue Dino  😡

I thought I clicked "Hide" because it was sick, but nope. I clicked Abandon.

The names of these dragons really are a good indication of the dumb thing I did.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4MBSi

They were eggs together and I didn't notice until they grew up. And I couldn't breed them with the mates I had waiting.

At least they counted for the raffle I guess.

Edited by bonvoyage

I like symmetry, especially when it's coincidental. That's kind of the ONLY explanation I have for picking up a Blue-Banded Cef49 and a Falconiform Ler68 for their similarly built codes (for both of which I have absolutely NO use).

If anyone wants these, just PM me, otherwise I'll drop them in 5 hours.

This entire time I thought I didn't own a single caveborn Day Glory because the times I'm always on DC it's only night glorys floating about the cave.

The other day I finally managed to catch a Day Glory only to just now realize it's actually a CB Night Glory I need :'D
Well at least I won't have any trouble catching those but really all this time years  really how silly of me. 
Let's not even mention sunrise/sunsets TT^TT
These time-specific dragons always throw me off lol

31 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Let's not even mention sunrise/sunsets TT^TT

Those at least depend on their hatching time, so you can just keep them fogged when they are NOT supposed to hatch.

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Those at least depend on their hatching time, so you can just keep them fogged when they are NOT supposed to hatch.

Oh...I completely forgot they worked like that...haaa

Thanks for reminding me ^^

I mean I guess that's easier though given my memory I'll probably forget all about it when it comes to hatching time I'd probably see the fog eggs and be like 'why are these fogged? they're ready to hatch" lol

went to see what second gen pairs I could breed... "oh damn, better double check last time I bred these two the egg APed because I was dumb"
I checked. They produced an egg, the less rare breed naturally, but yay, I got to keep it. I then was scrolllocked AND foolish enough to breed a copper x red pair. The copper egg I have been hopeing for for a while was send to the AP. WHY AM I SO DUMB? -.-

Forgot to update my spreadsheet with the newest breeds (Mariner Pygmy and Skysilk) and spent a good 10 minutes trying to *find* the entries in my spreadsheet before realizing they just weren't there!

Breeding to gift to someone without checking whether they're busy or have problems to take care of first IRL. And now I'll have to hold the egg for 2 days >.<

Reflex clicked a new release egg.

I plan to take them later, I have 2 people sending me an egg and I filled my last slot >.<

Hopefully, maybe they want the egg in return.

Another mis-influence! I was so pleased to get this egg as well, wasn't sure I'd "win" the trade and now I've ruined the checker for myself 😕

Keep forgetting I'm egglocked/almost hatchling locked. Put stuff into a trade link, realized it couldn't be accepted, and had to cancel it and slink away into the corner. :(