S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had long fingernails for so long that when they are short, I literally CANNOT type. It's like trying to walk without toes. I totally lose balance just because my fingernails aren't there to prohibit my actual fingertips from pressing the keys. My fingers get all shaky and then it's typo-city. >->

So yes, for the integrity of my writing, definitely long fingernails.

well, my nails aren't really long, because they break quite easily. I keep them to like 4mm. If they get too long they are starting to bother me.

I only keep them short if one breaks and i have no choice but to cut it off. :/

Short, oh, short all the way!

I've played the cello for... 13 years now, so I'm really used to having them short. In fact, it feels weird and uncomfortable when they get long.

Short is cleaner, and less of a bother. And I think it looks better smile.gif

Short unfortunately.

I think they look prettier long, but I always end up breaking nail or chipping it so it's easier to just leave them short.

I'd have to say medium length, or just a little long. Though sadly when my nails get to even a medium type length they like the bend backwards.....when even grabbing something like a towel. sad.gif

edit: On the piano front, had a teacher once that insisted on short/pretty much nubbed nails as to avoid "clacking".

Edited by Erithan

Short! I like long nails but mostly on other people. I tend to pick my own nails any time I start to see them if I'm looking at hand from the palm-side, making it rather difficult to grow long nails, even if my nails were strong enough to last, lol.

I'd like to keep them long.. but their too soft to last. :[ They usually break or chip after a few days.

(Plus i have a habit of biting my nails.. no good.)

Extremely short, my finger nails turn white shorter up the nail then most people, I hate that so I cut them well short. If that makes sense.

I prefer my fingernails short. It's just too uncomfortable to have them long. I do think long fingernails are pretty but it would drive me insane if I had long fingernails. So short all the way for me biggrin.gif

Short-medium for me. I anyway play guitar, so they can't be long. I don't really care though. I just need nails for picking at things, nothing else.

Shortish. I have "target" nails- somewhat flimsy if they get too long. Except for my thumbs. I like long thumbnails. Nice, long sturdy thumbnails.

I prefer mine short. I don't see the point of making them long, and long nails may interfere with some things I do. Also, I play the violin, so shorter nails make things so much easier.

While I prefer my nails short (I draw and write, and long nails get in the way of typing), I think long nails can be pretty as well. My nails are also easily chipped so they've never gotten very long anyways.

Though there is such a thing as too long when it comes to fingernails. I went with my mother to get her nails done and my own painted one day and a woman walked in with nails that were almost 3 inches long with really ornate patterns painted on them! @_@ I could never have nails even half that long!

I have short fingernails, I'll admit when they're a bit longer it can come in handy for opening popcans, but the feeling of longer nails is strange to me and gets on my nerves, I have a bad habit of cutting them far to short.

People with long nails make me cringe too, dunno why.

Edited by Scathe

Nimbus:

I trim my fingernails really short, I do a lot of cleaning and gardening, and long fingernails would get to grubby and icky and stuff. laugh.gif And for me, long fingernails feel like they might break if I open a soda can.

But my sister JadeEyes who sits next to me by the computer is the complete opposite, she keeps her fingernails long. They're feminine and shiny, much healthier then mine. <.<

*is jealous*

Given the choice I prefer long, but my fingernails are always short because I ride a lot. Barns and horses + long nails = painful, dirty and overall not very good.

As short as possible, and never painted. The only thing that ever gets applied to my nails are clippers and perhaps a clear varnish if one is damaged in some way. It's not that my nails are unhealthy, but long nails are just plain unsanitary. I work with animals of various types on a regular basis and spent several years as a teenager volunteering in a greenhouse associated with my school, so I grew accustomed to short nails and can't stand to have them long at all.

Edited by keijaidyyn

Short.

My fingernails are rather soft, so if I accidentally ram my fingertip against a hard surface, the nail can bend upwards right where it's attached. It hurts!