S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me, I prefer long fingernails; it looks fashionable and makes life easier in many ways. Feel free to discuss the topic here. smile.gif

Had long fingernails my whole life- in the role of convenient extensions of my fingers, not as hindrance. rolleyes.gif

-Fingers feel so short and blunt without... And simple things such as picking up a needle or turning pages in a book suddenly become a lot harder.

Never had any troubles playing sports or doing other things because of them.

Short. Some years ago I had quite long fingernails all the time, but I got tired of it. Now I'm keeping them short. Not short as in "hardly any nail at all", but so that, for instance, the tips of my fingers can touch the keyboard without the nails hitting anything. Works perfectly for me.

Never had really long nails, because I've played the violin up to last winter and my nails are quite thin and tend to deform if I let them grow.

I don't like completely short nails either, because the fingers feel blunt then, but usually keep them up to the end of the fingertip. Looks fine, feels fine, imo.

One thing that I really detest are bitten nails.

Edited by lightbird

Long. <3 I regret cutting my nails to the length they are now. ._. Feels so... wrong.

Long. *nods*

Keep trying to grow mine out but they break. :<

Why do you keep making all these really random polls.....

^ This.

Anyway, I hate bitten nails. Whenever I see someone nibbling away at their bitten down nails I always have to fight the urge to slap their hand away from their mouth.

Personally, my nails aren't long. I trim them so that they don't get in the way. I can't cope with really long nails anyway; interferes with my typing. And I hate those really long fake nails that lots of teenage girls have these days. They just scream 'chav' to me.

Long nails.

Mine have pretty much been long for the past few years, and I always feel like I'm missing something when I have to cut them.

They're handy to have, and I really like my long nails. tongue.gif

I used to play the piano, so I had really short nails (as in nothing above the finger) but now I have medium-long nails. So convenient for so many things.

I would like longer nails but mine tend to chip and crack once they get past the top of my finger sad.gif

short.. long nails mean i get more random cuts

I play the piano and violin, so I have to have short fingernails or else it feels kinda uncomfortable...

I keep my fingernails short because I play the piano, plus, as soon as I see that a fingernail is growing unevenly, I clip it off.

Short, long ones creep me out, man. D:

I play violin and some guitar, strings+nails=no no. It makes the music sound weird.

Edited by Qwackie

I play violin with Qwackie, and as she said; fingerboard+nail= D:

Plus I tend to bite my nails quite often, but since I have bigger brackets on now for my braces, I let them get long so I can reach them, and just bite 'em down. *Chomp*

Plus, our music teacher said we HAVE to have SHORT, stubby fingernails.

Long. They help me open tthings when I have long fingernails.

I don't like really long nails, but not as short as it gets, either. I prefer something in the middle...short enough to be convenient and long enough to look elegant-ish when painted.

I have long fingernails and whenever I break one I feel... like I can't do everything anymore. I need my nails.

Short. I find long nails rather creepy.

Plus, my nails break easily, so they wouldn't be long even if I wanted them to be.

Short. I tend to accidentally hurt myself all the time with longer nail. I'll end up with a bunch of scratches everywhere and my nails broken heh.

I used to love having long fingernails. I didn't even have a good reason, really, but I hated having them short.

Then I started taking piano lessons. My teacher was pretty strict about me keeping my nails short, because it's nearly impossible to play the piano with any real speed with long fingernails. So after a while I just got in the habit of keeping my nails short, and after ten years of piano, along with playing frisbee and working with ceramics - both of which cause problems with long nails - I just got used to it, and at this point I don't like having them too long. They really slow down my piano playing, and my typing, for that matter, and they severely interfere with frisbee playing, whenever I do it these days, and rock climbing. That, and getting climbing wall dust under your nails is fairly disgusting, so the shorter they are, the better.

I do tend to keep my thumbnails long, though. I find that fairly useful, and considering how differently the thumb is used from the rest of the fingers, I find it doesn't really interfere with anything I do.

I like my nails long, but they break, and I can't have them short when I'm doing origami, so I keep them kind of mid-length (which isn't an option on that poll).