S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do martial arts so they HAVE to be short, especially for handling the weapons in Kobudo.

I like them between long and short? They should be just past the fingertip and in a good condition - French manicure optional wink.gif If I have to choose between long talons and nails that are bitten to the quick though, I'd take the latter, really long nails gross me out. I'm guilty of biting mine, but it's really difficult with my horrible underbite, so I can get into that state of mind where I leave them alone for ages.

Although I don't chew my nails, I prefer mine short, for more reasons than one...

The main one being that I play the violin. Long fingernails are NOT an option for that!

Secondly, I live on a farm. Long fingernails are likely to get broken or split when you're doing heavy work.

I was also never into fashion. It always bored me.

... Although, I do recall one time in my younger years where I let my nails grow out quite long, and then I filed them all into points. I know, I know, that makes them split more easily, yaddah yaddah yaddah. But it was fun while it lasted. Everyone was afraid of me when they found I would use them without regret. xd.png

Ideally I'd like mine to be a bit longer, but since they're so brittle short seems to be the way to go. At least this way they don't break when I have polish on.

They have neon purple polish on them right now and the name of the colour is Flying Dragon biggrin.gif

I love longer nails, because they're more fun to paint than shorter ones. But my nails are painfully slow-growing (And I bite them on top of that >.>) so are always short, so I just use fake nails. orz

I prefer really long nails and my nails grow like weeds so I could have them, but they interfere with my piano playing and typing so I keep them on the short side. But they aren't as short as they can be because I can't stand that. Some people would consider my nails on the long side. They are always long enough to open envelopes and other stuff with ease.

My nails randomly alternate between being really long and quite short. I try to grow them out because I prefer long nails, but sooner or later one will break right near the finger and I have to cut the others to match T-T

I went through a phase where I kept my nails really long-- the white part was longer than the pink part. Looking back on it now, it seems pretty gross, but I loved it at the time. Now I keep them fairly short, just long enough to scratch an itch or peel up a sticker.

Long. I always keep mine super long.

Although since I'm going bowling today I have to cut them shorter than normal. Thank you this topic for reminding me. ;P

Medium. I don't like them so short they make my fingers look stubby and I can't open things. But not long enough they break or get in the way of typing. biggrin.gif

but sooner or later one will break right near the finger and I have to cut the others to match T-T

My, how I hate that. D: I'm trying to grow my nails ultra long right now, and guess what, one of them just has to break.

I have Trichotillomania (I pull my hair out .-.) so I kinda have to keep my nails short-ish so it makes it harder for me to pull hair (i attack my eyebrows and lashes)

Personally I keep my fingernails about 2-3 mm long. That way they're not long enough to break or get in the way but I can still use them. The one thing I can't stand though is guys who have really long fingernails. I knew this guy and his were longer than what I've seen on most girls. For some reason it was really creepy, though this may have had a lot to do with the individual on which the fingernails were living. . .

Well... middle.

Not too long, not too short. It's annoying when it's too short, 'cause then I can't crease properly when doing Origami, but I can't have it too long 'cause I play piano. So it's medium for me. :3

I like both actually.

Usually I let my fingernails grow and try keeping them long for as long as possible, but every now and then I just cut them for the sake of a new start.

But oh, how I hate that first day after cutting my nails short, it just looks like something's missing.

YES MY NAILS ARE FINALLY GROWING.

Once I get the darn things to stop breaking they grow really fast... at least the ones on my left hand. I'm right-handed, so I guess those fingernails are better short, but still... o_O

It doesn't really matter the length, but I'll say this... I don't like fake/acrylic nails. They look tacky... (- to anyone that has them, this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are people who think my piercings and dyed hair are tacky, and I don't get butt hurt over it.)

Middle.

Right now I have quite long though (at least for me they're long, but I know some who has much, much longer than me).

I prefer long nails, but mine are usually medium length because they chip/peel/break very easily. They're just so convenient and look better when painted~ :3 Right now, mine are only about 2mm with my thumbs being about 0.5cm because I recently trimmed them because they were terribly peeled off and jagged. However, my toenails have to be the shortest possible without makng them bleed, because imo, having white tips on them is just gross.

Short. my nails break way too easily, so long is just a pain.

Also, I love how we have eight pages of a thread dedicated to fingernails. xd.png

I did orchestra for so many years that I can't grow my fingernails out much farther than just after the white at the end starts showing, they just irk me when they get much longer than that.

And usually when I cut them after that, I cut them to the point where they are incredibly tender/almost bleed. I can't stop myself, though, I just really like short fingernails.

My nails always grow very long. But eventually they get weak. It hurts when they break. Mine constantly break at the edge where the skin is and I have to tear it off before it gets caught on anything..yea.