S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Long, as it helps me open stuff. Except for my pinkies. Those I keep short because they bug me when I write.

Long fingernails are great, not too long though. Something in the middle biggrin.gif

Any nail polish will look good in them.

But unfortunately I have to keep mine always short since I have weak and thin nails. I don't know what to do to make them strong!

Edited by Slytherin7

shorter medium length is good for me. Those insane long nails bother the carp outta me... and I don't mind short nails though. I find I can play piano just as well with shorter medium nails as with "no nails" at all. Plus, it makes untying knots when people get their hoodie strings stuck on stuff (you won't believe how many times I see this) so much easier!

I prefer short! Work can easily destroy long nails in a few hours! (On a similar note, I love to paint my nails but they always chip too quickly. Anyone have any good topcoat reccomendations?! Or any tips in general to stop this?)

I personally prefer short, I don't like when people grab my arm or hand or whatever and I can really feel their nails....

Work can easily destroy long nails in a few hours!

Depends on your nails, really. With mine I could dig holes into the ground, but they'd still look more or less the same once I've properly cleaned my hands.

Against the chipping... Oiling, nail moisturizer, something along those lines? I only rarely paint my nails, so I don't really need such things (nail polish absolutely does ruin fingernail-structure, worse than any non-chemical-involving work, I'd say).

I prefer not too long and not too short. If they are too long they get annoying but if they are too short it is kind of hard to scratch my brother with them biggrin.gif

I prefer not too long and not too short. If they are too long they get annoying but if they are too short it is kind of hard to scratch my brother with them biggrin.gif

Lol, this is what I was going to say. Not too long and not too short is perfect for me. Great so I don't break one when I'm working the horses, but long enough to scratch people when I'm at Judo practice biggrin.gif

If you look at my hands from behind, you can just see a little bit of nail.

I find really long, or worse, fake nails really ... I don't think it looks very classy. It can look good, but that requires meticulous maintenance and they absolutely do have to be the same length. It's a bit like jumpsuits. Possibly great, in reality rarely works out.

I have a weird relationship with chewing fingernails. Watching someone chew puts me off my food, but I don't mind looking at or touching those poor chewed nails when no current chewing is going on.

I've never had long nails in my life, except for the really cheap pop-on ones. And those were a pain. I popped them off about five minutes after I put them on.

My fingernails are always bitten down to the quik, and bleed fairly often because of that. Though I've started to let them have a bit of white to them. So, yeah, I'll say short nails.

Long fingernails (usually about 0.5mm).

If I get dirt up my nails, I can easily pick them out (I know it sounds disgusting... but my nails are all pearly white by the end of the day xd.png). And I've picked multiple locks (just for those forgetful people who lose their locker keys) for others - successfully.

There's also loads of other things, such as scratching that wax you spilt when you knocked over the candle...

... yeah, I think I'll stop.

I don't really think about how it looks though - no one looks at my hands. And they're also useful for defence... xd.png

(And also, I can never be bothered to cut them.)

Edited by cfmtfm

I tend to grow mine out really long... but then I have to cut them, because they get in the way when I type. sleep.gif;;

Short, without a doubt. I work with horses so much that long fingernails just aren't practical. It doesn't matter if they're real or fake, they just get in the way or get ruined.

I'd prefer to have long nails but I've never ever kept them long because:

1) I play the piano and violin and the sound of nails against the keys/strings absolutely hurts me. Just thinking about it now is making me shiver.

2) No matter how many people tell me how bad it is for me, no matter how many different methods I try, I still bite my nails. They're constantly short and sharp because I never seem to notice when I bite my nails until after I've bitten them. My nails look terrible as a result.

I...don't care?

I tear my fingernails out of habit, but I really can't say I have a preference o__O

Long.

I hate short i used to bite my nails so they looked terrible but now i've stopped and my nails look Great!!! I'm proud! and noe i can point without being embarrassed by my ugly bitten nails biggrin.gif

I prefer short over long. If my nails grow too long they end up getting in the way of my doing everyday things. Making a sandwich, typing on the keyboard, even simply picking something up is a hassle. Also, I don't know if it's just me being stupid or what, but I end up moving my hands too fast sometimes and my nails end up cutting me :I I once cut my face because I was trying to rest my head on my hand.

My nails might just naturally grow sharp for me but this is why I'm wary of long nails.

Edited by VeeVeeLa

I try to keep mine long. I feel like they're more convenient and prettier when they're long.

I am a nail-biter, so mine are always short. Because of this I can't really peel off stickers and pull tabs and so on. That said, I am constantly jealous of my friends' ability to paint their nails and scratch stuff. The only time mine are long is when I get fake ones put on... and I love the falsies intensely. xd.png

I generally prefer long fingernails, they have many uses, and did never disrupt my day somehow.

I try to have long fingernails, because they just look good on my fingers LOL.

But they break easily because I don't have very strong nails..

Edited by Skaiya