S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SHORT SHORT SHORT

If my nails even grow a tiny bit longer than my finger, they drive me insane. And what I hate is, I have no idea why. If they grow longer than my finger, then I get this feeling, like there's something under my nail that's trying to dig its way out. It drives me crazy, and the only way to make it go away is to clip or bite them until they're super short.

I don't care if other people have short or long fingernails though.

I have to cut mine short since I play piano. I work on a farm and with animals, so short nails are far more practical too, but I used to love having long nails, and mine are wonderfully strong so they don't break easily, but it just became a nuisance eventually. So I PREFER long nails, but I have short nails.

long, but not too long. Because some people can really exaggerate... And ONLY natural nails, otherwise it looks funny (not all, but most of them do) biggrin.gif

I like short fingernails. They make it easier for me to type and go bowling; I learned early on that having long nails and bowling don't go well together. tongue.gif

I've actually taken up guitar now, so I have to cut my right fingernails down. (Realised I made a typo earlier on... I prefer my nails to be about 4mm long.)

I keep my left fingernails long though - so one hand is long and one hand is short. :3

I like short fingernails. They make it easier for me to type and go bowling; I learned early on that having long nails and bowling don't go well together. tongue.gif

Why? I have gone to bowling, done garden work, et cetera with my long fingernails just fine. biggrin.gif

Playing piano or guitar wouldn't be an issue, either. And typing in a way which would make my fingernails hit the keys would mean holding my fingers in a way which'd be outright painful after a very short while, and I can't honestly imagine doing precision-work or opening cans without my nails.

I like short-medium nails that are happy, pink, and free of polish. Unfortunately I am a bit OCD about ripping the white ends off my nails (and sometimes beyond, ouch) so my nails are disgustingly short to others. However, I play the piano and the violin, as well as garden and work with horses quite often so short nails are better. I just wish new growth would live long enough for my nails to be considered short and not disgusting. dry.gif

Maybe it's the way I hold the ball and bowl, Shienvien, but my nails always break. Long nails never got in the way of me playing the piano.

I like having long nails to open cans, but sometimes I worry my nails will break with a particularly stubborn can.

Had long nails for many years. They were fun, but a lot of work.

Now, I am happy with my nails short. I feel less encumbered. They aren't super short; they are long enough; I still like to use polish. I prefer this length. smile.gif

Maybe it's the way I hold the ball and bowl, Shienvien, but my nails always break. Long nails never got in the way of me playing the piano.

I like having long nails to open cans, but sometimes I worry my nails will break with a particularly stubborn can.

When I had long nails, I had this issue, too.

They were nice, but they did require upkeep.

I don't bowl, at least not regularly and not very well laugh.gif But they would break because I am kinda klutzy. ninja.gif

I find I can do more things with them short, but then again, they are not very VERY short. smile.gif

I prefer short fingernails. As a person who hates the feeling of a nail file scraping on her nails, it is too easy for them to look uneven and tacky once they're longer.

Maybe you've got fragile nails? huh.gif

I myself have almost never actually broken a nail - I've managed to cut into a fingernail with a blade several times and thusly gotten rid of one and so forth... In other words, it's always something which would've gotten a piece out of my finger if my fingernail did not catch it instead.

I prefer short nails. I am a horse back rider, and I love to be outside. The hassle of keeping them clean is just too great. wink.gif Also, long nails just seem creepy to me, and I am afraid I would break them and it would hurt. So, I prefer short, but not super short nails.

I don't care if other people have long or short nails, both looks fine to me. But for myself I can't STAND long nails, once they grow past a certain length I get all nervous and uncomfortable until I cut them. But that may be because my nails are soft and tend to rip very easily, if they get too long they always end up getting damaged and look lopsided and weird.

I generally keep my nails short. I horseback ride too, plus I'm just too lazy to take care of my nails. Its mostly because I still bite my nails a lot though.

Short, I don't like my nails long. ^^

But I think long nails are pretty smile.gif

Edited by isstiautng

Yeah, I used to bite my nails too. I like long nails because I love painting them, but my nails are too little and stubby and don't look nice even when they're long - my hands are pretty little and pudgy as well - so I just keep them short to not draw attention to them - I still do paint them when they're a nice shape and I can be bothered to though.

I really love the long nails, but there are four reasons that I can't have them.

1) I bite them to the point that you think they don't exist.

2) I play the piano and I can't have a normal tune with them

3) They would get dirty because of my studies (veterinarian school), imagine to get into a stable with them or doing a surgery

4) They need time to take care of them and make them look pretty and I don't have any free time.

So I suppose long nails will be an uncatchable dream for me sad.gif

I keep my nails freakily long (my family and friends' words, not mine), it's convenient for many things. :3 I swear they're made of titanium or something, they almost never break, no matter what I do... to be fair, I don't do much manual stuff, either...

(They do occasionally bend, though. And that hurts like HELL. *cringes* This happens very rarely though.)

Besides convenience, I have really long, thin fingers, and really long nails make them look even longer. I like that effect tongue.gif

Only stupid thing is that they're not all the same length, left hand has longer nails than right hand for instance, so I look like a dumbass. xd.png (Can't be bothered to cut all of them when one is damaged... who cares, really.) I recently cut them to what I thought was a reasonable length, so they'd be at least somewhat even, and I still get comments about how long my nails are. Wish I'd taken a "before" photo lol

Wow how long can I make a post about my own nails?? Yay procrastination...

Edited by Orlageddon