S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My friend has reeeally long nails, and I personally think it's kinda gross. blink.gif I wayyyyyy prefer short ones

I like mine medium length (roughly 1-2mm long) because they are very useful for many things. Any longer than that and they get in my way.

I prefer short, especially since mine have to be cut nearly every week because of how fast they grow (seriously, by the end of one week they have grow over my fingers)!

I like/have...medium fingernails. Too short, I feel like I can't do anything with them. Too long, they kinda get in the way. I like the length they are right now. :3

I keep my finger nails short most of the time, and if they get a little long i bit them off unconsciously.

I am a strange one. About half my nails I want to have long and my other half not too short but enough to be able to relieve itches. I even try to get my thumbnails as long as possible but they break before that happens.

I'm forced to have short fingernails otherwise I run the risk of breaking them off when I play piano, which I do extensively... And believe me, it hurts like a *BLEEP* when it does sad.gif

i keep my nails really short. like so short there is little or none of the white part of the nail smile.gif i find it comfy! but i always have to have my friend who keeps her nails long to open my fruits...

Just so you know, I measured my nails today. Longest, 1/2 inch. Right thumb.

It just always seems weird to me when people ask if my fingernails get in the way. The only time they do that is opening bottles. It drives my fingernails into my palm. Not fun, especially since my nails are usually chipped and really sharp. And then, even when I cut them, I don't have the training or whatever to open bottles. Kinda' embarrassing really xd.png.

Shortish. Not like, to the point of bleeding when they get cut, but just short enough to not get dirt and stuff under them. But there has to be some length to them otherwise I can't pick things up or turn pages and stuff.

It's not real practical for me to have nails doing chemistry classes, and before I worked in the food industry and long nails and food don't mix.

The only time they do that is opening bottles. It drives my fingernails into my palm.

Queer- doesn't happen for me, and I have long nails, too.

What is the connection of playing piano and having short nails, though? I've played piano for a bit in the past and can testify my long nails don't get in the way- in fact, if I wanted to press the keys in a way that actually leaves the nails touching the keys even slightly I'd have to hold my hands in a rather uncomfortable position. blink.gif

(Which means I can't keep up with it this way for long anyway, simply because my hands become tired of the position.)

I will say medium. I like having something of a nail, but I don't want them long either. I keep them short when I am sculpting though, for otherwise, my nails leave unwanted marks in the clay.

I'm sort of weird that way...

I can't have long nails on my left hand because I play the cello and it gets in the way, but I don't care enough to cut the nails on my right hand, so~

(The annoying thing is that my nails grow fast, so right now the nails on my left hand is longer than on my right... >.<)

My nails grow super fast, so as soon as I cut 'em, about five days later, I need to do it again. So I usually don't bother unless people start bugging me. xd.png

I keep my nails short, but not too short. I don't like having long nails.

I love having long nails. Though I don't grow em out too long. Just long enough where I can file them to a point and use them for clawing people >:] don't mess with the Neko or ya'll get the claws

I like them long enough to do paint and stuff, but short enough to not be in the way. I grew up biting my nails, so they almost always were permanently short. Now, I've stopped, but the habits stuck. I grow them out to hear the sound of them clicking against the keys of my piano, or the keyboard, or even the desk. |D

And I like getting manicures. So.

I like them long enough to do paint and stuff, but short enough to not be in the way. I grew up biting my nails, so they almost always were permanently short. Now, I've stopped, but the habits stuck. I grow them out to hear the sound of them clicking against the keys of my piano, or the keyboard, or even the desk. |D

Basically exactly this, except I haven't been able to kick the nail-biting habit, and I have to keep polish on mine all the time to prevent myself from biting them :/

mine started growin out cause I stopped biting them lol and i love tappin them on desks and keyboards to hear them click. Two of them broke recently so it's off balance and it feels weird >.< sometimes I'll cut em down so they can grow out evenly when that happens

I always find that my thumbnails grow way faster than my other nails. I kind of like it that way- I keep my thumbnail pretty long, and my other nails shorter, but long enough to be nicely painted.

Medium. I don't like them long enough that they get in the way or break easily, and I don't like them short enough that I can't use them to itch or peel things.

Er... I don't really care too much about the length of my fingernails. I get annoyed through if a nail breaks and it comes out uneven.

My nails grow fast so they are usually long. Sometimes so long in fact that because of them, I start hitting wrong buttons on my cell or the computer keyboard because of them.

I like having longer fingernails because they look nice and I can make tapping noises to entertain myself! biggrin.gif

Short. I tend to bite my nails a lot. And even if I don't, they still break off because I'm a dishwasher at one job, and at home I weed the garden and stuff. My nails really don't grow fast anyway.

Edited by Dawnwing